5.0 out of 5 stars An alternative to hauling round a sleeping bag
This lightweight silk sleeping bag liner is perfect for backpacking. It weighs only 110 grams and is so compact it will fit into your rucksack/suitcase without any problems at all. For anyone who might not like the idea of using the bedding in hostels or even paying for sheets etc each one they visit then this will keep your mind at bay. It can be cool in the summer and...
Published 7 months ago by Deano

3.0 out of 5 stars Not great quality
Published 4 months ago by Hill walker

1.0 out of 5 stars A disappointing product, 19 April 2014
I bought this because of its light weight. It was advertised at 110g. It was actually 73g, which at first I was happy with. Having washed it according to instructions I took it on an alpine ski tour and treated carefully because of its weight. However after only three nights it split and showed signs of splitting elsewhere. Accordingly I returned it to Amazon.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not great quality, 22 Mar 2014
The first time I used this liner I immediately was impressed by the feel of the material. It did feel delicate and I treated it as such but also on first use the top of the liner tore when I was coming out of it. This was me being careful and it did not take much for it to tear. Neither am I large or big. I am quite petite actually. To be fair it only tore a little bit and I have sewn it myself. I had a good look at the sewing and it does not look particularly professional and this is a shame because it does feel great to sleep in if it weren't for the poor workmanship. For this reason I would not recommend this product and although I will keep it because I have attempted to mend it myself I think this won't be the last time I have to sew it myself. P.S. I was away and needed the liner hence me sewing it to prevent the tear spreading.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous!, 5 Mar 2014
When I first opened it I was so surprised at how gorgeous it was. I showed it to a friend and he said 'he has been made by the elves'
I bought this sleeping bag liner primarily for the extra layer of warmth a silk liner provides. I already had a cotton one and it just wasn't doing the job. I am a guider and go on at least 4 camps every year (both indoors and outdoors), so need a good quality product and this one fits the bill. I have only used it for an indoor camp so far but that was in an unheated hut and I certainly wasn't cold. My first outdoor camp which I will use this at is in May so I will come back with an update.

5.0 out of 5 stars After care service exceptional!, 22 Feb 2014
5 star rating given as the service I received from delivery - to the quality of the product - to the after care service was second to none.

I recieved my silk sleeping bag liner 1 day quicker than expected, good start.

From when I opened the packaging you could tell this was going to be a quality item.

This was the first time I had bought a silk liner and was unsure of how to prepare it and how to look after it. I emailed the supplier who immediately responded with the information I needed plus more helpful tips.

I highly recommend the liner and the supplier.

Thank you so much!

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality - expensive compared to others, 2 Feb 2014
I bought this for a trip to South East Asia. After hunting about for a silk liner I opted for this one, as it seemed like good quality from the decreption. After 4 weeks use it turns out the stiching is of poor quality and in 2 places it has come udone to reveal holes. My two travel companions had different makes and both lasted the trip well - they also both came with better storage bags than this one. AVOID - YOU CAN FIND BETTER FOR CHEAPER!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 23 Jan 2014
Arrived earlier than expected. Great to use..wide, comfortable and takes up no room at all in a case or bag.

5.0 out of 5 stars Remarkable service. Remarkable product., 9 Jan 2014
A well made liner (unlike one reviewer suggests). It adds considerably to both the bag's comfort and to its temperature range. Service very good too. Thoroughly recommend product. Shame they dont do them in tartan.

5.0 out of 5 stars It Made a Big Difference!, 8 Jan 2014
Anne Lindsay (Scotland) - See all my reviews
I spent two months in Nepal. I lived in a village house with a village family. Those folk don't have it easy. It felt like extreme camping. A rough bedstead, no mattress or pillow, my room an unheated concrete box, and believe me, Nepal is cold at night in October to January. I was very glad I'd bought this liner to bring with me. Not only did it help keep me warm, the silk felt so luxurious it compensated a little for the harshness of my accommodation and lifestyle. It is lovely soft, natural silk, a silvery white. I used it very roughly -- turning and twisting in my sleeping bag. Out at night in the dark to use the squat toilet and scrambling back in. I was sure the stitching would give out. It didn't. It wasn't washed for two months. I finally got round to washing it yesterday. I used soap flakes. I let it sit in the water for a few hours (the water was grey) then rinsed and repeated then hung it out to dry. It is like new. I love it. It will always travel with me in future.

5.0 out of 5 stars As expected, 17 Nov 2013
The item was as expected and arrived before the projected delivery date. Small enough to go through the letter box, this was no problem

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely!, 23 Jun 2013
It does what it says it does; it's super comfortable; it weighs next to nothing. I just used it on a 3-day train journey, and was EXTREMELY glad to have it.

Hobo Pure Silk Sleeping Bag Liner