5.0 out of 5 stars Enlightening!, 5 Sep 2013
This book gives really balanced arguments about the issues surrounding food today. It taught me so much I didn't know already. What I like best is that Hattie Ellis isn't preachy or perfect (a la Gwyneth Paltrow) but let's you decide for yourself which side of the fence you fall on and how to tackle these issues given that most of us are short of time, don't have an unlimited budget and mostly a bit lazy, too. Such a good read.

5.0 out of 5 stars A yummy, well-written and meticulously researched book, 1 Sep 2013
Y. Bakunina (London) - See all my reviews
I saw What To Eat at a friend's lounge and flicked through to the contents page. What is the best breakfast? Should I eat like a caveman? What is sustainable fish? The very questions I wonder about - all in one book and more!

What I like is Ellis's very grounded and personal approach to tackling the chewy questions. She does not strive to be perfect, proclaim herself an expert (even though, evidently, she is) or tell us what to do. Instead, she writes about her own discoveries, what works for her and what might be an idea to try.

I loved it - a very generous, informative and easy to read book. Get stuck in :-)