5.0 out of 5 stars Very warm and great buy.
Published 12 months ago by Mags

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as lovely as I'd hoped
It's not made clear on the description and I couldn't find it on the website but this liner is only 35% silk and the rest is synthetic. This is fine for what you need it to do but it generates quite a lot of static electricity and does that worrying 'lightning-flashy' thing in the dark. It also makes my hair go all static.
The argument on the packaging for the...
Published on 1 Sept. 2011 by Spud

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as lovely as I'd hoped, 1 Sept. 2011
The argument on the packaging for the silk/polyester mix is that it makes it stronger, easier to clean and fast drying. I ripped it in the seams on the second night of use but it is very fast drying!
Altogether, I think I'll just buy a 100% silk one for the next camping trip.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very warm and great buy., 10 May 2014
Mags "Linda" (North Shields,Tyne and Wear) - See all my reviews
Bought this to go inside a 2 season sleeping bag for sons Duke of Edinburgh expedition early April where the temperatures at night were about -2 in rural Northumberland. He forgot he had it the first night and was freezing but used it the second night and said it was brilliant could not believe the difference, said it was very cozy and liked the fact it had a hood part to it that he could completely pull around his head. Good buy and about 1/3rd cheaper than 100% silk, would recommend.

1.0 out of 5 stars No silk worms involved, 10 Nov. 2012
This review is from: Micro - Art Silk Sleeping Bag Liner (Misc.)
This may be a good or bad thing depending on your views but I believe we are being misled by the company name: 'Scottish Silkworm' and the trademarked fabric name: 'Micro-Art-Silk'. The packaging now says 100% polymicrofibres.. Which as far as I understand it means ... Synthetic... NO SILK. The material looks & feels very similar to dress linings... Which is very cheap and is made in Vietnam and only distributed from Scotland. I understand that this is the way of the world but I feel let down my the advertising on this one. There are similar Vietnamese liners on auction sites at 1/2 the price.. So .. Your decision!

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely thanks, 2 Jun. 2012
This review is from: Micro - Art Silk Sleeping Bag Liner (Misc.)
I got this for my son for back packing in Europe. It was perfect for sleeping in hostels and quick to wash and dry which was important. My son is six foot and it accommodated him and his pillow no problem. He has since used it while staying at friends house back home and it's still going strong. Hope this helps :)

5.0 out of 5 stars My best travel buy, 18 Jun. 2014
I'm so pleased with my light weight silk liner. Easy washed and dried and for travelling this is a must. Too hot for a blanket and is cool and keeps the Mosquitos away. So compact and light. My room mates all wish they had one. Great price and good quality and better material than silk for washing. My best but this year.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for purpose, 31 May 2012
This review is from: Micro - Art Silk Sleeping Bag Liner (Misc.)
This is exactly as I expected it to be. It is very light ang great for carrying in a rucksack. I am over six foot and I found the size of it was great giving me plenty of room to move. They are very fast drying and easy to wash. I have had a few sleeping bag liners and this is easily the best of the lot. The price is also excelent for the quality. I will be back to buy more for my next trip.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Good Product, 14 Aug. 2012
Bought this for my daughter who was back packing in Borneo. She says it was very good, light weight, comfortable and easy to pack away. The material being silk kept her warm at night but cool in higher temperatures. Excellent product, I see no point paying for the more expensive 100% silk liners when this does the job perfectly. Would highly recommend,it is also large and would fit most adults comfortably.

2.0 out of 5 stars Ripped early on in usage, 21 Oct. 2013
Item arrived the next day and it was comfortable to use. However I went on a two week trip and early on the sleeping bag ripped down the side. It soon was not much use as a sleeping bag and so overall I am very disappointed with this product.

4.0 out of 5 stars Green Micro - Art silk sleeping bag liner., 28 Sept. 2012
While not the cheapest appears durable and washed up well. Used on its own as proved too hot in sleeping bag and was fine, although initially found it a bit tricky getting out, quickly solved with practice.

4.0 out of 5 stars very warm and small., 20 Oct. 2013
This worked exactly as it was meant to. It's warm, packs away so it's very small and doesnt take up much room in my bag. I just found it a little bit constricting but I have a feeling this would be the case with any liner.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›