5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice camera
This must be one of the only times we have made an impulse buy off the back of a TV advert! In this instance it was the hundreds of blokes called David Bailey advert, very clever. My wife liked the neat sleek look of this compact camera (we got the white one), and she wanted a new camera SHE could use, seeing as I already have a Canon EOS600D DSLR, and she was fed up with...
Published 17 months ago by J. Prior

2.0 out of 5 stars WIFI Connections can be very problematic
Before I brought this camera I read a few reviews talking about the problems in getting to camera to connect to a WIFI network, but as I work in the IT Industry I thought I could overcome these potential issues. After 2 weeks and an email exchange with Samsung support I gave up. What Samsung support talk about is incompatibility with certain WIFI Routers which means their...
Published 7 months ago by Mr. Robert S. Pearson

‹ Previous | 1 2 313 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant little camera!, 27 Jun 2013
Mr. J Hinks - See all my reviews
This review is from: Samsung NX1000 SMART Digital Compact System Camera - Black (20.3MP, 20-50mm Lens Kit) 3.0 inch LCD (Electronics)
Does the job of a DSLR without the bulk. Nice and lightweight, yet delivers amazing quality pictures.

Word of warning though, I would recommend a good quality, class 10 card. I have the Sandisk Extreme Pro 32GB card that cost just over 50. So just bear that in mind if you get one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very smart camera, 23 May 2013
I bought this camera for my daughter for her first communion. She's just delighted - lots of handy functions, full manual mode, changeable lenses - external flash ( hot shoe ) and the white design makes it even better don't mention about the price - overall 9/10

5.0 out of 5 stars happy snappy, 22 May 2013
Product is well made and easy to use producing great results.It has genuinely improved my photography. You can make taking photos as easy or complicated as you want. A great buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars More than you can expect from a non-professional camera, 25 Mar 2013
Easy to use and adjust, makes high quality pictures. Make sure you take the 50-200mm lens for greater portrait photos.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for beginners- excellent picturing, 26 Feb 2013
Very happy with Samsung NX1000. The best you can see the result on the screen before you hit the shutter.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Camera, lovely pictures!, 25 Feb 2013
The camera was delivered ahead of scheduled to my delight! It was quickly charged and very easy to set up! Still the best way to learn is to play with it, try out different settings, but I am just found of this camera! A lot cheaper than the Sony Nex, similar quality to me (I am not a professional), and the WiFi function is just outstanding! Taking pictures with my camera from my mobile phone or sending the picture I just took to my mobile phone to share it with my friends, just excellent!
I would still recommend to buy a lens enabling a better zoom, but overall the functions are easily playable and the pictures on big screen are very neat!
I would strongly recommend this camera to those who just want to have a digital compact system camera for leisure.

4.0 out of 5 stars Samsung purrs like a pedigree cat, 10 Dec 2012
Great camera. Others have mentioned the great technical features and picture quality, which are very very good. It is all adjustable to optimise the image to your taste with all the tricks you could expect.
As a compact system camera it obviously has a choice of lenses. Mine was bought with the 20:50 zoom which is great but makes the camera a bit too bulky for slipping in a pocket. For this reason I bought a 20mm pancake which makes this a great party and street camera which is discreet and very pocketable. Look at the Amazon site carefully and you will find a supplier who buys the pancake in bulk and sells at a reasonable price.
This is a far lighter and more discreet alternative to a DSLR with most of the capability. No image stabilisation with most of the lenses though, but they are available with the feature at a price. Personally have no hand tremors yet and therefore don't have an issue with this. It should seldom be an issue in any case unless you buy something more zoomy than the 20:50. If using very long shutter speeds it is best to use a steady like a tripod.

One little problem, people coming from a compact digi will find, is that in contrast to their old one, the lenses on this type of camera have caps that need to be removed and stores while shooting. They will almost inevitably get lost. The 20mm pancake and the 20:50 have different size caps, so no swapping one cap between them on a shoot.
I paid 350 after cashback and there was also a free Tab2 7.0 Android tablet, which I wanted, thrown in for free. Amazing value for money in comparison with CSC rivals in my opinion.

Would I buy again? Certainly. The only thing extra I would like with this class of camera is a tilting screen at the back, but it is not a deal buster at this level.

This camera complements my others which include a Panasonic TZ6 compact, Nikon P500 bridge superzoom, Sony A57 DSLR [some would say DSLT] and a shared Nikon D5000 DSLR
It is no Sony A57 but, while being different to the others above, it is certainly more than competitive in every way. The main rival at this price IMO is the Panasonic TZ30 advanced compact, and the obvious Nikon1 J2 etc. No two people's need or fancy is the same, so if a bargain quality CSC floats your boat, you will not go wrong or be disappointed with the Samsung NX1000. If you have not used a camera newer than five years of age, you will be truly amazed by it.

5.0 out of 5 stars On a Par with my Sony A57 DSLR, 10 Aug 2013
A. Baugh "Photoman" (Stockton on Tees, UK) - See all my reviews
I bought this NX1000 as a replacement to my Sony A57 DSLR. I had been very impressed with the quality of the A57 but I was getting fed up with having to carry around a big DSLR camera. So as technology has moved on so quickly, there is now the availability to buy Compact System Cameras that claim the same high quality images and features of a DSLR but in the convenient size of a compact camera.
So I bought this NX1000 for 229 which was an absolute bargain - I have had it for a week now and I have to say that I have found it to be superb!! Image quality is fantastic, I view my photos through a 47" panasonic HD TV, and I think the photos taken on this NX1000 are comparible with Sony A57, or at least I cannot see much difference.
The size is nice and compact, but it is packed with features - even more than the A57 had. I have had remarkable results in low light conditions, which are better than the A57 in my opinion.
I have seen several reviews claiming that it is slow and sluggish with long processing times. Well I am using a Sony Class 10 SDHC memory card and with this card the camera is no slower than the A57 in autofocusing or processing and I am taking photos on super fine quality 20mp so I cannot see what the bad reviewers are talking about (maybe they were using a slow memory card). Apparently if you use the amazingly fast 8fps function then this locks the camera out for a few seconds whilst processing - I have not used this feature yet, but lets face it, if you are getting 8fps (which is faster than some mid range DSLR's) it is a small price to pay for such a high fps.
Full HD movie quality is superb too! again matching the A57 here. However it does suffer from the same problem that the A57 did which is autofocus sound contamination. The A57 clicked and whirred when it was continuously autofocusing which was picked up on the movie audio. The NX1000 makes a slight whir as it autofocuses, which is picked up on the audio recording as well. Now you may consider this to be a major issue, but I did a test video of my garden where there was no ambient sound, so I suspect that when filming people or vehicles etc, the sound of the busy surroundings will probably hide this whir. To be honest if you want perfect video buy a camcorder.
So to close this review all I can say is - If you want a great point and shoot camera that is small and compact but still want the quality and features of a big DSLR then this is the camera for you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Samsung NX 1000 digital compact system camera, 27 Jun 2013
Look around for a all singing all dancing easy to use camera that takes great pics and is high in pixels. Used this on holiday pictures great. I like the ability to zoom in on the taken photo which enlarges like a long range zoom lens, using the Fn button saves the picture like I used a zoom. Has the ability to take in raw or automatic colour balance.

Light to hold easy to down load photos to PC? LE the ability to send pics via email once in range of home wi if or a free one when out and about.

Only wish the screen could be brightened when in bright sunlight it's a bit difficult to se the picture your taking, but point a click then use the view facility then the Fn button to manor our to the picture you want to save.

A professional friend likes this camera and will be buying one soon

I gave it 5 stars because as an amateur picture taker it meets all my needs

5.0 out of 5 stars Great lil thing :), 18 May 2013
I love this camera. I have no previous photography experience but wanted to achieve the beautiful shots you see online. I didn't want all my photos to be "snaps" and I wanted to take more time in my photos. This camera is perfect for it. It can take quick snaps brilliantly but is not limited when you want to take photos a bit more special. I learned all about shutterspeed and aperture on youtube and taught me how to take some pretty nice shots. The camera can also be used with your phone to instantly stream your photos to it but it can also allow your phone to be a wireless remote to take photos which is very useful for taking shots of wildlife. I'm extremely happy with this camera and it works brilliantly for the price. LOVE IT!

‹ Previous | 1 2 313 | Next ›