1 Review

5.0 out of 5 stars A great find..., 6 Aug. 2012
This review is from: These Old Tales: A Collection of Dark Fiction (Kindle Edition)
I was lucky enough to receive and ARC of this collection. I have to say, I was pleasantly surprised - a very pleasant surprise indeed.

This is a really great collection. Ken's writing's crisp and fresh and extremely polished. There are no instances where I thought 'he doesn't need this'...everything in there is where it should be, prose-wise - it's a really great collection, easy reading, and fun.

I like Ken's work a lot...

I only ever leave five star reviews, but that's because I only review books I like...if I don't like it, I don't review it.

I would say, on a negative note - I think the composition could be better - all the flash, all the shorts, all the poetry as a block - I think as a collection mixing it up would have worked better, for me, anyway. This is a tiny negative, though, in the face of what is an overwhelmingly polished body of work.

And, just as a final note, there's a thoughtful afterword, too, with Ken's stories behind the stories -

Top read, highly recommended.

Craig Saunders, author of Spiggot, The Love of the Dead, and A Stranger's Grave