on 15 March 2013
I enjoyed this book having been brought up in a mining village in Yorkshire. I found the author a little over powering at times - she knew everything type of thing and no one worked as hard as her etc, but it is a minor criticism.It explains a way of life that was not appreciated enough now or then.
on 30 November 2012
Really enjoyed this book. As my mother was a nurse in the pits at the time of the strike and was spat on and called names by one man during the strike I could sympathise with the so called scabs but could really understand how the miners felt at the same time. A must for anyone who lived through the strike and also for young people who have never know anything about mining life.
on 13 December 2012
As the wife of a miner who went through the 1984/85 strike I felt an affinity with the author. A strong story which was easy to read and thoroughly enjoyed it.
on 3 December 2013
I bought this book as I come from a mining family,and I was interested to find out what life was like for them during the 70's and early 80's. It is a very moving book, that takes you through life before,during and after the miners strikes. It highlights the high and low times,the struggles, the camaraderie of the families that stuck together to help each other through the dark times during the strike.
on 20 February 2016
A story telling the struggles of one farmily before during and after the miners strike in 1984. Interesting and factual, my family were involved in the strike so I was aware of what happened. Well worth reading.
on 22 September 2015
Shows how difficult life for miners was, we forget them. I remember the miners strike, what was shown on tv doesn't reveal the whole story,
on 17 April 2014
I loved this book from the beginning, I couldn't put it down. Is there anymore? Would like a sequel !
on 31 January 2013
I am reading this at present and am enjoying it. It is interesting to hear experiences from 'the horses mouth'.
on 1 April 2016
My wife enjoyed this book,well packed
on 14 August 2014
everything very good thankyou.