5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Little Speaker, highly recommend
Published 22 months ago by Riggers

1.0 out of 5 stars Pottable speaker
It was a gift to my Grandson who was delighted when opening his prsent ,When put into operationit it wotkered very well
Published 6 months ago by Barbara Broom

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Little Speaker, highly recommend, 11 Sep 2012
This review is from: Gear4 Street Party Wireless Bluetooth Portable Speaker with Mic for Hands Free (Electronics)
I'm generally quite fussy when it comes to choosing headphones and speakers, I usually go for the high end. I seen this in a HMV store for 39.99 and thought it was a bargain. I didn't actually test before purchase. I got it home and wow this little speaker packs a punch, very loud. OK it doesn't have a great low frequency response, but what do you expect from a speaker this size? This speaker is great build quality, easy to setup with Bluetooth device and has built in hands free calling for use with a mobile. It has an auxiliary port for devices which don't have Bluetooth. The battery lasts up to 7 hours which is great, the only downside is it comes with a USB cable to charge the speaker. Great if you have a computer nearby otherwise you will have to purchase a USB plug socket or USB power cable.

The main reason for getting this speaker is to take on holiday, I will be able to listen in the hotel room, beach and pool. It will also come in handy next year for listening to music in the garden and also for use around the house.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice for the price!, 22 Mar 2014
Sure,not the best sound you'll ever hear but the it didn't cost 200!! The sound is perfectly acceptable and for the price it's brilliant.
And it can go pretty loud, if you need that!

I use it in my home office for conference calls, in the kitchen via bluetooth from a tablet and our motorhome with a laptop for movies/music.

Durable battery life and convenient mini-usb charging.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for the older set!, 29 Dec 2013
Received this speaker as a gift from my son who wants to keep his parents up to speed with technology.
Works great with my (wife's)android tablet, and both of our smartphones via bluetooth. Can also plug in to my ancient little transistor radio. Simple to operate, simple to charge and the sound quality is adequate for a small room. What more could an old guy wish for. Would have given it 5 stars but to be fair if haven't tried the mic function.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beats on the Beach!!, 16 Jan 2013
Great sound from such a compact speaker,just back from Goa and it was great to have music wherever we chose to take it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Gear4 street party wireless bluetooth portable speaker, 25 Feb 2013
Very good product, sound is fantastic very easy to connect to all bluetooth devices with good clear instructions. My son loves it

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow, well worth the money - sounds great, 24 Nov 2012
For such a small speaker, this little device really pushes out a fantastic sound. I use it with an iPad, iPhone and Samsung Galaxy SII and it's very straightforward to connect each to the speaker using Bluetooth. I've used this to replace a bulky, wired speaker system with a cumbersome docking station and a pair of fairly sizeable speakers and, in all honesty, this sounds much, much better. It's well designed too - it looks cool and is sturdy and well built. It's also good value for money at less than 40.

4.0 out of 5 stars Small and Powerful, 22 Aug 2012
A great litle device. Very small and compact in size but the sound from the speaker is anything but.
Great tone and sound with the ability to connect other non bluetooth gadjets.
Price is perhaps a tad high but that should change in time.

5.0 out of 5 stars great sound, 25 April 2014
I hooked it up to my iphone and the sound for such a small speaker is amazing , i also purchased this with a view to take on holiday so we can listen to music whilst in our room . I am not disappointed , would recommend this speaker without a doubt .

4.0 out of 5 stars Gear 4 bluetooth speaker, 7 Jan 2013
S. J. Cooper - See all my reviews
A good little speaker which works well, good bass and just the occasional drop out from the bluetooth link. A little overpriced for what it is.

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent if you can find it for around 35-40., 18 Jan 2013
I bought this wireless speaker to use with my iPad, iPhone, Ipod and generally as a portable speaker. One thing I dislike about my IPad 3 is the sound from it's single rear facing speaker and hence lack of stereo sound. This speaker is not perfect, but for the 35 I paid, (Half price in Sainsburys Jan 2013), it does a good job when watching videos on said iPad. It's more than adequate for listening to music and the Bluetooth connection works well and through walls in my experience. Though microwaves will prevent it from working when on. I tried it as a hands free speaker for a phone call via IPhone 5 but the sound from my end was too muffled and it seemed impossible to hold a conversation on it. It doesn't seem to work with FaceTime either as the microphone doesn't appear to function. These are my initial findings anyway. The rechargeable battery is a great feature and will last up to 8hrs, (not tested yet). I have a portable speaker but it's a hassle having to change the batteries constantly or having it plugged into the mains. I love the freedom of not having to plug this speaker into the device also. The wire is so short on my other portable speaker it's awkward to use. I can leave my iPhone on charge in the bedroom while listening to music streaming to the speaker in the bathroom.

I have already used this speaker for streaming music from iPod/iPad/iPhone in the kitchen, bathroom, bedroom and it will be perfect for holidays and in the garden, (when the weather improves at least). The same for watching vids on my iPad or girlfriends laptop for that matter.

The price on Amazon has recently gone up from 50 to 60!? Also, the RRP from 70 to 90! Giving the benefit of the doubt this has to be a mistake.....

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›