on 4 May 2012
Mr SUMO...you've done it again! This fab book takes a very serious subject (worrying, which makes you anxious, which creates stress, which robs you of energy and life!) and manages to boil it down to the basics. Lots of tips. Lots of real world stuff. Some great examples. And, in true SUMO style, some laugh out loud moments. I love the style and the tone. As human beings we're programmed to worry...but this book will help get things into perspective. Loved it
on 8 June 2012
when I told my husband I was ordering this he laughed 'just one book'!! I'm a serial worrier and always have been with low self esteem to boot. the great thing about Paul McGee's books are that they are short, to the point, realistic, humourous and full of great little tips to help you. For me it's these small, but valuable nuggets that come into my mind when needed - so for me it HELPS! Honest!
on 29 April 2012
I've read nearly all Paul McGee's books and his latest offering cannot fail to inspire. I have utilised aspects of Paul's material in my work and personal life and was excited to hear Paul had been working on another new book to help others on their way to a better life.

It assists the reader in understanding how they can develop strategies to help get all aspects of worry, stress. anxiety into perspective for a better life. Paul offers a no-nonsense, understandable and humorous approach to the subject which can't fail to inspire. He doesn't delve into psychobable but makes it real by talking about his own experiences of worry, stress and dealing with change as well as that of his family and friends, which really helps the reader apply it to their own life experiences. This book I know will become a real reference book to dip into for me and my family just as SUMO (Paul's philosophy and book on life strategies for success) has and continues to be. As humans we are all very different in make up and perspective but we all worry in varying degrees and it is refreshing to realise from reading this book that sometimes people love to to worry rather than take action to minimise the effects of worry on others and their own health.

I am from a family who worries - and after soaking up all this book has to offer in a weekend of reading and reflecting, I would highly recommend everyone to invest in a copy - I firmly believe that whatever your age, perspective on life or background - you can't fail to relate with the issues of worry that Paul explains in such a creative way for the reader whilst at the same time helping you develop a strategy to help you overcome the effects of worry on your life. In a world where we focus on the negative aspects of life more than positive it is refreshing that Paul has again offered a pro-active solution to one of life's constant elements - we just need to stop, understand and move on.......

Great read, totally inspired and worrying less already......
on 23 August 2013
A very helpful and practical book. Paul McGee explains how the various parts of the brain work, why we sometimes become worried and apprehensive about things, and gives practical tips and advice on how to reduce worrying. I have read books before which were all about breathing exercises, etc, which are probably more helpful in cases of physical stress or anxiety attacks, but what I needed was something to help me be less apprehensive and worried about future events (worrying about all the stuff that might go wrong, etc), and this book fits the bill.
VINE VOICEon 23 December 2012
This was a book of tips on how not to let worries overwhelm your life. Nothing too original but some quite useful advice on analysing your worries realistically, not immersing yourself in negative media stories, associating with people who lift your mood and decluttering your life. 4/5
on 2 February 2013
Plain speaking and easy to understand. May take the mystery out of worrying. Glad to know my black sense of humour has probably helped me at the very worst of times......thought I was just weird
on 4 May 2012
Fab book. 1st half will have you seeing why you're worryng and you will be starting to find solutions as you read. 2nd half will help you expand the things you can do in order to have peace of mind. If you're standing, worrying, unable to figure out why you're not able to do the things you know you can then read the book, let it clear your mind and start moving on to be the best you can be :)
on 10 May 2012
This book has helped me to step of the downwards spiral of negativity I sometimes find going on in my brain. I use the 'revised script'on p174 to stop myself escalating my worries and anxiety (and the book helpfully separates the two) into a form of self destruction which can negatively impact; not only on me but others around me. The idea of 'what I am feeling is temporary' is extremely useful before I press 'send' on my emotions to all and sundry. I've read all of the SUMO books and use their wisdom time and time again. Written in a down to earth and friendly style this is a non-academic, practical book for anyone to access and get immediate perspective, ideas, humour and support. Another ray of 'mancunian' sunshine from Mr McGee!
on 2 December 2013
Self help books are often a bit pie in the sky
Think yourself rich etc.
Being a natural cynic you can imagine I approached this book without much confidence
Sometimes you find yourself ramping up the anxiety levels for no apparent reason
A few hours with Paul McGee's book is time well spent because if you follow his advice and suggestions things start to take on more sensible proportions.
You won't suddenly go from being a natural worrier to being completely the opposite but you will be able to stand back and formulate a better coping strategy without misplaced worry and sleepless nights
on 30 December 2013
A very inspirational book for anyone who worries too much. Paul Mcgee writes in a style which shows that he really cares about the readers of his books and gives valuable insights as to why we worry and what small steps we can make to help us make our lives brighter, but without him lecturing.

The Hammock times were good to make the Reader reflect on how each section of the book is relevant to their own lives. The book has taught me a lot about myself and I have learnt several tips on how to worry less and cope better with life.