4.0 out of 5 stars "Quite" small, VERY bright
DESIGN
======
Published on 20 Aug. 2012 by Chris

Due to the very poor design of this torch with the twist type On/Off switch, my torch was lost within a week of adding it to my car keys!

Published 2 months ago by Mr. S Johnson

4.0 out of 5 stars "Quite" small, VERY bright, 20 Aug. 2012
Chris (Dorset, UK) - See all my reviews
DESIGN
======
The torch looks much like the rest of the LED Lenser line. Nice and rugged, yet quite simple really. It's a bit more chunky than other small keyring torches however. Depending on how big your keyring is though you probably won't notice. Operation of the torch is by twisting the end. No button operation I'm afraid. This is probably quite useful though, as I imagine buttons could accidentally be switched on when in a pocket.

BRIGHTNESS
==========
As can be expected, this torch is bright! Like most LED torches the bright white light diffuses quite quickly, and is easily overpowered in daylight, but at night time it's rather impressive. It's also bright enough to be quite painful to look straight at!

CONCLUSION
==========
I'm pretty happy with my K2. It does the job and I know I can rely on it. It's not the cheapest of keyring torches, but I doubt there are many better prices torches out there that perform so well!

4.0 out of 5 stars Quality keyring torch, 3 Jan. 2013
This review is from: LED Lenser LED8252 (DIY & Tools)
I got a few of these to put in crackers as extra pressies. Size-wise this torch is about the size of my little finger (it uses four 'watch batteries' rather than AAAs etc.). Well made and small enough to fit into most pockets with keys, but could be slightly fiddly for the elderly or people with gloves to operate.

Its bright enough for most people to use in pitch darkness for walking... certainly brighter that the (moderately bright) one on my smartphone, but the 20m range claimed is pushing it!

Even with an LED (low power consumption), the small batteries will limit usage of this to an 'occasional'/emergency torch, and even then you may want to consider getting some extra batteries from Amazon as they tend to be expensive in Hight-street shops.

5.0 out of 5 stars good all round VHM, 4 Feb. 2014
This review is from: LED Lenser LED8252 (DIY & Tools)
Ideal key ring torch tough bright small and light.
I've had one for sometime stands up to being dropped and knocked about also stands up to getting wet but I've never drowned one.Bright for a key torch clearly lights up in the dark an area of a circle with a diameter of about 3to4metres with a brighter bit in middle.adequate for walking jogging and as an emergency cycling headlamp.It's small enough 2"by 1/2" and light enough an ounce or 28gms/8 x1p pieces to be comfortably held in your mouth making a versatile head torch, you can hold it between your fingers as you'd hold a cigarette useful on a cycle. I have a quick release dog lead type key ring so I can release it really quickly and easily. The batteries are LR44 decent quality ones are not too expensive online you can buy the cheaper multi packs of about 20 batteries from discount stores but only 4 will fit.Battery life is pretty good but I always keep spares it does start to dim for a while when batteries are dying when changing the batteries take the back off, empty old batteries and lower the torch over a three stack of prearranged button side up lr44's it's easier than putting them in one at a time because they turn over and can be fiddly.Tiny bit of vaseline on the two threads is good makes easier on/off .Don't stretch the spring because I broke my first one doing it managed to fix but it was never really right I also broke the tiny eyelet on the back cover by holding my bunch of keys in my hand and using my teeth to turn it on,hold the torch in one hand and turn the lens cap with the other is the best way but that can be awkward with your hands full.The switching is the only feature where it doesn't score a 10 I had a very similar leatherman torch,not as bright,more expensive but featured a neat on/off switch, but I lost that.I like my gadgets but it really is a very useful Value For Money item and I'll always own one.I hope this will be useful and I really hope that that everyone who reads this and wants one can afford it.The reason that I've reviewed.this is that there's nothing on TV, it's blowing a gale(almost) so me,my dog my,my T2 and my really exceptional T7 can't go out for a walk and I'm bored.Good luck! X

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Bright, 21 Oct. 2012
Mr. Stuart Allan (East Ayrshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: LED Lenser LED8252 (DIY & Tools)
I am very pleased with this torch, as it is very bright for its small size. It is very neat and compact, ideal for my wife's handbag.

1.0 out of 5 stars BEWARE.....Poor Design with twist On/Off switch as torch can unscrew itself in pocket and be lost!, 18 Feb. 2015
This review is from: LED Lenser LED8252 (DIY & Tools)

The threads holding the torch body to the end keyring are what needs to be screwed tight closed for the torch to come on and this is where the problem lies... I found if I unscrewed it just a little to turn the torch off it would screw back up in my pocket and turn the torch back on itself.... and if I unscrewed it a little more to make sure it didn't turn itself on then it worked loose and fell off....really poor design here!

The first time it fell off I was in the car so saw it on the floor of the drivers seat but alas the second time I was in town so I have no idea where it fell off and have now just the end piece of the torch attached to my car keys.... Grrrr

Im not happy as although this is a really cheap torch at less that a tenner it's not the point!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Phenomenal Bright Light, 24 Dec. 2013
Outstanding quality.
Extremely bright however design quality a bit odd.
Unscrew battery cover to turn on/off
Overall though, the light power is incredible for something do small

2.0 out of 5 stars My keyring sheared off, 12 Jun. 2014
This review is from: LED Lenser LED8252 (DIY & Tools)
The end cap of these is plastic and the amount surrounding the keyring attachment is tiny. Had mine dangling off belt and after a couple of months the keyring sheared through the mount. Granted I'm a somewhat active cyclist, and it's a prone position I hang torches in close to my belt. But seeing as the rest of the torch is built well and sold as rugged, I'd say that this is a serious design flaw.

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality keyring torch, 26 Feb. 2015
This review is from: LED Lenser LED8252 (DIY & Tools)
Good, well made, solid product. At first I thought I would prefer one with a button on-off switch, but on reflection think the 'twist the end' approach is likely to be more durable - I've had press button torches that have lasted only a few weeks. Similarly, I've has several smaller keyring torches that haven't lasted the course. This appears to be well made and I suspect I'll be using for a long time. Recommended.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for pocket light, 4 May 2014
This review is from: LED Lenser LED8252 (DIY & Tools)
This is a great flashlight to have in your pocket, the switch could be button instead of a "screw". Overall, great product.

1.0 out of 5 stars Stupid design, 12 Jan. 2015
Mrs. K. J. Massam "dogger14" (united kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: LED Lenser LED8252 (DIY & Tools)
Good size and bright light but the on/off control whereby you have to turn the end cap which also connects to the keyring means that this only lasted about two weeks because the cap can work loose even in trouser pocket and the torch was lost. Who designed this??

LED Lenser LED8252