on 4 October 2013
Took quite awhile to arrive. the hats are very small and elastic tight. the tool belt keeps coming undone and very hard to get tools in and out of the sections. some of the tools very plasticy and small.
on 2 December 2015
I totally expected this, but it's very cheap feeling and tacky. As mentioned, expected for the price. I'm sure a few hours of fun will be had from it though. The tools come in a plastic net bag. The belt is plastic and very stiff and the tools are plastic and pretty low quality too. I couldn't find any burrs or sharp edges on any of the tools or belt I received so I'm happy it's safe to be played with. Fun will be had with it though and that's the main thing. I guess from the perspective of fun to value, it's a bargain :)
on 6 May 2014
There are loads of similar products to this, this is not a good one. Although my son loves the tools, frankly its not very good. The screwdriver head 'fell out' within the first 20mins of play, the hat has no support at all, so consistently falls off and the adjustable wrench was substituted with a spanner which doesn't fit well in the belt! Seriously even for the low price I wouldn't bother, you'll probably find better constructed toys in the pound shop....
on 2 June 2013
Like other reviews, the hat is ridiculous and the tools broke within a few months. Admittedly our 3 year old is enthusiastic with his tools, but surely this is the target age group?! You do get what you pay for, so I'd recommend paying a little more.
on 29 September 2015
Definitely better than I expected after reading the reviews! Nothing wrong with it at all, not flimsy or fragile! Only thing is the top of the her comes of but so easily goes back on! Really pleased with this and my daughter loves it!
on 14 January 2016
cheap cheerful and my little nephew loved it.
Was intended as one of a few little gifts to compliment the "main" gift for his birthday, but he ended up walking around with the belt and hat on all day! The little toy tools are simple look the part and with no sharp points or detachable little parts its great!
on 20 February 2014
This set is fragile plastic, so don't expect it to be a durable children's toy.
What this is great for is as a costume. It certainly will last for a few days around carnival, for my kid to play Bob the Builder with his friends at a couple of carnival parties.
Ultimately, the most important thing is how my 3 year old son reacted: He LOVED it, so that's good enough for me.
Seriously, to other negative reviewers, what did you expect at this price?
on 21 September 2015
Tools are ok, but stiff plastic belt is rubbish. Made of 2 pieces which slot together, but they don't remain fastened for long. There was already a tear in one of the holes the 'buckle' can fasten on to.
on 3 January 2015
4 stars because items aren't as described, the adjustable wrench had been replaced with a spanner but my wee 2 year old loves this all the same. I was doing some railway engineering so needed to wear work boots and hi vis most of the time so he wanted to be like me. I got him this and a set of work boots. Belt fits great but so far we've just kept it looped instead of doing up and undoing it. The hat fits him just fine but it didn't have an elastic. Overall I'm pleased with this and it was cheap so happy days.
on 24 June 2016
Bought for my almost 3yr old granddaughter, who was actually quite pleased with it apart from the totally useless hard hat.
The hat isn't deep enough to stay on any head, and is a total waste of time.
Its cheap and nasty but my granddaughter likes it.