5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent usability, great price
Bought as a home laptop, quality is superb, screen excellent.

Fast speeds- iPlayer, youtube, lovefilm streaming all work in HD and are completely jolt and pause-free.

Keypad is very easy to use and comfortable- number pad at the side very useful.

PC connection to our 37" sony led tv displays in excellent quality and films are ..nearly..as...
Published on 4 July 2012 by Si_man306

2.0 out of 5 stars Flimsy Keyboard
This laptop was at an Amazon weekly deal price and good value for the spec.

However ... I found on arrival that the keyboard was extremely flimsy and it flexed and bent, especially on the left hand 'A/S/D' side. It felt like there was nothing behind the keyboard to support the keys when pressed.

Unfortunately I had to return this laptop as I was not...
Published on 25 July 2012 by Gillian

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent value, 16 Sept. 2012
This review is from: Toshiba Satellite C855-10Z 15.6 inch Laptop - Silver (Intel Core i5-2450M 2.5/3.1GHz, 4GB RAM, 500GB HDD, Windows 7 Home Premium, USB 3.0) (Personal Computers)
As another reviewer has done, I also added 4Gb of extra RAM to take it up to 8Gb, It was really easy and required no adjustments to use the extra memory. I am also using the laptop with external monitor and keyboard/mouse but agree that the keyboard is flimsy.
Very fast machine with 8Gb and the i5 chip, no issues so far to report.
Including RAM (£21)Mine cost £431 and i can't find anything else similarly specc'd for less than £500

5.0 out of 5 stars Toshiba C855-10Z laptop, 17 Aug. 2012
Geordie Lad (Newcastle, UK.) - See all my reviews
Laptop arrived within specified time. I'm getting used to it and am impressed with the speed. Very good on wireless around the house. Very good value for the money when you consider the spec. 2Nd gereration i5 processor, 4 Gig RAM with 500 GB HDD and Windows 7

3.0 out of 5 stars Great value for general use, not for intensive typing/editing, 21 Aug. 2012
Great specs for the price - Core i5, 500gb for £400 - but as others have noted the flimsy keyboard with awkward layout make it less compelling than it could have been.

The function and arrow keys are tiny and to use the barely labelled F keys is necessary to keep the Fn button pressed. This is a productivity killer if you use Excel frequently.

The screen is highly reflective and benefits from purchasing an anti-glare shield, which are around £10-£15.

For general internet, movie watching and gaming, this is a great value laptop that I would highly recommend. If you will be doing intensive typing or spreadsheet work, I suggest looking at other models for your sanity.

5.0 out of 5 stars very good value for money, 2 Oct. 2012
My son got this for college and has used it now for about a month. So far he has had no problems with it at all. It seems to be very good value for money and does everything he would require. It feels very solid and well made - we have noticed the slightly springy keyboard, but don't see that as a problem. The speakers are fine for use when sitting in front of the laptop but my son is going to get some additional speakers as you can't realistically expect a big sound from such a small, flat package.
All round I think that this machine is very good value and worth buying if you want to keep your outlay below £400, but make your money work for you. I researched laptops for a couple of weeks before deciding that this one would do the trick (the rest of the family like to use them but don't like the legwork, or finger-work, of finding the best value product) as it has a very good balance of speed, memory, power, the necessary sockets and ports and toshiba have a very good name for reliability.
The only downside I feel might be the graphics, but as my son won't be doing lots of gaming which needs ramped up graphics packages this isn't a problem. This machine is great for watching films on. Also if it gets lost or stolen or someone drops a pot noodle onto the keyboard it isn't so expensive that it would be disastrous - if that makes sense.

5.0 out of 5 stars All it promised to deliver., 8 Aug. 2012
Easy to set up. Much faster than my previous laptop. Looks good and does everything I hoped it would do.

5.0 out of 5 stars Toshiba, 5 Feb. 2013
I brought this for my sons 21st birthday I spent a long time surfing the net looking for the best spec at the best price and this was the best my son loves it the super high spec makes it one of the best around for the money

3.0 out of 5 stars Toshiba Satellite C855-10Z, 11 Oct. 2012
I've had this laptop for about a month now, I got it to replace a Toshiba Equium p200. Just going by feel compared to the Equium, the Equium feels like a Roll's Royce compared to this really cheap plasticky feeling laptop, even so it is quite a good mid range laptop, I wish I had taken the time to research more laptops, as I really miss the 17.3" display, and I don't like the keyboard, but on the plus side it is very light compared to old Equium and connects well with other wireless devices i.e.printer/copier/scanner and bluetooth. I must be honest and admit I don't see a vast increase in speed with it's i5 processor, I must get another 4Gb of memory as that is the maximum it will take.
I have just been reading the blurb above which mentions it has Facial recognition, so far as I can see I have not found this function yet. The webcam works, as does the microphone.
I don't like the locked up trial of Windows Office, it can't be removed or opened, and believe it or not I now get much more buffering happening to YouTube video's etc than I did with the old one, this could be the ISP, or maybe the laptop I don't know right now.
I'm trying hard to find something really positive about this laptop and Windows 7 in general (which keeps creating new user accounts with less privileges even though I am the only one using the machine. One good thing the screen does make most of my photo's and video's look much brighter.
I will add more reviews when I have used it for more programs like making videos/films once I get the software installed, maybe it needs more to do before I see the difference to the Equium.
The battery lasts a good 4.5 - 5 hours depending on what it's doing.

3.0 out of 5 stars It's OK., 7 Oct. 2012
Good : High speed and Light weight. Bad : Cheap sound and Screen contrast. If you want to enjoy sound / photo or images, I don't recommend. But good price for normal use.

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely Brilliant, 30 Sept. 2012
Firstly it is a very very fast laptop :D and it can run almost ever game i have tried on it, e.g Borderlands, Oblivion, just cause etc it can even run the latest games on medium quality. Overall very impressed with this product

4.0 out of 5 stars A Good Buy, 30 Aug. 2012
I have only had the laptop about three weeks and although I have not used it for anything too taxing, it has done everything it says on the tin. However, despite having an i5 processor it doesn't seem any faster than my old Dell Vostro, but the construction, battery life, and the on-board sound system are all significantly better than the Vostro, plus it looks good.
I don't agree with the reviews that said the keyboard is flimsy (particularly at the left hand end.

My only quibble to date is that it was very poorly packed by Amazon and the courier company employed by Amazon left it on the doorstep in pouring rain in full view of passers by. So I consider Amazon very fortunate that they did not have to replace it before I even switched it on!!!