Price:£274.95+ Free shipping

on 19 July 2015
The Daily Mail's claim perhaps is a little extravagant - I suspect the tabloid is not familiar with the products of David Oreck - but this vacuum cleaner truly is excellent.

I was impressed by the AirRAM to such a degree that after having had the machine for a couple of weeks, I ordered the sibling hand-held model too. That also has proved a useful tool Others have attested to the efficacy of the AirRAM and I endorse these views However, what I should like to do is recount my experience with G-Tech's after-sales service. The Multi battery would not accept a charge following its first use; my husband diagnosed a defective battery. A phone call to the manufacturer had a replacement battery in the post and this arrived by courier the following morning. On this occasion, my husband's diagnosis was incorrect (but sometimes he's right!), so another call to G-Tech with a brief explanantion of the problem produced a replacement cleaner which arrived the following day. No charge was made and there was never any reluctance to accept my description of the condition of the equipment, nor was there any hesitancy in putting things right.

Both items are functioning most satisfactorily and are complementary (although this does make for an expensive absence of tools available for the upright). The LED lights in the Multi, whilst looking like gimmicks, actually prove very useful; I can understand why the makers do not include a button lock on the switch but it would prove a useful feature. I cannot praise the quality of product nor the back-up had from G-Tech sufficiently highly.
33 comments54 of 55 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 8 June 2012
I have never written a review about a product as I am normally underwhelmed by most things I buy! I bought this after long deliberation and my finger hovering over the buy button many times! My main concern being the price, for a glorified carpet sweeper! However, after reading the many positive reviews, thinking, if this is half as good as people say it is, then I will be satisfied. I can say, hand on heart, that this one of the best purchases I have ever made. The cleaning power of this is phenomenal. The fact that it is cordless makes it unbelievably easy to go from room to room. Being a total clean freak I have tried everything, Hoover's, Dyson's, a Henry, 2 Roomba's (and a whole host of other makes of vacuum cleaners) and whilst most have done a good job, nothing compares to this. It is equally as good on hard floors as it is carpets, picking up everything visible and more besides (but don't let anyone see you empty it as you will be mortified at them knowing how much muck you have in your house)! I cannot rave enough about this gadget. I am truly in awe of this machine and would like to high "5" the inventor for exceeding my expectations. If you are thinking about buying this but not sure if it is "all that" let me assure you "it's all that and more".
1313 comments1,040 of 1,074 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
TOP 100 REVIEWERon 7 October 2013
I have had this cleaner for over a month now (purchased at Argos), and on the whole I am very pleased with it. As so many other reviewers have said, its amazing how much it can pick up. I am really impressed how well it can clean the edges of a room - if you run it along a skirting board it actually picks everything up and I do not miss having attachments, at least here. Similarly, I have found that it is possible to clean the stairs too - run the cleaner along each stair, and it cleans right into the edges. I now find myself quickly whizzing round the house with the AirRAM , and keeping things cleaner than before, as I don't have the hassel of pulling cords around the place, navigating a hose, and the usual game of hunt the attachment. It seems to cope really well with dog hair, removing far more than the old cyclone hoover.

There are however a few issues, even though these are outweighed by the benefits:

The battery does not last the claimed 40 minutes. 25 to 30 minutes is the maximum we have achieved.
The 4 LED battery indicator is very unreliable. It stays on 4 bars for most of the charge, and then drops very quickly, and dies in the last 3 or 4 minutes. It often seems to jump from 2 bars to flat battery.
The waste container is small, especially if you have a dog. Typically I find myself emptying it at least once or even twice per room.
The lack of attachments means that I cannot get rid of my old cylinder hoover, as I need that to get into narrow gaps, and to do the cobwebs off the ground.
It really labours on any carpet thicker than a carpet tile, and although they come out really clean, this eats into the battery life.
The dog absolutely hates the noise, when he was completely oblivious to the old cyclone type hoover.

But despite these niggles, I would still recommend this cleaner.

Update: 2 months after purchase
I last used this vacuum cleaner about 5 days ago, and left it with still 4 LEDs glowing, indicating a near full charge. I went to use it again this morning, only to find it completely dead. I have tried plugging it in to charge it up, thinking that the battery may not have been as well charged as I thought, but sadly no! There is no sign of life and it wont even charge. This is a huge disappointment, as I really liked using this cleaner. In fact we like it enough to get it replaced and hope that the last one was a one off faulty unit. I have accordingly dropped my rating to 3 stars - I still like it, but now have big concerns on reliability.

2nd Update: The manufacturer responded very quickly to us and have sent out a new battery and charger. The cleaner is once again working perfectly. I have now increased my rating to 4 stars to reflect the excellent service.
1212 comments353 of 373 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
Being in our 60s my wife and I have got a little tired of heaving around our ancient cylinder vacuum cleaner so we thought we'd give the AirRAM a go. So far it has exceeded all our expectations and its cleaning power is simply amazing.

There is one 'hidden feature' that is not mentioned in the user manual. You can alter the power setting, and hence the battery life and noise level, between Low, Medium and High. As supplied it is set to High and there is no control on the vac to alter this. Apply for the free USB connection lead from GTECH, download their free software and when you connect the AirRAM to your PC, the software allows you to change this setting. We are currently running ours on Medium with no discernible loss of pick up efficiency.

Dave.
11 comment176 of 187 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 15 October 2012
I love cleaning! I already have 2 of the best vacuum cleaners on the market, the Miele Cat and Dog and the Sebo X4 so I was intrigued by the Gtech and its excellent reviews. The main reason I decided to purchase one was the fact that I now have a serious back condition and the Gtech is lightweight and highly manoeuvrable. So....how does it perform...... Well, the set up was quick easy and straightforward, it charges quickly, although the charging cable is a little too short in my opinion.

Once charged and turned on it sounds a bit like a Flymo lawn mower, but boy can it pick up!! I have a large house with 4 reception rooms and 4 double bedrooms and it hoovered up the lot in double quick time! The fact that its cordless is just fantastic, it's very liberating not to keep unplugging and replugging as you move from room to room. The whole house was completed with plenty of battery life left for another time. The unit is very light and very manoeuvrable, which makes the whole process much less of a chore. The downsides........ Well I do have some gripes..........where are the tools???? I really missed the tools to do my skirting boards, nooks and crannies. Also the dust compartment is tiny, mine was full after the first use, but maybe this shows what my other two bagged models weren't picking up!! However for optimal use I'd recommend emptying every time you charge.

All in all I am delighted with my purchase, it's just a shame that the lack of tools and small dust compartment let it down, hence 4 stars instead of 5. I won't be getting rid of my Sebo, but I definitely won't use it very often. I'm loving being cordless :-)
0Comment156 of 167 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 8 February 2013
Has to be one of the best purchases I have ever made. It does what it says, from wooden floors to tiles to carpets and rugs, It is great on the stairs which was the main reason for my purchase in the first place, I own a Kirby which is a fab hoover but too much hastle on the stairs, I can honestly say I haven't plugged the kirby in since receiving my Gtech. The suction is fab even picks up dog hairs without a problem. and the battery life is much longer than i would have expected. I have a big house and can hoover the whole house for 2 days before i need to charge it up. I take the battery out and charge it overnight so its allways full. The fact it is cordless is brilliant and it is so light and easy to use. I have already recommended this vacuum to friends, its a god send.
33 comments156 of 168 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 2 May 2012
This machine is worth every penny. Wooden floors, rugs, kitchen tiles, lino, - all are no problem. It has an amazing amount of power, and not having to trail a cord around is bliss. It charges really quickly and is very easy to empty. I've used gtech sweepers for years, Both at home and in the caravan, - this one is the icing on the cake!
0Comment210 of 227 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 28 January 2013
Was quite excited when cleaner arrived, charged it up for the required time and yes as they say in the manual I was amazed how efficient the cleaner is. However, have had to send it back for repair because of a rattle in the motor area. Sounds like a big stone being thrown around tho I have not vacuumed up a stone. When I phoned Gtech they did not seem surprised at the problem and the cleaner was collected the next day. That was 2 weeks ago, think I now have to phone them to see where my cleaner is.
66 comments241 of 261 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 9 August 2012
I have to clean an office block which as three floors and nearly 35 rooms plus all the corridors and stairs that go with this sort of building. I have found the G-Tech amazing no cord,light to carry around, excellent suction and good battery length. This product is a pleasure to use, just try one and you will realise how good it is.
on 16 March 2013
Major pro's:
1) Very lightweight - the handle also detaches so great for getting in the car
2) Excellent vacuum performance- amazing how much dirt it picks up. I've run a 'normal' vacuum followed by the AirRam and it picks up so many unseen bits.
3) Cable-less - Get out of the cupboard and go! Only saves a few seconds granted but its amazing how this can swing your decision to hoover
4) Movability - it pivots at the base for easy turning. It also goes down near horizontal to clean under low items
5) Maintenance - You can access all the important bits easily like the filters and brush bar, easily but them back together
6) Looks - it's very stylish but there is substance too

Con's
1) Not good with long hair - my missus sheds lots and the hair get's caught up in brush bar (same as any other vacuum I suppose). This has to be cut out regularly (although plus point is that the brush bars can be removed fairly easily).
2) No attachments for reaching hard to reach places - I ended buying a handheld cleaner to reach these which surely defeats the object?
3) Noise - Prob no noisier than other vacuum cleaners but I thought it would be slightly quieter.
4) Price- I got mine as an ex-demo so v reasonable price. But would I pay £200 for one...? 50/50

Minor cons - Needs regular emptying. Yes it should be a plus point that it picks up enough dirt for it to be emptied regularly, but because it's so good it needs to hold more especially for those who hoover alot. I've also had some minor glitches with the battery (shows two bars when it is actually v low on battery). Also because it runs so close to the floor, I've had the AirRam catch a number of occasions with uneven tiles - just a niggle really.

Overall I'm very happy. Regular emptying and charge times comes with the territory.

For the Gtech 2 (or whatever the next model may be), personally it needs to sort out three problems:
1) Quieter motor
2) Additional tools in order to reach corners and crevices
3) Longer battery life and/or shorter charge up time- it's currently the best in the market but there's room for improvement!

Edit: - After two years of ownership it stills runs perfectly and the points above are still valid
11 comment84 of 92 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse