1,025
Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£4.99

on 13 November 2014
Another fast paced story with plenty of action from Patterson. The 2 main characters are believable and have a romantic background of their own. This leads to a few complications but is dealt with quite sympathetically by the author. The villain is painted as a man with delusions who is out to cause mayhem to the film industry in New York. He has a real grudge against the stars and the industry hierarchy having been turned down for many parts. It all comes together in a cracking finale.
on 24 June 2016
Readers of Patterson's novels will recognize the style and the plotting of this book, centered around two NYPD detectives, Zach and Kylie. The setting of the novel is in the high-fashion circles of Gotham, and I found that aspect quite interesting. Of course, the interplay between the two detectives, that is, the clash of their respective neuroses, provides much grist for the authors' mill. And the dénouement surprised me, especially since I thought I'd figured it all out. For Patterson fans, and others just reading their first.
on 12 September 2015
There's someone knocking off movie people in New York. You could be forgiven for thinking that's a public service. However an elite squad of NYPD detectives have to investigate and catch the culprits, so we can continue to be subjected to Batman or Superman reboots every few years no doubt.

Not much new here. Elite squad, check. A deranged serial murderer that gets bigger and better, check. Love interest in and out of aforementioned elite squad, check. Mayor giving hassle to catch the bad man, check. Police supervisor causing problems, check.

You do get the feeling you've read a hundred fairly similar stories. But if the subject matter pleases you, take heart that it's written by Mr Patterson, so it's more than readable and keeps your interest. To summarise, it's a good book of it's type, so you won't go far wrong.
on 15 June 2016
I breathed a sigh of relief after the first couple of Chapters. Patterson is back to his best with NYPD Red. So much better than some of his recent efforts this book keeps you wanting to go back for more. I'm loving the new partnership of Zach and Kylie - they spark off each other so well.The killer was well written and Patterson really got the reader inside his head. I've already added the other books in the series to my wish list.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 24 February 2016
I bought this book with some hesitation as apart from the ones co-written by Andrew Gross I haven't really been a fan of James Patterson but I need not have had any worries, it turned out to be a well written book which kept me reading it to the end. I don't believe in restating the story line or writing a "spoiler" suffice to say if you enjoy American police books you should really enjoy this series. The only problem I now have is that I will have to buy the other 7 books in this series!!!
on 8 June 2016
I'm a veteran fan of Patterson this is more like his novels there have been a few that i would say that have been below par in some i thought he was losing his touch but this book is more like him.there's plenty of action and is definitely worth reading I certainly didn't want to put it down and read it pretty quick.Red 4is properly the best one of the series looking forward to reading the next one.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 10 July 2015
NYPD Red is every bit the cliché that it is trying to make fun of.

The story of someone staging murders to create hype for a future movie project has been done to death in the literary world, on TV and in movies, and there certainly wasn't enough new about this incarnation to make it worth while either. The authors made fun of a number of tired stereotypes while staying true to those stereotypes themselves (things like the witty one liners, the predictable plot and the one dimensional characters).

However, that being said this is still a fairly enjoyable read that you can consume in a fairly short sitting. It is little more entertaining than the average TV cop procedural episode, but is something decent enough to dull your mind and unwind with an evening of reading.

Overall I didn't expect much from this book and therefore wasn't disappointed. The days of me expecting big things from James Patterson and his co-authors have long since passed and now I just pick one of their books up when I have a spare few hours and don't want to expend too much brain power working my way through a better book.

Will I pick up the next in the series? Based on this book I wouldn't be against the idea of reading the next one but I am certainly not going to go out of my way for it.
on 25 August 2015
I had heard of Patterson before but never read one of his books. Seen this one and thou it looked good. I have to say I really enjoyed it. The characters were excellently portrayed and even the baddies I enjoyed. Does have a romantic story as well as typical cop action so a bit of both but works very well together. Really enjoyed the book and the ending. Have already ordered the 2nd and 3rd in the series and can't wait to read them. Would highly recommend this book for any cop reader or if u fancy detective story with slight romance added.
on 23 June 2015
I only found out about this James Paterson book by accident, having a conversation with a neighbour, so I went straight onto Amazon and bought it. I started reading it the minute it arrived and found it gripping from the first page. The story is about a special squad being set up in the New York Police Department, different to their SWAT teams, a bit like the Special Forces is in the military. I can't say much about the story line itself, as it would spoil it for anyone else reading it but, if you enjoy Pattersons other books, give this one a go, you won't be disappointed.
on 12 April 2016
I want to thank the author and publisher for allowing me to read this next installment in NYPD Red series.

This had me laughing at parts due to the characters style and what happens next. It's Murder, Mayhem and Money twists and turns. With quick snappy chapters as usual, another great book.