4.0 out of 5 stars Looks great
PROS

- Looks fantastic in our lounge. Very stylish and modern
- Thermostat allows you to set a temperature between 18 and 30 degrees to be maintained
- Fan cools itself for 15 seconds before switching off to maintain thermostat effectiveness
- Oscillate feature helps heat larger rooms and spread heat evenly
- Has a 5 degree frost protection...
Published 24 months ago by Ms. C. Austin

1.0 out of 5 stars Lovely looking, warm...but everyone else must be deaf
Ok. I have just received this. Now granted it is a customer return (no wonder) and I may have a faulty one but I suspect I dont.

Published 16 months ago by rockmonkey

1.0 out of 5 stars Lovely looking, warm...but everyone else must be deaf, 2 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Bionaire 2500w Digital Ceramic Tower Heater (Kitchen & Home)

First up putting it together is easy enough once you snap the two parts of the base and line it up with the holes on the heater you simply screw it in place. It is as someone else described pretty flimsy but it stands up well. I thus dont have a problem with the construction.

The heater once plugged in and running is extremely warm. It got so hot in such a short period of time that I had to move my hand away which was being held at about a distance of about 15 cms.

It looks pretty cool. In fact it looks really cool.

I got a used - good model from the warehouse and I was slightly worried about the damage. I needn't of been. There is a long mark at the bottom section where the label is but it is so feint you cant see it in normal conditions.

So all good so far but...

my god it is noisy. I mean really noisy. It is about as noisy as the delonghi i bought last year, the expensive fan heater jobby with timer. It seems that these companies havent yet mastered the technology that will allow a heater to quickly heat a room and maintain said heat without the machine being a seriously noisy pest.

It is a damn shame because I really would love to not have to go through the hassle of returning it but there is simply no way I am going to keep this in my living room. It would be fine in an office environment or other such place where noise isnt such a problem but not in a private living space.

Thus it is going back tomorrow and all I can say is I am surprised that other people can bear to put up with the loud background hum and whir.

It may be that what I want isnt yet available but I am going to try the new 90 quid Delonghi because I am willing to spend up to that amount to get what I am looking for. Like I say maybe it doesnt exist (or maybe it does but you have to spend holiday like money to purchase a dyson!) and I will try this one last time before I simply accept that no company has quite figured out how to keep a ceramic/ fan heater quiet.

If that be the case and the new Delonghi also lets me down then I will give up and opt for an oil filled heater once again which are more or less silent in operation.

So basically buyers beware... if loud humming, whirring noises bother you (and I am normally quite accepting of this sort of stuff) look elsewhere.

The star rating is based on the fact it is essentially unusable for the task it is designed to do (at least as far as I am concerned and heat my living room) because for looks and the rest it would get a five star. However I am more a function over fashion sort of bod and thus I cant give it more than the one star it so rightfully deserves. Harsh maybe but it should at least give prospective buyers a good idea as to what to expect if they do buy.

4.0 out of 5 stars Looks great, 3 Feb. 2013
PROS

- Looks fantastic in our lounge. Very stylish and modern
- Oscillate feature helps heat larger rooms and spread heat evenly
- Has a 5 degree frost protection setting
- Good safety features make it safe around pets and children
- Useful remote and neat remote storage on back of fan

CONS

- Thermostat not as efficient as that on the De'Longhi DCH4590ER Osciallating Ceramic Heater, 1.8kW.
- Controls not as simple as they could be

IN CONCLUSION

A very stylish and effective fan heater for larger rooms. Unless you want a tower fan or need to heat larger rooms, I would go for the De'Longhi which has simpler controls and a much more reliable thermostat. However, I am very happy with this heater and love how it looks.

5.0 out of 5 stars Heating large attic, 1 Mar. 2014
I had read a few reviews on this heater before i bought it.
I chose this one due to it's output and the fact that 2 halogen heaters at full power (3 bars) was needed to heat the attic space (currently used as a computer room/Office).

The attic is around 10m x 12 m x 3m so quite a large space.
It hasn;t had a problem heating from stone cold to the room being usable after 10 minutes or so at full power.
The thermostat runs around 1-2 degrees below what you want so that does need adjusting for as testing it with a seperate digital themometer showed it was rounding up the temps.

Noise wise it is a bit noisy but not overly so unless you are right next to it and even then you get used to it. but at the end of the day it does blow hot air so you would expect some noise and for it's size and output it is more than acceptable.

I had no problems with the seller and as with alot of market place sellers it was delivered before the due date.

Overall I think this is a great heater. It is cheaper to run than it's equivelnt in halogen heaters and it will last you alot longer with prolonged use than halogen heaters. the noisy and temerature are small issues that are easily over come by setting the heat a little higher ad you get used to the noise very quickly.

5.0 out of 5 stars What a cracker, 12 Nov. 2014
Mr. Peter A. Wade "bema9" (Jersey Channel Islands) - See all my reviews
Extremely efficient , warms up the room in minutes, fan can be noisy but unless I am going deaf seems to be quieting down.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great heater but only after a replacement item, 2 Jan. 2015
Great Heater but had to request for a replacement, as the first one that was send to me was already open and looks like a badly package return item. The base was also broken with parts of the base jammed inside the fan motor itself.
For this reason i had to take away one star. Otherwise its a 5 star heater that works well for a small room about 3m by 3m.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very effective, 10 Mar. 2014
I use this heater to heat a massage therapy treatment room in my garden. Of course when my clients first see that the room is outdoors they are concerned that it will be cold. Now everyone comments on how wonderfully warm it is when they come in and I have only switched on 15mins before their arrival. Even better it retains it heat so well, by setting it a 23 degrees it will just give a short blast of hot air every so often to maintain this temperature and this doesn't disturb the treatment. Great value for money and one of the best investments I've ever made.

4.0 out of 5 stars good quality product, 5 Jan. 2014
this was bought for a large office space as during the winter months the temperature drops dramatically and the usual heaters aren't enough. this gives out a lot of heat but you need to be fairly close to feel the effects. it doesn't really have much impact on large open offices but the heater itself is good quality.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 10 Jan. 2015
I am pleased with my purchase, item arrived as described, prompt service.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent, 10 Dec. 2014
excellent product heat distribution great warms room really quick

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 29 Oct. 2014
good tower heater, small compact size. use to heat or just fan.

Bionaire 2500w Digital Ceramic Tower Heater