Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop Black Friday Deals Week in Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Amazon Fire TV Shop now DIYED Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Paperwhite Listen in Prime Shop now Shop now

TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 21 October 2012
It arrived quickly and well packed so of course I had to try it out straight away! It has detailed instructions and comes with water measuring jug which has an egg piercer at the bottom lovely touch! The only gripe I have is the markings on the water jug are practically impossible to see when you have added water as they are imprinted on the jug, so its all the same colour, there is no definate clear distinction as such and I am terrible with seeing things closer now as my eyes have aged!! Black markings would have been better for aging eyes me thinks! I mention this only as the whole device works on the amount of water you put in per egg ratio and firmness you require, as when it has run out of water the device switches off! First attempt we cooked 7 eggs and wished them to come out mediumsoft the lowest time to cook, but due to my poor eyesight we added too much water and we had medium hard not fully hard boiled but more set than we wished! So we have now marked the jug with a pen and on our second attempt we cooked perfect eggs so maybe just a problem I have with the measure in that I cant see the markings properley but thought I would mention it!!!
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 2 December 2014
After looking at frying-pan egg poachers, I decided to give this gadget a try ... and I've not regretted my decision! It's a really nicely designed, small gadget that looks good enough (with the brushed stainless steel dome lid) to leave out on the kitchen side permanently.

It ships with everything you need and works beautifully. A small amount of trial and error will be required to get eggs cooked exactly as you like them, but I find it's a lot more controllable than your basic pan of hot water on the stove!

I think this gadget will be energy saving because it heats up only a tiny amount of water rather than a big saucepan and all the water inside (I usually cook a minimum of 5 eggs for the family).

Perhaps the only down-side is that it will only poach 2 eggs at a time. I tried 3 eggs in the little plastic poaching dish that ships with the egg cooker but they didn't cook properly. However 2 poached eggs ready in under 7 minutes and cooked to perfection with very little mess.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 23 October 2015
On the face of it this product is ideal, you pick a quantity of eggs, you put in the relevant amount of water as per the measurer included with the machine, you put in the eggs, you turn the power on and wait for the eggs to be done...fantastic. main issue with this is that the only thing telling you it's finished is the light on the front going off, so you have to sit and watch it to see when it's done. I "assumed" (you should never assume, as it makes as "ass out of you and me"...or something) that there would be some form of noise to indicate completion! (from GCSE CDT I remember how easy it is to fix a buzzer to a light so it goes on when the light goes off!!) Anyway, no noise and as a result the bottom of the tray where you put the water burnt and went brown after 1 use, as although the heating element turns off when they are done it is still hot and the heat is trapped in by the design of the unit unless you take the lid off immediately. This is particularly annoying as it's impossible to clean off...while seemingly not making any difference to the product performance at present I assume this will have at least in part damaged it's ability to heat the water and will have an impact on product performance if this happens again in future. Also, if you use the "egg pricker" that is included then the eggs ALWAYS "ooze" out of their shell so it seems better not to use it so begs the question why include it? Still useful to have for the money but just make sure you use it when in the kitchen doing something else.
on 16 May 2014
Omletten' you know this is a great product, works really well. Very cheap, you don't need to shell out, good quality with a poaching tub and measuring jug (for water). cracking! You can't beat it That's all Yokes!!!
on 11 June 2012
this is a great little gadget and it actually works it boils your eggs bang on if your like me and boiling an egg was a very difficult process to get right this baby is for u i rate it 5*****
on 10 December 2012
Very good item
Worth the money use it every day.
Needs instructions to make poached eggs otherwise a very good product
on 7 April 2013
This little egg boiler is a very useful addition to the kitchen it poaches as well as boiling,very useful for one person or a family,its quick and easy to use and takes up very little space in the kitchen.I would recomend this item.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 1 June 2013
We used this for the first rime this morning and having followed the instructions for soft boiled eggs we finished up with hard boiled eggs... Clearly this will be a product that we will have to experiment with before we achieve a nice soft boiled egg!
on 20 November 2015
This arrived this morning so, naturally, I decided to try it out immediately.
I bought a dozen eggs a few days ago in preparation and kept them at room temperature. Four boiled eggs was my objective, I read the (very thin) instruction booklet and opted for hard-boiled.
I completely ignored the spike on the bottom of the measuring beaker because the booklet didn't mention it, at all.
I poured in the measured amount of water, placed four medium sized eggs in the plastic holder and turned it on. Then I set the alarm on my phone for 12 minutes, seeing as the booklet said that was how long it would take.
When the alarm went off I walked into the kitchen to find the egg cooker turning off, which was very reassuring.
I removed the eggs, ran them under cold water for a minute and peeled them. I discovered that I had four perfectly hard-boiled eggs, fantastic! I love a device which does exactly what it claims to do!
There was a brown stain at the bottom of the device where the water had been, I took a damp cloth and wiped it clean in a few seconds.
It doesn't get better than this.
on 17 November 2015
I've got a love hate relationship with this thing. It's great because it does save me a lot of time, I love dippy eggs and soldiers and this machine teases me with whether it's going to give me good eggs day after day. Even if I fill it up to the same amount of water every day the eggs are never consistent! It doesn't make sense! They're either under or over or if the machine feels like being my friend they'll be perfect! (This that's happened like once, it doesn't like me) the instructions in the box are rubbish, you get this measuring cup with a pin at the end, doesn't even tell you if you're supposed to prick the egg (I assume so as why else would it be there?) doesn't tell you what size eggs need to be cooking for an amount of time... Haven't even tried the poaching cup as if it can't even properly boil an egg I'm not holding out on it poaching one!! I'll keep on using this (haha even after my rant) but I wouldn't suggest anyone buying one. Might buy one for my enemy for Christmas as the frustration is real!!