5.0 out of 5 stars better than the "Da Vinci Code"
I grew up reading the Enid Blyton's Famous Five, Secret Seven, and "Adventure" books, along side Franklin Dixon's Hardy Boys and Nancy Drew Mysteries (Dixon's real name was Edward Stratemeyer but the books were ghost written). This reminds me of the best of these stories.

Published on 14 Nov 2012 by Su

3.0 out of 5 stars Good for slightly older kids
Published 20 months ago by Mr. I. A. Macpherson

5.0 out of 5 stars better than the "Da Vinci Code", 14 Nov 2012
Su (England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)

This has an interesting mix of fact and fiction and has been called the Da Vinci Code for kids, but I think it's much better than that. There were times in reading the Da Vinci Code that my will to continue was tested almost to breaking, whereas here the story runs at a great pace and holds the interest.

It is meant for Young Adult readers but, as an adult, I thoroughly enjoyed it too, so much so I have already put the new one The Orphan of the Flames in my "basket".

3.0 out of 5 stars Good for slightly older kids, 5 May 2013
Mr. I. A. Macpherson "Macca" (Leamington Spa, Warwickshire) - See all my reviews
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I got this book for my 9 year old son. When asked on his thoughts his comments were "it's alright". We started it off and I have been encouraging him to finish it but he seems to have lost a bit of interest. I think it would be more suitable for the 10 to 13 age range. That being said it is nicely written with some illustrations to help with the puzzles and has a decent pace. Add a star if your kids like mystery puzzle stories and are around 11 years old.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great read for kids who like adventures, 1 Sep 2012
It is really good and interesting. I can't stop reading it. it is good for children aged 8 - 10. - my son, aged 8

5.0 out of 5 stars Come break the code!, 16 April 2013
G. Wylie "george11171" (Scottish Highlands) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
A brilliantly conceived mystery plot involving real locations, and mysteries, both old and new, with danger always lurking about in the shadows. The tale not only introduces simple, but complex clues, with intriguing maps and diagrams, but actively succeeds in involving the young reader in attempting to reach a solution. What I found most delightful is that it easily managed to involve a much older reader in the quest too!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great to read as you solve the clues, 17 Sep 2013
EllyBlue (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 100 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Secret Breakers is the kind of book that really makes you think as you solve clues along the way. It is a good book because you are able to try and work out the codes and ciphers as you read.
Brody Bray is a girl who lives with her Grandad as her parents aren't there any more. Brody gets told to go to a museum which is in fact a code cracking school which is so secret that even the government doesn't know of its existence. Brody and her friends uncover the case of Professor Vande Seccer. But they don't know someone is out to get them.
I would recommend this book for 10-13 year olds as even though the storyline is fairly simple, it is also very confusing in parts. If you like codes or secret agents in your stories, you will enjoy this.
Review by my 11 year old daughter! (She loved it!)

5.0 out of 5 stars Intriguing storyline, 17 April 2013
Friends fan (England) - See all my reviews
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Hi, I love books like this along with a good murder mystery. This is a really good storyline which keeps you interested from beginning to the very end. It has a few twists and turns too which is always good.

Although it is a Da Vinci Code for Kids book, I really enjoyed it and it was very easy reading. Well worth a read.

5.0 out of 5 stars intriguing and powerful story!, 16 April 2013
K. D. Squire (Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
i loved this book. its got a great story that will lead YA on a journey that will inspire and intrigue everyone who reads it! it captivates from the first page to the last and has a great mix of characters.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent, 15 Nov 2012
Cambridge Ian (Cambridge UK) - See all my reviews
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
First up - "Da Vinci Code for kids"! - this is better written in my opinion (having read the first 30 odd pages) and my 13yo son (who has devoured it) who really really enjoyed it.

I've seen an earlier review that drew a parallel with the hardy boys mysteries which is pretty close - loved those when I was a kid - and this is in the same mould.

My son is a prolific reader and him saying this was good is high praise indeed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Unlocking the Truth is Fun & Puzzling - The Power of Three Secret Breakers, 25 Sep 2012
Alessi Lover "C.A.D." (Knightley UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Spy's, clues and secret manuscripts, sounds fun and believe me it is. Unlocking the truth in this book is fun.

I ordered this for our eleven year old son but ended up reading it myself first.

An exciting mystery book that once you start off reading you find it hard to it down.

The puzzles throughout the book are fun and the writing good so much so I will be ordering the next book The Orphan of the Flames.

There is a website which son is going to go on and see about the real life bits that are in the book as he thinks that part sounds fun.

4.0 out of 5 stars Exciting story - start of a series, 13 Aug 2012
Henk Beentje "Henk Beentje" (Kew, England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The book (without giving away too much): Brodie Bray is an orphan, living with her grandfather. She is recruited by a secret agent who has defected from his Secret Agency - because he wants to work on a coded ancient document that has mystified many people for many years, and the Agency has forbidden all work on it. Why have they forbidden it? Why do they think Brodie can do it, and will she be able to get on with two really strange characters that she is supposed to work with? There are codes, clues, secrets and mysteries...

My opinion: I have always loved codes and their mystery, and any kid who feels the same (or any kid with imagination, really) might like this book. The ancient code Brodie is supposed to crack is real - you can find pages of it on the web - and so is the place she works in. Rooted in fact, driven by mystery and imagination, this is an exceitng read - but it ends in a cliffhanger, and you'll have to wait till October for the second part in this series!

Secret Breakers 1: The Power of Three