5.0 out of 5 stars Fab book
Bought this for my daughter but I love reading it too. Its very interesting finding out where superstitions come from and the history behind them.
Published 16 months ago by JoJo

its ok but a bit obscure and not what I was expecting. I wanted the meaning of all the old phrases and am disappointed.
Published 3 months ago by elaine k

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab book, 10 Feb. 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable read, 16 Feb. 2013
A. Kennedy (Uk) - See all my reviews
This book is really enjoyable for some light hearted reading. I will definitely have a look for other books this author has written.

3.0 out of 5 stars I wanted the meaning of all the old phrases and am disappointed., 29 Mar. 2015

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent gift., 24 Sept. 2014
Bought for this for a friends 65th birthday and he was pleased with it. He couldn't put it down.

5.0 out of 5 stars thoroughly interesting and informative - and funny too!, 20 Nov. 2008
I loved this book, and enjoyed it as I enjoyed all of Mr Oliver's offerings. I received his series as a gift and have pored over the entries with interest - Harry's books are the sort you dip in and out of and never fail to learn something new from. fantastic!

5.0 out of 5 stars First class seller, 16 Jun. 2012
Black Cats and April Fools by Harry Oliver.
This book was purchased for my sister so I do not have any information about the contents,However as my sister has most of this authors books, it would seem to me that this is another great read in the same vane.
I must give "The Jolly Bookseller" a mention here,This was ordered from Amazon on late Thursday afternoon,was dispatched Friday,and received by me on Saturday morning at 11.am,superbly packaged in a thick cardboard "envelope" and the book inside was also wrapped with tissue paper,the book was a brand new hardback copy at an incredible price I cannot recommend this seller more highly, a credit to Amazon,this is what on line shopping should be like, well done "THE JOLLY BOOKSELLER" I will be back for more

5.0 out of 5 stars Good little book, 4 Dec. 2009
I have bought this book as a 'fun' little gift - Interesting & fun - very nicely bound, if slightly dull appearance inside!

5.0 out of 5 stars Black cats and April fools, 6 Aug. 2011
Product arrived before the stated time in excellent condition and the product was very good and exactly what I wanted.