5.0 out of 5 stars I'm Still Here, and I Know Everything - A
Wow. This is a brilliant - and underrated - show!
I decided to give Pretty Little Liars a chance and watched some episodes online, not knowing anything about it and I am so glad I did! Don't let the fact that it centers around 4 teenage girls put you off, it's in the same classy, intelligent genre as desperate housewives (in its hey day).
The show focuses on...
Published on 22 Aug 2011 by natasha snaps

3.0 out of 5 stars Guilty secret
Yes it is aimed at the teen demographic, particularly the Twilight crowd, and I really shouldn't be watching but this is great fun. Implausable twists and turns, some dodgy acting at times but I'm hooked.Undemanding but some how it draws you in like any good soap should. This is ideal for winding down after a hard day watching Spiral or suchlike.
Published on 12 Jan 2012 by R. Way

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm Still Here, and I Know Everything - A, 22 Aug 2011
This review is from: Pretty Little Liars DVD (DVD)
Wow. This is a brilliant - and underrated - show!
The show focuses on four friends - Aria, Spencer, Hanna and Emily - who start receiving text messages (and other kinds of messages) from a mysterious figure known only as "A". "A" seems to know all of the girls' secrets, including the fact that their best friend - and self-proclaimed leader of their posse - Alison was murdered the year before. Alison of course is not who she seemed to be, and the girls discover more and more about who she really was as they try to uncover her murderer (and "A"'s identity).
This show is brilliantly written (far better than the books it is based on), enjoyable and mature at the same time. All of the main girls have their own demons - Spencer is constantly trying to live up to her parent's expectations; Aria is having an affair with an older man; Hanna suffers from an eating disorder; Emily is struggling with her sexuality - but the characters are much more than just that. The casting overall is brilliant, even the supporting actors (the parents, schoolmates, teachers) do a wonderful job.
It's a real shame the show was only shown on smaller television networks, and didn't generate much of a following here in the UK.
This show is well worth a try. You won't be disappointed!

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best shows ever!, 8 Aug 2013
This review is from: Pretty Little Liars - Season 1 [DVD] (DVD)
I watched this show on MTV a few years ago, and the second season. I loved it and have always been glued to the tv in every episode. You can imagine my disappointment after waiting for season 3 only to find MTV decided not to show it any more! Their loss, and another channels gain, I say! This show is very popular over here even after only being shown on a pay channel. imagine if it were available on a free view channel it would be as big as the vampire diaries if not bigger! But it's not being given the chance. It is on season 4 in America so it's clearly a good show. This show is just one big thrill, just when you think you've guessed A you haven t! this show is very clever, and the casting is great i love all of them. You will love it, I do! Hopefully a uk broadcaster will come to their senses and broadcast it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Dangerous secrets, 17 Aug 2011
Amazon Customer "maria2222" (London) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Pretty Little Liars DVD (DVD)
Four friends band together against an anonymous foe, "A", who threatens to reveal their darkest secrets, whilst unraveling the mystery of the murder of their best friend Alison.

I'm probably too old to fit the intended target group for this series, but that doesn't stop me from thoroughly enjoying it. The acting is good with a couple of exceptions (e.g. Jenna - Robotta would be more suitable) and the characters are believable with the ambitious, mature and smart alpha female Spencer; bratty and insecure ex-overweight girl Hanna (my absolute favourite of the girls as she has the best lines and delivers them with amazing timing); gay sports star Emily and big eyed girl-next-door Aria. I just realised that when I described them, they sounded very clicheed and one dimentional, but as the series progresses, so do the characters and their relationships, and as "A" peels of their surface layers by time after time finding and hitting their weakest spots, their personalities are revealed and we get to see them warts and all.

There are a few semi-scary moments which will appeal to fans of the thriller genre, but it is the friendship and the development of four girls on the cusp of finding out who they really are that is the true star of this series. And of course the quest to finally find out who that horrible and incredibly smart and resourceful "A" is!

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome series but need season 2!, 8 Jan 2013
This review is from: Pretty Little Liars - Season 1 [DVD] (DVD)
The DVDs for series 2 NEEDS to come out here in the UK, there are a lot of UK fans despite the show only being shown on MTV. Amazon take note!

This series is gripping and not just what it looks like on the tin, it can be appreciated by all ages and is a thrilling mystery drama. It's sort of like a Desperate housewives kind of programme, it has the mystery and also the 'soap' aspect. I'd recommend anyone to give this ago, you'll probably end up hooked like me!

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, 22 Nov 2013
This review is from: Pretty Little Liars - Season 1 [DVD] (DVD)
perfect condition, and the series is one I would highly recommend to teenagers looking for something to get hooked on, I watched all of season 1 in 5 days!!

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW I am addicted!!, 22 Aug 2013
This review is from: Pretty Little Liars - Season 1 [DVD] (DVD)
What a series! Just be warned - trying to watch just one episode will not work! This series is highly addictive and very entertaining!

Great actors make up the cast - the frequent twists in the plot line means you can never guess what's going to happen next!!

It revolves around the four main character - the 4 girls. They have there own issue - teenage stuff and they are dealing with their friends dissapearence. They are also being stalked by A....is there friend really dead...and if she is then who the hell is A and how do they know all there secrets....

Seriously recommend!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Alexs Review, 13 Aug 2013
This review is from: Pretty Little Liars - Season 1 [DVD] (DVD)
I love pretty little liars, its really intrguing and has you guessing who A is when I found out it was being released in the uk I went straight out and got it I just really hope they release season 2 and 3 in the uk and region 2 soon.

5.0 out of 5 stars Watch it!, 25 July 2013
This review is from: Pretty Little Liars - Season 1 [DVD] (DVD)
If you've never seen this show I definitely recommend you watch it. My friend told me about it when it first aired and I honestly can't get enough of it. To this day I've probably watched the full first series 3, maybe 4 times, the 2nd series 2/3 times, and completed the 3rd series now too. I'd say the first seasons the best based on what happens through out, and I've now even started reading the book series by Sara Shepherd. I'm only onto the 4th book at the minute so I don't have a complete opinion, however I do think the books are very different to the programme.

Still my far my favourite TV series.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 13 Mar 2014
So good couldnt stop watching pretty little liars is amazing but get the whole season in one because otherwise you loose money xx

5.0 out of 5 stars A-mazing, 23 Sep 2012
G. Rose "Leigh" (Birmingham, ENGLAND) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Pretty Little Liars - Season 1 [DVD] (DVD)
I'm so happy this is FINALLY being released in the UK!
I'm currently watching season 3 online and I can't get enough.
Hopefully they release season 2 & 3 soon also, NEED it in my life!!
A must see for anyone.

Pretty Little Liars - Season 1 [DVD]
Pretty Little Liars - Season 1 [DVD] by Troian Bellisario (DVD - 2012)