5.0 out of 5 stars great read !
I read the book cover to cover in two days and what an inspirational read it was ! Thoroughly enjoyed the insight into this lovely ladies life and could relate to her story in parts.I especially enjoyed the nostalgic trip down memory lane when the author shared her happy and at times emotional memories of one of the worlds best loved television familys,The Waltons !
Published on 7 Mar 2012 by elizabeth

3.0 out of 5 stars Bit disappointed
As a huge fan of the waltons I was hoping I would learn a lot more about this show so I was a bit disappointed when a lot of the book is about lupus and breast implants so I don't feel that I've learnt anything much about the show and Mary's experiences.
Published 15 months ago by susie

5.0 out of 5 stars great read !, 7 Mar 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars Waltons news, 18 Feb 2012
Ms. B. Broadhurst (UK) - See all my reviews
A book which gives an interesting insight into what went on behind the scenes in the making of the Waltons. The cast is clearly as diverse and fascinating as it appears on screen. A worthwhile read for all Walton lovers.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Good Read, 10 May 2011
This Book is well worth getting as I can not stop reading it. I watched Mary McDonough act as Erin in the Waltons and it is nice to get behind the scenes and her review from acting in it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb read!, 29 Jan 2013
I'm a huge fan of the Waltons and I absolutely LOVED this book. I don't understand how someone gave it one star - it's beyond me and very strange in my honest opinion! I actually read a friend's copy but also purchased my own to keep and read again! I read it in two days - just loved it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Book., 19 Jun 2011
Not normally one for autobiographies. However, this was an exception. Interested also as I have had an implant for reconstruction, and Mary is extremely informative on the subject. Also loved the behind the scene stories. Religious upbringing was an eye opener too. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars wonderful read., 16 Jan 2014
This review is from: Lessons from the Mountain (Kindle Edition)
What a fantastic read. I watched Mary growing up in the Walton's but never knew of her struggles with health caused by leaking breast implants. What an amazing journey she has had, very sad at times but with a happy ending.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good read, 29 April 2013
This is a good book, I learnt more about the cast of the Walton's and I would recommend it, good read.

5.0 out of 5 stars A delightful read, 23 Jan 2013
Mrs. S. A. Potts (Dorset, England) - See all my reviews
This book is a facinating insight to the world of the TV series The Waltons of which I was a fan for many years
A honest account of the struggles of Chid Star growing up in the limelight

5.0 out of 5 stars Lessons from the mountain, 16 Dec 2012
I enjoyed the book very much,but i think if you buy it then you really need to have been an avid watcher of The Waltons

5.0 out of 5 stars A welcome addition, 13 Jun 2012
I am a HUGE fan of the Waltons TV show, so when I saw Erin's cheeky face on the cover, it was an absolute must. Boy I was not wrong. This is an honest, straight to the point account of a woman and her life. Not only as part of one of the world's biggest family shows, but her struggle afterwards and her fight to achieve the life that she now encompasses and loves now.

Well done Mary. It really is a fabulous read. Your experiences are one of a kind, and as your cover says, there are lessons to be learnt. Especially when you go back to basics and learn from the past, perhaps when life was simpler.

Lessons from the Mountain