4.0 out of 5 stars Mind changing!
Published 21 months ago by BruceCoaching

3.0 out of 5 stars not as good as I thought it would be
after reading many of DG's books I was a bit disappointed with this one, maybe my expectations where too high compared to his other books
Published 13 months ago by Paula K

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Mind changing!, 22 Aug. 2013
This book brings you a fantastic and well researched concept that with the power of google behind it really could change the world. That being said, although a light read, I actually found it a little heavy going to complete. As a complete newcomer to the techniques presented, I found the early focus on meditative practices hard work and wondered why I was reading a book on meditation, and only really kept going because of a personal desire to understand more about google's EI training programme. Also jumping from written meditation practice to actual meditation is a big step. I would have benefitted from links within the kindle version to audio tracks of the meditations presented, which would have assisted me greatly. I also struggled to find these online, even on the SIY website. Having said all that, it has opened my mind to what can be achieved by calming the mind and bringing a new, clearer focus to my motivation and direction in life. I have found myself connecting with people more often, and in a more relaxed, open and meaningful way as a result.

5.0 out of 5 stars I would have wanted to give it six stars, 5 Jan. 2014
Lorenzo Spagna (Guastalla (RE), Italy) - See all my reviews
I think Chade has managed to coalesce into a single and "easy" book the teachings and best practices of many important teachers and authors who have been working out the subject of mindfulness over the last four decades (Kabat Zinn, Allan Wallace, just to mention a couple) . Chade's merit is to have come up with a very practical and effective work explaining all the steps taking a person with no previous knowledge and experience of this subject to a full awareness of what mindfulness means and the benefits deriving from meditation, concentrating the explanations on the applicable effects to daily life. I would have wanted to give it six stars!

5.0 out of 5 stars Food for the best of thoughts, 28 Jan. 2013
Combining business wisdom and mindfulness techniques from around the world, this book inspires you to be a better person and pursue a deliberate course of happiness. Not bad, eh? :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Mindfulness for EQ, 7 Dec. 2013
A very clear, evidence based guide to mindfulness-based emotional intelligence.
It takes the mystery out of mindfulness.
Each time I read the book I discover something new.

4.0 out of 5 stars Emotional Intelligence, 26 Mar. 2013
Geoff Greenwood (Cheshire, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
A nice easy read linking emotional intelligence with mindfulness and how great knowledge organisations like Google are leading the way in mind development and how it can impact on the business bottom line.

5.0 out of 5 stars learn to live happily, 19 Mar. 2013
good for knowledge of your self, others, controlling your emotions and stress levels, its a book for life to put up in your shelf to share with others and read every now and then. its a life book

5.0 out of 5 stars Interesting and helpful in a stressful environment, 28 July 2014
I found the book easy to read with humour and the content has been helpful in times of stress. It reminds me that others think that what they do, they do it in the belief that what they do is right. I found that I naturally have compassion and Once I have mastered meditation, I'm pretty sure I will be better equipped to help others. I have recommended it to friends.

5.0 out of 5 stars self control and happiness whenever you want it, 30 July 2014
Learn to access calm, self control and happiness whenever you want it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 26 May 2014
Meng is very charismatic when you see him talk live, and that personality comes shining through in this very readable and clear book. Easy to read and ready to practice.

5.0 out of 5 stars easy to read guide to incorporating simple meditation and mindfulness ..., 13 Feb. 2015
Clearly written with lots of humour, easy to read guide to incorporating simple meditation and mindfulness techniques into busy lives.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›