on 9 September 2013
I was delighted when this bulb arrived for my home office. It gives off very good daylight quality light per all of the reviews. Less than a year after I bought the bulb though it has stopped working. With an estimated life of 10,000 hours, I make that 416 days @ 24hrs per day. In fact I've used mine for about 6 hrs 3-4 times per week, so a max of ~1200 hours in total. Very dissapointed. Trying to find out how to contact the vendor so I can feed back to them and ask about returning/exchanging.
on 18 November 2012
Had this for a little over two weeks. A great little light but only lasted 18 days before blowing. Disappointing.
on 17 January 2014
bought this 1 month ago and realised the 1st few signs of flickering once every 30mins. not very good :(
on 30 January 2015
I was really impressed when I bought some of these last year, the light was gloriously daylight in nature and so bright that it was near impossible to look an illuminated one. Guests who saw them were really impressed and a few of them purchased some for themselves. Now, one year on, they have dimmed by as much as thirty percent. I am very disappointed especially because they were not in the least cheap.
on 2 November 2012
I'd have thought something as simple as a light bulb would last for more than 4 days, but that is all I got out of this one. A pity as the light is bright and a good colour. Very disappointed.
on 7 June 2014
The brighness and crispness of the whiter light is fantastic compared to 'ordinary' lightbulbs - especially the usual energy saving bulbs that we've had to get used to in the UK which seem to take ages to get up to full-whack. My only gripe about this product, and it's an ever-important gripe to all of us, is that they seem ridiculously expensive given the tiny additional manufacturing costs involved. I'm sure the cost will plummet once (or if?) we all start using them. Perfect for home office environments and the like, but no use if you plan on having a cosy/romatic night in by the log fire!
on 1 August 2015
Sorry, I don't like giving bad reviews, I prefer to contact the vendor if I have a problem... but they're aren't any contact details for this vendor. This bulb blew after less than a week of being put in a light fitting. Total usage was less than one hour - it was in a room that was barely used. The last return date was two days ago, so I've just lost my money.
on 5 February 2016
This bulb was in a room where it was on for several hours a day. It was on even when we were out. The light came on nearly instantly. Only after 3 and a half years did it need to warm up. A month or so later it failed. The light is quite stark, so it's good for matching colours, but it's not a warm light. It might be best to use another lamp to warm it up if you want to use the room for leisure. The lamp served well, but not over well and these days I think a lot of people will be thinking about an LED bulb instead. This lamp was a whole lot better than most CFLs I have been using though. All the other CFLs I've had have faded badly. This one only degraded in the last month or so.
VINE VOICEon 25 January 2014
I have a variety of 'mood lights' in the lounge, but sometimes you need a strong central light. This certainly fits the bill! The light is very white and leaves colours washed out IMHO but you get plenty of light for doing chores. As it runs cool, it's OK in a paper shade which a 150W incandescent would have smouldering.

Still not true 'instant on' in my view, so I won't be replacing 100W incandescents where safety is key such as top of stairs.

NB One of the three arrived smashed, but of course Amazon are sending another without quibble and I returned the broken one via a Collect+ corner shop.
on 9 June 2013
Bought this to light a small painting studio in my house. The daylight - 6500K gives much truer colour rendition for my paintings and the 30W (150W equivalent) is bright enough to work comfortably. I also bought another 30W daylight bulb for a lamp in the same room but so far haven't really needed it as the one bulb gives enough light for the way I'm working at the moment. They seem well manufactured and I love the design which is shorter, wider & better proportioned than other brands; they would probably also look & fit better into a shade than longer bulbs although personally I don't use a lampshade in the studio.

I've since replaced the 20W 'warm white' bulbs in my kitchen & living room with other daylight - 6500K bulbs and really like the extra brightness and feeling of energy they give, although others might find the 'bluer, cooler northern daylight colour temp takes some getting used to. They don't really mix well with 'warmer' bulbs e.g. in an adjoining room as you can feel like you are stepping into an orange blancmange or conversely the daylit room will appear colder and more blue than in reality. With both downstairs rooms lit with these bulbs I've soon become accustomed to the clearer more energizing daylight and I still have stand lamps with warmer tone bulbs and dimmer switches if I want a cosier glow in the evening.

Postage and packaging was excellent, arriving swiftly in a roomy but well-packed carboard box with no danger of being damaged in transit. Because of the design and quality I would probably choose this product again over other sellers products.

See one answered question