5.0 out of 5 stars A VINYL FANATICS PRISE, 14 May 2013
This review is from: Jailhouse Rock (150gm Dual Speed Pressing) [12" VINYL] (Vinyl)
I had to buy this to see why there was only 5 tracks and 2 speeds on this record. The same tracks are on side A and side B, Side A is played at 33/3 rpm and Side B at 45 rpm.
I am a pro with a A/V system that totals around £10,000 with turntable, of £2,000, A/V receiver £2,000, 2 x power amps at £500 each for front and back audio and 9.1 speakers by B&W.
First I sat and listened the the A side at 33/3rpm. The sound quality was excelent as expected from 180g new vinyl and sounded much better the the same recordings I have on CD.
Then I turned it over to listen to the same tracks at 45rpm and WOW. The bass through the sub-woofer was making the furnature move and orniments fall off the mantle piece, the treble was so clear it could shatter glass and it proves to all those who say vinyl has had it's day to be b*****x, get them round and listen to this and if they say CD sounds better they need a hearing aid. I am a firm believer that the faster a vinyl record spins the better frequncies it could produce and this piece proves it. All I want to see now is 78 rpm vinyl, how amazing would that sound remastered. Fact is singles went down to 7" from 10" when the change came from shellec to vinyl in the 1950s so people of the day couldn't play vinyl with a shellec needle and destroy the record on first play so thumbs up to the record companies of the time. But, now that is no longer an issue lets see 78 rpm vinyl it will be FANTASTIC. This purchase is one you must make as if you don't believe me, see for yourself.

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting item, 24 Jan. 2013
Mr. N. Carter - See all my reviews
I know I am suckered into buying anything novel that Sony BMG produce relating to Elvis and that is my vice. Anyway, this is a really nice item albeit quite "interesting" a c oncept - 33 rpm one side and 45 rpm the other. I can't comment on the sound quality as I haven't played it yet but I am looking forward to doing so when we have refurbished the living room. Buy this if you are a collector.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 26 Feb. 2015