5.0 out of 5 stars It works!
Published 9 months ago by Dee

Published 5 months ago by Rasselas

5.0 out of 5 stars It works!, 28 Dec 2013
This review is from: Fast Tract Digestion Heartburn: Clinically Proven Diet Solution to Treat and Prevent Acid Reflux and GERD without Drugs (Kindle Edition)
I can't say the problems that I was having with acid reflux were universal, though I can say that having read many, many books on the subject and exhausted PPI options with doctors, this book finally worked. I have a hernia and have tried various natural remedies all without success. This book offered a solution based on the digestion 'values' for the types of wholewheat foods that I was eating. Thoroughly recommended, and cleared up symptoms within a day.

5.0 out of 5 stars Persevere with this diet it does bring improvement, 3 Jun 2014
I made slow initial progress with this heartburn diet and had to re-read the book a few times to make sure I was doing it correctly. It's a completely different way of thinking about food, so it required some commitment. The book is encouraging, as are other people's reviews and Norman Robillard's website. I was determined to stick to it, as have had all the major symptoms of heartburn for months and I did not respond to PPi's.

I wouldn't say I have conquered heartburn yet, I still have some difficulty with my throat and swallowing, but I have significantly improved abdominal pain, and it feels like things are moving in the right direction - and the book has suggestions on other ways to eliminate heartburn so I will now try these too. I've done 3 weeks on the diet (strictly no cheating) and it is beginning to feel like a balanced way of eating. I understand now why the large volumes of vegetables, fruit, wholegrains and legumes that I used to eat are problematic for me.

This diet would be difficult if you were a strict vegetarian. I was mostly vegetarian but would eat some meat. This diet has made me eat more meat, fats and fish. The only down-side I would say is trying to get the info from Kindle App - you can't print it out - so the recipes are difficult to use in the kitchen when you're cooking. In this instance a good old paperback would have been easier!

To summarise I would say persevere with this diet if it doesn't work instantly. A lot of the reviews say it works in a few days but this didn't happen for me. It was very up and down for a number of weeks, but then enough improvement to encourage me to continue!!

5.0 out of 5 stars At last, 19 April 2014
B. Blackburn "Barbara" (Devon England) - See all my reviews
I have been on omoprozele(PPI) for a number of years and since I found out the harmful effects of long term use have been trying to wean myself off them Despite reducing the drug slowly and using other kinds of anti acids I failed miserably and ended up having to increase the dose to get the pain under control again. After following the diet in this book and using herbal antibiotics I got off the drugs very quickly. I am now slowly reintroducing foods slowly and noting the effect. The odd Rennies when I make a mistake and add back too quickly is enough. Unheard of in the past. IF YOU SUFFER FROM GERD(GORD) I CANNOT RECOMMEND THIS BOOK HIGHLY ENOUGH.

2.0 out of 5 stars Info interesting, but fails to load fully, and recipes not suitable for UK market, 3 May 2014
The concept of this book is an interesting idea, and wouldn't surprise me if it is correct in identifying certain foods as fermenting culprits. However, the book is geared for the American market, recipes all in cups with no reference to any kind of weights.( Odd error for a book on sale to the entire world who all use weights as measures.) Also, some foods, eg Russet Brbank potatoes, are not for sale in the UK, and no other suggestions made. Since potatoes are a staple food, this is disappointing. More annoying than that, many of the recipes include dairy. No earthly use to someone with dairy intolerance. My final quibbles are about the e-book-only format. A recipe book with charts that you need quick access to, for checking FP stats, is very tedious to use in the Kindle format. These pages have to be printed out to be at all useful. But, my difficulty in printing this info is that the book won't load properly and I keep having to reinstall it, to no joy, so I can't get past day 5 in the recipes unless there is a haphazard following wind in the ethers, a rare event. Very frustrating.. For £8 a paper edition would be far more useful. It is a lot to pay for a faulty e-book. I would like a refund because of this error. Don't know how to get one. Please advise.

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 6 Oct 2014
Hard to get into but full of good advice for anyone suffering with reflux.