Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£2.99

on 28 July 2014
Full Disclosure is about the power that the state can wield to fool its citizens into believing anything that it pleases, whether for good or bad reasons. However, Eric J. Gates seems to give us hope that at least in this case, that power will not be misused, although we are never quite sure, because there are several red herrings laid in our path on our roller-coaster ride towards the end of the mystery.

I had never heard of Mr. Gates before acquiring this book for my new Kindle, but once I started reading it, I could not put it down without reluctance. I found the storyline and the plot fascinating. The characters were well drawn and. believable. I particularly liked the way Gates did not make his characters too black or white - even the villains were not over-daubed, which is how I think it is in real life.

After all, even Hitler, one of the most hated people in the whole of history, fell in love and liked dogs.

The trio who eventually get to the bottom of the mystery that this book creates, and ultimately reveals, are a mixed bunch who are thrown together to fight a common foe, that threatens to undermine American society.

I thoroughly recommended this suspense - thriller by a master of the genre and hope that he writes many more, perhaps even using some of the same characters.

I have subscribed to the RSS feed of Mr. Gate's blog so that I don't miss his latest news, and I can't say that about any other author.

I would love to tell you more, but then I would have to silence you, or perhaps the author might send the deadly Debby after me...
on 10 August 2015
When a novel starts like this, I know it’s time to buckle-up. “Seventy-six kills. Seventy-six. If circumstances were different, he’d rank amongst the most prolific serial killers of the twenty-first century.” He grabs you from the first line and never lets you catch your breath. “Full Disclosure” by Eric J. Gates, is another masterful thriller. Great scene of a frustrated US President really gives us the stakes. From there we go into a Secret Service scene that left my palms sweating around the kindle. And it just keeps going like that! Tension and action could be trademarked by this author. Highly recommended. Easy Five stars.
on 8 November 2014
I found this to be a thoroughly engaging book and what I enjoyed most about it was the different levels of the plot and how these strands interacted. There was the plot as was perceived from the point of view of the people of the town - the micro level, and then there was the macro level which could increasingly be glimpsed as the author allowed the perspective to be pulled back occasionally.

It was interesting that the micro level plot was self contained but was also itself split into two - at least from the townspeople's point of view but that from the macro level they were in fact one plot. ie the alien issue and the drugs.

Was there a strong differentiation between what would usually be termed good and bad characters? I suppose there was but it was not always a simple matter. Although the characters were typical of the genre I liked these slightly deeper aspects to who they were.

The author's writing style was also appealing as this added to a sense of pace.
on 25 May 2014
I just loved this book. Right from the very first page I was pulled in. The short, choppy sentences, the breakneck speed of the writing, were, for me, irresistible. I literally couldn't put it down! The plot was intricate and really kept me guessing, when I thought I had figured it out, well, I really hadn't. The main character Anson Moore - a true cold blooded killer. However, I liked him very much! Am pretty sure there's a heart and a conscience there. Eric Gates certainly knows his stuff. I've read most of his work and the attention to detail and technical knowledge are top class. I do hope there is going to be a follow up to this book, there certainly deserves to be and I think Moore could just go on and on. If you like fast paced thrillers that make your head spin , this is the book for you. A real thriller in every sense of the word!! Highly recommended and deserving of 5 stars.
on 29 December 2014
Full Disclosure
by Eric J. Gates

Twisting writing with deep secrets and a gripping story - Full Disclosure delivers!

Grab this one, with its well developed scenes and deadly Debby waiting to get to meet you.

A powerful dynamic created by by Gates in this 'bang-on' storyline!

5***** read
on 20 August 2012
If you're reading this on your Kindle, be patient as you may get a little confused in the time lines at the beginning, but it's well worth it. It's well written, exciting and a really good read. You definitely want to keep reading to find out what happens next; a great book to take on holiday so you don't have to put it down.
on 11 July 2012
I wasn't too sure what to expect from Eric J. Gates but I was bought Full Disclosure by a friend who recommended him highly. I certainly wasn't convinced by the cover. But from the very first page Eric Gates delivered a gripping read. The opening was reminiscent of the suspense of a Frederick Forsyth before settling into the pace of a James Patterson and the bangs per buck of Andy McNab.
In his chief antagonist, Anson Moore, Eric Gates has created a detached killer with, perhaps, a social conscience. In a tale of betrayal and double dealing we are never sure who is working for who and so the tension builds. By focussing much of the action on a small and isolated southern American town Eric Gates seems to be aiming for a closed-room mystery and to the greatest extent he succeeds. This is a nice counterpoint to the national and international implications of a President under threat and a secret that must never be revealed.
What is never in doubt is the amount of research that must have gone into this book. Every step of the way, every choice of weapon, every twist and every turn has been meticulously prepared.
A real page turner, and the ending does not disappoint. Inventive and imaginative, Eric J Gates keeps every detail just the right side of believable, and all the more disconcerting for that.
I look forward to reading the next.
on 15 July 2012
FULL DISCLOSURE held my interest from page one. The plot was spellbinding.
It was obvious a great deal of research had been conducted as the weaponry detail was so accurate.
This the second novel by Eric Gates that I have had the pleasure of reading and can only look forward to his next novel. This is a well versed author who takes the time needed to portray accuracy and authenticity, as displayed in 2012 and FULL DISCLOSURE.
Well done! Highly recommended.
on 26 September 2012
this was a good holiday read ~ just don't ask me what the disclosure bit was as I'm still not sure,
was it drugs,aliens or ¿