4.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use

1.0 out of 5 stars Misleading. Pointless item
Published 22 months ago by Mouffy

1.0 out of 5 stars Misleading. Pointless item, 21 Feb 2013
This review is from: Chicco Keyfit Car Seat Base (Baby Product)
The point of having a carseat base is to avoid having to fight with the seatbelt everytime you place the carseat in the car. You should be able to just click-on and off the carseat easily within seconds on the permanently fitted base. Thats what bases are for.However, the manual of this base clearely meantions and illustrates that the seat belt must be placed arround the carseat even when fitted on the base. In my case, i even cannot use the seat belt around the carseat because the seatbelt is too short. No distributor of this item, (Asda, Debenhams, bambino direct, chicco etc..) do mention this. So in my opinion, this base design is pointless.

1.0 out of 5 stars bad, 30 Oct 2013
This review is from: Chicco Keyfit Car Seat Base (Baby Product)
Do not release to move the belt around the seat.
The blue slot on the back of the seat is very hard to put on.

Note : non-compatible with us keyfit.

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use, 6 April 2014
This review is from: Chicco Keyfit Car Seat Base (Baby Product)
Before we had the base I was unable to fit the seat myself as had to lift it too far up. Now I just click the seat onto the base, tilt it slightly and pull the seatbelt around the back. Once you have mastered the art of getting the seat belt into the slot it's really easy to use. It saves me stretching over the seat to plug it in everytime which is so much easier as I am not very tall. It is a shame the seatbelt still needs to go around the back of the seat (which is why it has four stars and not five) but it has definitely made my life a lot easier. :-)

1.0 out of 5 stars Useless, 23 Dec 2013
This review is from: Chicco Keyfit Car Seat Base (Baby Product)
Offers no advantage or ease in using the car seat in the car, I actually found it harder with this than without it.

I have a 2 door car and leather seats - I couldn't un-clip the seat easily due to the clip position and the shiny plastic seemed to slide around on the leather so I felt safer without the base and sent it back.

5.0 out of 5 stars Useful time saver and safety measure., 12 Jun 2014
This review is from: Chicco Keyfit Car Seat Base (Baby Product)
Ensures the Keyfit car seat is installed at the correct angle, and stops the need to fit the lap-belt part each time you take the seat out.

Good addition to the excellent Keyfit seat.

Chicco Keyfit Car Seat Base