5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent usability, great price
Bought as a home laptop, quality is superb, screen excellent.

Fast speeds- iPlayer, youtube, lovefilm streaming all work in HD and are completely jolt and pause-free.

Keypad is very easy to use and comfortable- number pad at the side very useful.

PC connection to our 37" sony led tv displays in excellent quality and films are ..nearly..as...
Published on 4 July 2012 by Si_man306

2.0 out of 5 stars Flimsy Keyboard
This laptop was at an Amazon weekly deal price and good value for the spec.

However ... I found on arrival that the keyboard was extremely flimsy and it flexed and bent, especially on the left hand 'A/S/D' side. It felt like there was nothing behind the keyboard to support the keys when pressed.

Unfortunately I had to return this laptop as I was not...
Published 23 months ago by Gillian

1.0 out of 5 stars Faulty during the first 3 months, 22 Oct 2012
I have bought this (Intel Core i5-2450M 2.5/3.1GHz, 6GB RAM, 640GB HDD, Windows 7 Home Premium, USB 3.0) as a home computer and I have only used it 10-15 times so far. It could be the odd one out but the screen back light has gone out[[ASIN:B007XERCES Toshiba Satellite C855-13T 15.6 inch Laptop - Silver completely. I have now connected to an external screen to be able to work and already requested service within the warranty. 10 days and the basic warranty does not offer replacement to work with. I would not recommend the laptop. Its probably the worst of the 4 laptops I have bought in my life for personal use.

4.0 out of 5 stars great perfomance - dreadful speakers and dodgy webcam, 21 Sep 2012
This review is from: Toshiba Satellite C855-10Z 15.6 inch Laptop - Silver (Intel Core i5-2450M 2.5/3.1GHz, 4GB RAM, 500GB HDD, Windows 7 Home Premium, USB 3.0) (Personal Computers)
I am very pleased with everything about this laptop except the speakers. I guess that in order to get the price down below 400 they had to sacrifice something. Even with the SRS premium sound enabled the sound quality is very poor. If you are thinking of buying this model and using it to play music or listen to the radio - beware!
Three months on - webcam has stopped working and despite best efforts of Toshiba support I cant get it to work again. If it was inside the 30 day window I would be sending it back!

4.0 out of 5 stars TIDY LITTLE NUMBER, 22 Aug 2012
i will keep this short as i like the product and 3 things spring to mind 1 great value 2 good quality and 3 as my review title suggests a very compact yet not hindering performance or quality little number anyway just buy 1

1.0 out of 5 stars Rubbish, 1 Aug 2012
Within 3 days of arrival this laptop blue-screened.I reset it with system restore and carried on. Next day the same thing, this time reset using the hard drive.This entailed reloading all software that I needed.1hr later........BLUE-SCREEN!!!
Amazon were brilliant,couldn't do enough, replacement sent that day with courier upgrade.
New laptop blue-screened with 3 hrs use.
Awaiting pick up of both laptops,then wait for refund,then buy anything that doesn't have toshiba on it.
Would not have given it any stars if I could have.

2.0 out of 5 stars touch pad still in a stupid location, 23 Jun 2012
The touch pad is still located to the left of the machine, so if you centre yourself to the screen and the webcam, your right arm is stretched across yourself to reach the touch pad. May sound minor, but if you don't want to have to carry a mouse around with you, this practical point makes the laptop uncomfortable to use...and leads to a sore wrist.

Otherwise, a fast machine.
Fairly good value for money.
Pre-installed McAfee is a nuisance.

On balance though, I do wish I'd bought a different brand. If its build quality is anything like my last Toshiba I won't have to wait too long to replace it. I think I've now learnt my lesson!

1.0 out of 5 stars a disappointment, 22 July 2012
speakers were rubbish, graphics were incredibly rubbish. for over 400 i expected better! the product is a proper budget laptop. its plastic