5.0 out of 5 stars Nexus 4 and Endomondo OK
After ordering a heart rate monitor which didn't work with my Nexus 4 and Endomondo, this one does. Easy to set up too.
Published 12 months ago by Teardust

3.0 out of 5 stars won't work with runkeeper
Bought this to use with my nexus 5 and runkeeper.
It is not compatible. :-(
Polar support was kind enough to tell me this was definitely impossible when I emailed them. Tried to work this through their app.
Published 4 months ago by h2n

5.0 out of 5 stars Nexus 4 and Endomondo OK, 20 July 2013
Teardust (Elgin, Moray, Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Polar Bluetooth WearLink 92043574 Chest Strap M to XXL (Sports)

4.0 out of 5 stars Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini (GT-I9195, Android 4.2.2), 14 Jan 2014
Some issues in connection, hopefully these notes will help other people.

1. I couldn't see the device in a BT scan. This is because the device only turns on when you actually wear it.
2. Despite having paired the device and apps allowing me to select it, I was not seeing any data in HRM applications.

Applications I tried -
Cardio Training
Heart Rate Monitor for Polar
Heart Rate Variability (simple application for testing)
iCardio (Test function only without HRM sensor upgrade)
Noom CardioTrainer

Eventually I managed to get a HR to display in the iCardio test page by ensuring the strap and pads were wet under the tap, I also wet my skin where the sensor contact will be. It seems that just moistening the pads with a little water is not enough.

3. Once I got a stable signal, I then tried switching to another app (Cardio Training). This failed to see the device until I unpaired it and paired it again.

So now it's working. Using the Cardio Training app during a 40 minute interval workout with the phone 2 metres from me. During this test it dropped signal twice; Once when I went to get water from another room (expected) and again when I went into child's pose to cool down a little. It is stated that the BT signal is not strong enough to get through your body, so again, the latter is also expected.

Update after 10 days use: Working excellently. I do not need to unpair/pair the device from my phone before use each day with the Cardio Training app. Assuming device is already paired, all I do is - Wet strap, wet skin, put on strap, attach sensor, run app on phone - heart rate displayed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great heart monitor, 9 Jun 2014
I have been looking for a reasonable priced non-BLE heart monitor (to be compatible with my Nexus 7 2012 edition) and I am glad I've picked this one. All working perfectly fine, it has a replaceable lithium battery that it is said to work for 150h... I still have lots to go :)

4.0 out of 5 stars Moto G and iCardio ok, 24 May 2014
N. Wright (UK) - See all my reviews
Just a quick note to say it paired ok with my Moto G, although it seemed to be hanging - I disabled and re-enabled BT and it was there ok. iCardio gave me a reading after I moistened the back of the belt, so 4 stars to start with and I'll get back later once I've used it a few times in anger.

3.0 out of 5 stars won't work with runkeeper, 19 Mar 2014
h2n (Paris, France) - See all my reviews
Bought this to use with my nexus 5 and runkeeper.
It is not compatible. :-(

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great, 22 April 2014
I have a Samsung Note 2 and the iCardio Apps and the transmitter works great. I don'y know if the 'branded' ones (Nike and Adidas) work with non-branded apps.

2.0 out of 5 stars faulty, 16 Dec 2013
linked up well to my sansung. no problems. however the battery only lasted 2 hours, and the divice was almost hot to the touch. back it goes. sorry

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic polar product, 12 Dec 2013
Not much to say about this, other than a great bit of kit. Very easy to set up. Worked perfect with S4, galaxy tab2 and ipad. Cant fault it so far and highly reccomend. Quick delivery, cant go wrong

5.0 out of 5 stars Works as expected, 8 Dec 2013
Works perfectly with my Samsung Galaxy Note, have some trouble with on or other app, but fits perfectly to many apps.