5.0 out of 5 stars It brings me back to my teens....
It's a classic 80's record with many hits. I love "I surrender" and the S/A/W song, though my favorite is The best is yet to come. Lovely the bonus disc, with lots of mixes and extended versions. Long awaited cd.
Published 22 months ago by fer

1.0 out of 5 stars So mad with Cherry Pop!
When it comes to new products record companies should be more careful. I think that Cherry Pop should provide all customers with proper booklets and back covers that show the REAL tracks contained in this edition. I'm really waiting for this to happen. 1 star for the way they treated this "deluxe" edition.
Published on 31 Aug. 2012 by Ant P. Karatzikos

5.0 out of 5 stars It brings me back to my teens...., 4 Jun. 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars The Fox gets foxier with deluxe edition, 7 Aug. 2012
This review is from: Samantha Fox Deluxe Edition (Audio CD)
Back in 1987, Samantha Fox's second album was a constant presence in my cassette player. Never would I imagine that it would become one of my favourite pop albums from the '80s. And yet, here we are, 25 years later, and Sam Fox's sophomore album has received the deluxe treatment from Cherry Pop, in addition to her debut album, as well as "I Wanna Have Some Fun" and "Just One Night". I bought the cassette version in 1987; the 2009 reissue by Wounded Bird, and now Cherry Pop's 2-disc opus. Say what you will about Samantha Fox, but during the '80s, she made a trio of excellent pop albums, including this one.

This album established Fox's successful working relationship with Full Force, on "Naughty Girls (Need Love Too)". Twenty-five years later, it still sounds fresh today, especially in this day and age when so many pop stars collaborate with hip-hop stars (ie. Katy Perry and Kanye West, Madonna and Nicki Minaj, et cetera). There's also Sam's collaboration with Stock-Aitken-Waterman, "Nothing's Gonna Stop Me Now", which has the trademark SAW sound but is tailor made for Fox. Covering the Rolling Stones' "(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction" could have been disastrous but Fox pulls it off - her take is surprising slice of pop-rock mixed with funk. "That Sensation" and "Dream City" are strong album tracks. An interesting tidbit I learned from the extensive liner notes was that Fox wanted a song in the style of Laura Branigan's 1984 hit "Self Control" which resulted in Fox's own "I Surrender (To the Spirit of the Night)". In addition to the album, there are a number of B-sides and extended mixes, so you can put those 12-inch singles away. There is even an early version of "Hot for You" (from the "I Wanna Have Some Fun" album) called "Hot Tonight" which is less rock and more pop than the rock version released on Fox's next album.

The deluxe reissues of Samantha Fox's first four albums have been anxiously awaited by fans like myself, and Cherry Pop doesn't disappoint. The sound is excellent, the liner notes are extensive and informative, and the bonus tracks and remixes are also welcome, especially after many years of hearing vinyl rips or paying high prices for CD singles and Japanese imports.

Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Daring Samantha Fox, 23 Aug. 2012
This review is from: Samantha Fox Deluxe Edition (Audio CD)
"Samantha Fox Deluxe Edition" contains catchy hits that are reminiscent of 80's party music. I first became acquainted with her music around 2001 when I heard "I Wanna Have Some Fun" on an 80's compilation. Around five-six years ago one of her songs was featured on a VH1 television show and I saw her in a video featured with Swedish musician Gunther. My husband played to me a World of Warcraft video that featured Gunther's music. I decided to get her cd from Amazon UK when I had purchased another cd and her collection came under the "customers also purchase" section. This two cd collection turned out to be a good purchase. The first cd includes seventeen tracks, with seven of those being bonus songs. "Dream City","The Best Is Yet To Come", and "The Right Stuff" are some of the quirky music tunes on this cd. Disc two includes thirteen songs that are variations of remixes. "Samantha Fox Deluxe Edition" is best for those who like 80's party music.

4.0 out of 5 stars Sam's best album! Great re-issue but with minor problems with the pressing, 2 Aug. 2012
This review is from: Samantha Fox Deluxe Edition (Audio CD)
In my humble opinion, Sam's sophomore self-titled album is her best effort thus far. Great mixes, extended versions as well as track-by-track liner notes by Sam herself. My only grouse is the songs in CD2 are not in the order as per the tracklisting. Otherwise I would've give this 5-star.

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 14 Jan. 2015
Awesome

5.0 out of 5 stars A comprehensive collection with an abundance of mixes, 24 Aug. 2012
Mr. D "Mr. D" - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is for: Samantha Fox ~ Deluxe Edition
These deluxe editions of the Samantha Fox albums are jam-packed with not only the original album tracks, but also 7" mixes, 12" mixes and remixes. We even get the instrumentals, so no stone is unturned here. This is a great comprehensive archive of all the mixes from this period and I was particularly pleased to get the 12" version of "I Promise You (Get Ready)". "Hot Tonight" the previously unreleased original version of "Hot For You" is particularly good also. The variety on this album is excellent where Stock Aitken Waterman's "Nothing's Gonna Stop Me Now" rubs shoulders with the Laura Branigan-esque "I Surrender (To the Spirit Of the Night)" via Full Force's funky "Naughty Girls (Need Love Too)". If you're new to this album and these mixes then you are in for a real treat, because we are really spoilt with the abundance of mixes here. In fact, most fans won't have all of this because a lot of it is previously unreleased. Unfortunately on Disc 2 the tracks are in a different order to what is listed on the inlay, but that is not a huge issue. There are also some mixes I don't like here, but for the sake of completeness I am pleased they are all included, however for me personally I am not keen on any of the versions of Rolling Stones "(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction" - You can't beat the original. Though much as I don't like it, I am sure there are many people who do. Over all, this is another superb Cherry Pop release and a good one-stop chance to obtain all the mixes from this period in one convenient package.

By the way, I have also reviewed the other 3 Samantha Fox reissues: Touch Me ~ Deluxe Edition, I Wanna Have Some Fun ~ Deluxe Edition, Just One Night ~ Deluxe Edition

4.0 out of 5 stars sam fox, 10 Jun. 2003
j w harnett (dagenham, essex United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Samantha Fox (Audio CD)
i bought this on tape when i was a teenager alough sam fox is not reconised as a singer two tracks on the album hit you i surrender and nothings gonna stop me now if you love 80,s pop you will love it for these two songs an unexpected little gem

1.0 out of 5 stars So mad with Cherry Pop!, 31 Aug. 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars Just to add, 15 Jun. 2006
J. Bedford (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Samantha Fox (Audio CD)
Further to the above, there is also 'Naughty Girls (Need love too)' (Big hit in the USA), True Devotion (beautiful) and listen to 'That Sensation (the hit that never was). The whole album is very listenable and fantastic. There's a cover of the Rolling Stones 'Satisfaction' too.

Samantha Fox  Deluxe Edition
Samantha Fox Deluxe Edition by Samantha Fox (Audio CD - 2012)