5.0 out of 5 stars Tough boots
Published 21 months ago by Logan Lady

3.0 out of 5 stars Sturdy and great-looking but...
Published 21 months ago by Carmody

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Tough boots, 8 Nov 2012
Look exactly like the picture...sturdy zip, seems like hard-wearing leather and thick soles.The brown is a rich colour and again, exactly as shown. One review commented that they are not feminine and more like a work boot. That could be true to a point, but that is exactly what I wanted.. a tough boot for Scottish weather with plenty of room for thick socks. And they look really cool with slim leg jeans/cords and a big duffle coat. I didn't want to go dancing in them!

3.0 out of 5 stars Sturdy and great-looking but..., 19 Nov 2012
Carmody (South West, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Rocket Dog Brands International Ltd Tavern Womens Boots (Apparel)
...unless you have calves like an Olympic cyclist's thighs, these boots look like you are wearing Wellingtons. I don't have skinny calves (I'm a 5ft 6" ex-sprinter), but the calves of these boots came up very large. When I tried them on with skinnies, my legs gave the impression I was a 6 year old trying on her daddy's sawn-off wellies. The look is even worse with a skirt (though great for Glastonbury, I guess). This is a shame, because aside from the cavernous calf fitting, the boot is beautifully designed: a lovely thick, sturdy sole, great-looking upper and a comfortable foot fitting. I hope that Rocket Dog takes comments into account and designs something similar but with a more snug (or adjustable) calf fitting. I'm still a big fan of the brand.

3.0 out of 5 stars Narrow, 7 Feb 2013
Great looking boots but sadly, for me, very tight across the foot so have had to return them. Definitely only for the slim footed.

4.0 out of 5 stars Love them but...., 28 Jan 2013
Sarahj (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
These looked fab, really liked them, but had to send back as way too big around the calf ! Such a shame.

5.0 out of 5 stars chunky boots, 16 Jan 2013
They are really lovely leather boots. i was looking for the pair like this for very long time. they are true to size with wide calf.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not very feminine, 9 Oct 2012
mo (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
These boots are OK but not as nice as other rocket dog boots I have seen. They are wide in the leg and look like workmens boots rather than biker boots, the black rubber heel and sole doesn't do anything for the look either as the boots come in brown leather. They do have a nice tartan inside and are reasonably comfortable but I have returned them as they are not for me!

1.0 out of 5 stars Cheap looking and you have to pay to return!, 11 Feb 2013
The photographer did a great job. The bootmakers did not. Cheap looking boots and you have to pay the postage to return them! better off going to a discount shoe shop on the highstreet if you want something like this...although why you would want to wear something like this .......

3.0 out of 5 stars NOT VERY COMFORTABLE, 9 Sep 2013
I HAVE WORN ROCKET DOGS FOR YEARS NOW FOR WORK AND HAVE ALWAYS FOUND THEM TO BE REALLY COMFORTABLE. THESE BOOTS HOWEVER REALLY RUBBED MY LOWER LEGS SO I HAVE HAD TO GIVE UP ON THEM FOR WORK AND NOW ONLY WEAR THEM WITH WELLY SOCKS FOR WALKING THE DOG.

3.0 out of 5 stars not very good fitting, 7 Aug 2013
I loved the boots but very narrow I just wish they were more wide fitting . But I had to send them back

5.0 out of 5 stars Brill, 27 Feb 2013
Great boots that fit beautifully & are lovely & warm. The boots were super quick as they arrived two days after the order.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›