4.0 out of 5 stars Great so far...
I bought a Lloytron E807 0.8l Rice Cooker a year ago and it gave up after 30 or so uses, so I wanted to find something similar on Amazon that was a bit tougher as I don't want to keep on shelling out for simple rice cookers.

I bought the red/burgundy Croc - Pot and have now used it five times, so here is some initial feedback which I hope will help others...
Published 21 months ago by Atticus Finch

3.0 out of 5 stars Cooks perfect Rice but has a few flaws.
Published 13 months ago by R.G.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great so far..., 11 Dec 2012
This review is from: Crock-Pot Rice Cooker, 0.6 Litre - Red (Kitchen & Home)

* The measuring cup is 5 fluid ounces and all the help in the manual is based on the measurements of this cup.
* One cup of uncooked jasmine rice makes two cups of cooked rice
* Each cup of jasmine rice needs two cups of water added to it
* Each cup of brown rice needs three cups of water added to it
* The maximum capacity is 3 cups of uncooked rice (6 cups of cooked jasmine rice)
* After 15 minutes, you need to stir the rice. The average of my 5 completed cooking times has been 22 minutes
* This rice cooker makes far less noise than the previous one and does not splutter or put pressure on the lid whilst cooking
* When the rice is cooked, the pot automatically switches from "cook" to "warm".
* The "inner pot" which holds the rice does not appear to be non stick but the rice does not stick to it
* I would say the rice could be called "sticky". The last time, I put a bit less water in the pot and the rice was a little less sticky
* For softer rice, put the water and rice together in a pot to soak for 15-20 minutes before cooking
* Left over rice can be reheated in the pot by adding a quarter of a cup of water per cup of cooked rice
* I steamed mixed vegetables and broccoli on their own. Add about a third of a cup of water and it takes 35 minutes to steam 300g of veg.
* The Croc - Pot came with a 2 year guarantee which I liked and it takes up about the same amount of space on my counter as the kettle
* The rice is delicious but don't forget to wash your rice thoroughly before it goes into the Croc - Pot or the starch will make you ill !!!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars rice cooker, 25 Jan 2013
This review is from: Crock-Pot Rice Cooker, 0.6 Litre - Red (Kitchen & Home)
Excellent little kitchen item would recommend it as you can get on with other things around the kitchen does not take up too much space either

3.0 out of 5 stars Cooks perfect Rice but has a few flaws., 20 Aug 2013
This review is from: Crock-Pot Rice Cooker, 0.6 Litre - Red (Kitchen & Home)
This is a good little cooker for the money and it always makes delicious and perfectly cooked rice. However, the steam hole in the lid isn't sufficient to let enough steam escape so the water boils over and leaks out. I simply put the rice cooker on a large plate to catch any over spill. The non stick coating also wore off the inside after 6 months. I contacted customer who were excellent and sent me new bowl to replace it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Rice Pot, 18 May 2013
This review is from: Crock-Pot Rice Cooker, 0.6 Litre - Red (Kitchen & Home)
I found this item to be excellent and simple to use. The rice cooks absolutely perfect and there really no more i can say but Thankyou crock-pot:

5.0 out of 5 stars Rice cooker, 2 Jan 2013
This review is from: Crock-Pot Rice Cooker, 0.6 Litre - Red (Kitchen & Home)
A very handy gadget. Cooks rice to perfection, with very little input from the cook. Loved the colour and the size of it. Enough rice for two.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Rice Cooker, 29 Nov 2012
Ida Henman (Spain) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Crock-Pot Rice Cooker, 0.6 Litre - Red (Kitchen & Home)
This is an excellent product.It is so simple to use,and produces perfect rice.It took me a few trial runs just to get the correct ratio of water to rice.The photograph doesn't do the product justice,it's much more of a Burgundy red,not shiny at all.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Rice Cooker, 28 Nov 2012
This review is from: Crock-Pot Rice Cooker, 0.6 Litre - Red (Kitchen & Home)
great product, eating rice every day now! It is very easy to use and great results perfect rice every time.

1.0 out of 5 stars YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR, 12 Jun 2013
This review is from: Crock-Pot Rice Cooker, 0.6 Litre - Red (Kitchen & Home)
I have at home high-end Zororushi fuzzy-logic rice cookers (yes, we use them so much we have two). As I was moving to the UK for a brief period, I decided to order a temporary cheap ricecooker. It came and it was not worth the low price. You have to watch it to make sure it doesn't boil over (ours did the first time, spreading mixed grain rice froth all over), it sticks to the bottom of the pot and quickly dries out the rice. Maybe it works for steaming (we didn't try that). I left it for a friend to donate for a jumble sale.

4.0 out of 5 stars Love this little pot, 17 Mar 2014
This review is from: Crock-Pot Rice Cooker, 0.6 Litre - Red (Kitchen & Home)
I used to be able to cook rice on my old gas cooker without a problem, but for some reason I've never got it right on my new electric cooker. So thought I'd invest in a rice cooker. To be honest, I thought all rice cookers would be industrial size or at least too big for one or two people, so was delighted to find this little cooker on amazon.

The unit looks very well made and so far has cooked perfect rice. It's great not having to watch the rice as it will stay warm after cooking so you are free to get on with cooking the rest of the meal. I tend to use just a little bit more water to avoid sticky rice, and you might find washing your rice first stops it sticking, but this might depend on the brand you buy.

I'm sure you won't be disappointed with this cooker. And it was delivered next day too!

4.0 out of 5 stars works fine, 8 Mar 2014
This review is from: Crock-Pot Rice Cooker, 0.6 Litre - Red (Kitchen & Home)
very useful bit of kit looks nice, works fine. had it for about 3 months and had no problems with it .

Crock-Pot Rice Cooker, 0.6 Litre - Red