5.0 out of 5 stars Excallent!!
Published on 5 Nov 2009 by Ms. C. Stylianou

1.0 out of 5 stars Not useful for a long time - my son can open the gate now!
This product was fine only until my son was 18 months old. Now he opens the gate with no effort because it's very easy to unlock.
Published 19 months ago by M.I.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excallent!!, 5 Nov 2009
We have this gate in our kitchen doorway so our little one can't get in and it's brilliant!! We have a Lindam one at the door of our balcony and our son has already learnt how to open it (he's only 13months) but this No-Trip Gate is brilliant...not even adults who don't know what their doing can open it which means my son won't be able to either for a good long time! Because you have to coordinate pushing the latch and lifting the gate it can get some getting used to but once you do you can do it one handed which is brilliant for mums who seem to constantly have their hands full :) Also having no bottom bar on the floor means there is never a risk of tripping over.
As far as installing it goes I was 8 months pregnant and completely alone and I managed to get it all screwed in and put up :) unfortunately if you don't want to put holes in the door frame which obviously a lot of people can't do then this isn't a gate for you :( but if you are prepared to make a whole or 8 this gate is definitely the best I've seen and used! Oh the other top thing about this gate is that it opens the full door width not just a little middle section which can be an issue at times when trying to get shopping through the door :)

5.0 out of 5 stars excelent gate opens completly so no tripping ideal for the dogs, 23 Feb 2009
excelant gate opens completly so you and your child doesnt trip over the framework ideal for the dogs too

5.0 out of 5 stars Best gate we've had., 15 Nov 2010
Malc Jeffries (North Derbyshire) - See all my reviews
This is the best looking and most functional child safety gate we've had in many years. However we have never had a child to try it, but 3 medium sized energetic dogs.

It is the best looking because it is wood and blends perfectly with our decor, it is strong enough to keep our dogs at bay in their room whenever we have 'new' visitors, who can then get through the front door without bring mobbed. It is far easier to clean underneath because there is no floor bar (my wife says I have to put this point in) and the fixing points are non-slip, as they are screwed into the door casings, not at all obtrusive and very easy to operate. The template receieved with this product makes the placing of these fixings a 10 minute operation.

We are about to order more fixings so that the gate can be used in another part of the house.

Highly recommended and good value for the money, certainly beat the price at our local Tesco store.

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally a safety gate that fits and works well!, 26 Nov 2012
This review is from: BabyDan No Trip Metal Safety Gate (White) (Baby Product)
With a very dodgy opening at the top of my stairs I was in safety gate hell! I brought various gates and went through the faff of trying to fit them only to find that they didn't fit properly, or didn't work, all the while having a kamikaze baby charging for the top of the stairs at every opportunity. Finally I ordered the Baby Dan non-trip Safety Gate and I found a winner. My dad put it up with the use of his drill but it seemed very easy. It seemed the most flexible to fit into a difficult space but is very sturdy. I'm so glad I went for the non-trip option as I have another safety gate on a door frame and I'm always tripping over it, as is my daughter and obviously this would be very dangerous at the top of the stairs. At first I couldn't work out how to open it with one hand while carrying my daughter but then I realised the best way to do it is to use the top of my foot to lift the gate. All in all a brilliant product that I high recommend.

4.0 out of 5 stars Simple easy to use gate, 13 Jan 2010
Mrs. S. Moy - See all my reviews
This gate is really simple to use, it's not as stiff as some of the others, however it only fits a normal door opening. I made the mistake of originally buying for my stairs but it was far too narrow so I got the extending Lindam baby gate for the stairs. I just wonder if my little one will figure out how to open it in time... No chance with the Lindam one as it is also adult proof to open!

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use and looks lovely, 16 Feb 2011
I have a house which has two unruly dogs and very few doors! After struggling with a clunky second hand, freestanding baby gate to keep dogs out of some areas I bought this gate after reading some good reviews.

I am really happy with this gate. As they are set to be semi permanent fixtures in the house the 'no trip' aspect to this gate was essential. (I have tripped over too many baby gates at friends houses in my time!).

I love the wood finish and they look as attractive as a barred gate across a doorway can.I would highly recommend to anyone wishing to keep muddy paws off carpets after a long walk :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy peasy, 3 July 2010
This is a good price, easy to put up, easy to use. I don't, however, use it for a baby/toddler but as a dog-gate. It is very light - which has its advantages, but might also have disadvantages if a substantial toddler decided to try and swing on it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant 'dog' safety gate 5 stars BUT only 2 as 'child' safety gate, 5 Aug 2011
We have a very boisterous springer spaniel who needs to be kept from running amok around the house and this gate is brilliant. But as a child-safety gate I have concerns*

Good looking (lovely design-simple lines in light pine
Easy to fit (decent fitting instructions+ templates- its worth labeling the parts so you can follow the step by step guide more easily)
Good quality (well built but as its softwood it is easy to dent/mark/damage the wood)
Easy to use (open&close with one hand)
Superb value/price 13.95 and delivered free to your door

*CAUTION- there are 3 safety concerns with this door/stair -gate that may present a hazard when using this for small children/toddlers

1) the 2 bolts that are on the opposite side to the hinge side, stick out from the gate and the top one is at toddling child eye-level so could cause an eye injury when opening/closing the gate or if it is run into when left open

2) the two small pegs you need to insert into the contacts on the door-frame, to stop the gate opening both ways, are quite loose and can fall out or be removed by a exploring toddler and present a choking hazard. You do not have to use these tiny pegs but there should be a warning in the instructions at least or a redesign of this feature and I would not recommend this as a child safety until that is done

3) as mentioned by an earlier reviewer, the gate is lightly built and would not take the weight of a hefty toddler trying to climb on it or swinging on it (I know kids shouldn't be allowed to do this on any gate but realistically this does happen and is even more hazardous on a on a flimsy gate)

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple Baby Gate, 21 Jan 2011
This is the first baby gate I have had to put up. I wanted a nice wooden gate that the baby will not trip over in the future ( Parents either ). It took me 10 Mins to get the gate up and only 5 mins to set the adjustments. I would reccoment this product. Latching mechanism is also easy to use and secure

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what we wanted, 2 Dec 2012
This review is from: BabyDan No Trip Metal Safety Gate (White) (Baby Product)
Prefect for what we wanted, as at the top of the stairs we didn't want a trip rail. Exactly as the product stated.

ARRAY(0xb055cc0c)

BabyDan No Trip Metal Safety Gate (White)
16.00