5.0 out of 5 stars Science set
Published 20 months ago by Amazon Customer

2.0 out of 5 stars Not Impressed
Not impressed with this science set, only contains plastic items. If I had given my grandson this for Christmas he wouldn't have been able to play with it as there are no ingredients with it. I had to buy cake colouring, bicarbonate of soda etc., for him to make a start. Well overpriced.
Published 16 months ago by YVONNE HICKMAN

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Science set, 6 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Learning Resources Primary Science Set (Toy)
I purchased this product for my Granddaughter's birthday and she absolutely loves it. The instructions are simple and easy to follow and I am going to order another set for my Grandson later in the year. We all had great fun carrying out some of the experiments. I thought once the experiments had been conducted it would become boring but we are now doing them all again with our own variations and it is brilliant for making the little one think and a great way to involve the whole family. I have one small query though. On the box and in the list of contents there is a purple coloured stopper for the large beaker which was not in our box. I wonder if you would send me one please. This would make it perfect and I have no problem recommending this science set to anyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Half book, half toy, all fun - great value, 16 Feb. 2015
Amazon Customer "Bartleby2009" (London, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Learning Resources Primary Science Set (Toy)
I bought this for my just-turned four year old daughter from a high street store and she absolutely loves it. She was already interested in 'science' as a concept, mainly from the Usborne 'See Inside' books, and so was instantly interested when the sales assistant showed her the contents of this box. Kindling her interest first, and following it up with the kit, may have worked better for me than simply presenting her with it as one-amongst-other 'toys' at Christmas etc.

What sold the set to me wasn't the equipment, which in itself seems to be of good pre-schooler proof quality (the lab goggles seem to be 'real' ones!), but the colourful, robust and well thought-out large format experiment cards. Basically, this set is educational tool camouflaged as a toy - at least as much thought has gone into the cards as has gone into the plastic equipment and it works because of it.

There isn't anything in here you couldn't do at home without this set, but by using the lab gear, like any prop, really helped my daughter to 'get into character' and focused her on developing her 'hypotheses' ('an idea you can test' - thank you Dinosaur Train!) and then talking about her findings.

Like a lot of these 'educational' toys, you get as much out as you put in - they aren't a 'give and forget' present. The toy in itself is just a few bits of plastic and to really get your monies worth you need find your own inner scientist and use it as a prop as you rediscover science with your pre-schooler.

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy two year old young Einstein!, 10 Oct. 2014
This review is from: Learning Resources Primary Science Set (Toy)
I bought this to do some science activities with my two year old. It's fantastic, the equipment is easy to handle and to clean, and is very stable on tables etc, I love that you even get your own little test tube and boiling tube racks! I'm a science teacher at secondary school and my little boy loves investigating things so this is perfect

2.0 out of 5 stars Not Impressed, 13 Dec. 2013
= Durability:3.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:2.0 out of 5 stars

5.0 out of 5 stars Educational and fun, 9 July 2014
This review is from: Learning Resources Primary Science Set (Toy)
I brought this for my niece when she was 3 and a half and she loves doing science experiments with anyone who will help her. Easy instructions using ingredients you have aroundbthe kitchen or can get hold of easily. The equipment is just the right size for small hands to use themselves.

4.0 out of 5 stars fantastic, 1 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Learning Resources Primary Science Set (Toy)
my 3 year old daughter loves it, want to do an experiment every day.
One star reduction as the magnafying glass is fairly easily scratched - maybe a roduster material choice would improve the product, then it would be perfect!

5.0 out of 5 stars A good learning tool, 14 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Learning Resources Primary Science Set (Toy)
I purchased this for my 6 year old grandson who is interested in Sceince . As an experienced school science technician I was pleased with the standard of equipment, it was sturdy and of a size easy for children to use. The experiments were clear and on the whole very good. The volcano experiment which all children want to do was a disappointment using the instructions but When I changed it it was a great success . The instructions diluted the bicarb and the vinegar which meant that there was hardly any fizz,I put the neat vinegar onto dry bicarb and it had the desired effect, I would warn users that they do this at their own risk but it really is not dangerous. The other experiment with the raisins and fizzy water worked better if one used a

4.0 out of 5 stars A great present, 21 Nov. 2014
S. Vogler (London United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Learning Resources Primary Science Set (Toy)
Brought this for my 4 year old great nephew. Here's a comment from his mum. 'He pretended he was on sort of show & was asking children up to come & do this & that, it was lovely. A great present.'

5.0 out of 5 stars primary science set, 19 May 2014
This review is from: Learning Resources Primary Science Set (Toy)
excellent product, everything included is robust and easy to handle, the experiments are good fun too. Younger kids will need help and their attention is likely to wander but such is the age. All round a very satisfying product.

5.0 out of 5 stars She has done some of the experiments today and described it as amazing - really enjoyed it, 1 Feb. 2015
This review is from: Learning Resources Primary Science Set (Toy)
Bought this for our daughter's 5th birthday. It doesn't come with the ingredients to do the experiments such as bicarb of soda, food colouring but that was clear on the packaging and I didn't expect it to. She has done some of the experiments today and described it as amazing - really enjoyed it. All the instruments are easy to use and robust. I am really pleased with it and would recommend it to others as something to get children interested in science.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›