5.0 out of 5 stars Bought for a present
I bought this for my husband for Christmas. He's been playing it quite a lot since and we've hardly spoken so I'm guessing it's really good!
Published 23 months ago by Fezray

3.0 out of 5 stars Black Ops 2
Let me firstly start off by saying that my review is my opinion and really shouldn't reflect on your decision to buy this game, it's just an insight to what I liked and disliked.

Published on 15 Nov. 2012 by RebRebel

3.0 out of 5 stars Black Ops 2, 15 Nov. 2012
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Call of Duty: Black Ops II - Nuketown 2025 Edition (PS3) (Video Game)

So with that said, the story. I thoroughly enjoyed the story campaign. As this relates back to the first BOs I would advise you play that first or certain parts will be lost on you. Jumping in time from flashbacks of the 1980's and early 90's to what is present year 2025, the game has you blowing up more metal than Michael Bay could ever dream of. The 2025 setting is not so far in the future to be unbelievable in it's sci-fi weapon setup, it does it really well. The Story also has important sub plots, where you are forced to make a choice, and what you choose will alter the outcome of the story, meaning multiple playthroughs are a must if you want to see everything. It took a little under 7 hours to finish the campaign on Veteran difficulty, but it was a quick playthrough so you can add a few more hours onto this if you take things a little slower.

Next up Zombies. Well, it's Zombies. Extra game modes have been added this time where 2 teams fight off hordes to be the last team standing. It's just one new mode but shakes things up a bit. Maps have also increased in size which again adds something a little different. If you are a fan of Treyarchs previous Zombie outings, then there is no reason you shouldn't like this.

Lastly, its Multiplayer. Let's face it, this is where the money is. This is what COD is all about. But ultimately it's where it faulters for me. Don't get me wrong, it's still fun fest frantic action as always, and I'll ignor the connection issues, as they'll get ironed soon. But despite the added modes, guns and settings, after a couple of hours gameplay, it all becomes a bad case of Deja Vu. Has COD had it's day? Absolutely not. But with the game still running on the same engine for the past 6 years now, it becomes difficult after a while not to feel this is just one big Map pack. Graphics have not improved since MW2. Yes, it looks good, but it's showing it's age now. No doubt newcomers will live it. Some veterans will too, there is something for everyone here and you certainly get your monies worth. But what I will say to those who have been playing every year since COD4, like myself, you might find the game a little tired now, and if multiplayer is your priority, have a think before you shell out the money.

Again, this is just my opinion. Please don't let it persuade you one way or another, you know what you like. My review is just a guide.

Whatever you do, happy gaming :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Bought for a present, 10 Feb. 2013

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, 3 Dec. 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Online is good. Campaign is good. Although transit zombies is a good idea you will find that the maps individually are small and limited like Nacht der Untoten

5.0 out of 5 stars call of duty, 3 Feb. 2013
this item was brought as present and the person was really pleased with it.it arrived on time and in suitable packing for the size of the item

5.0 out of 5 stars Top Of The Pack, 9 Dec. 2012
By far Call Of Duty is the best online shooter game by far, this one is like the others, it doesn't disappoint.

1.0 out of 5 stars Franchise has lost its steam...DISSAPOINTMENT, 19 Jan. 2013
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
I'm not biased at all when it comes to call of duty whether for or against but I must save after a disappointing MW3 I still had hopes to have fun with this game after all, call of duty was always fun especially with the zombies. But I was very much dissapointed with black ops 2

I'm not going to go on too long but I just feel the franchise is not going anywhere and as much as I'd like to keep faith in call of duty I think I am going to stay away from the series from now on. It's a true shame but even when playing with friends I didn't get much enjoyment from this game.

And if you're in it for zombies, don't bother. That's another huge disappointment. My friends and I still have fun playing Kino Der Toten, but this addition is really not worth getting.

As a whole I can only sum up the entire package as nothing but a disappointment for me. I couldn't recommend this.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but........, 1 Jan. 2013
glynis (Arundel, West Sussex) - See all my reviews
I completed this in a few hours and while it's ok it's not too taxing. Also why are Call of Duty games online not as good as Battlefield 3? shame. As I own all of Call of Duty I'll still buy though.

4.0 out of 5 stars good game....., 20 Dec. 2012
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
but has that seen it done it before feel, the score system as opposed to streak system is a welcome (espically for me i work better in a team) addition.

multiplayer - i have not had any glitches or disconnect problem thus far which is a very good thing game modes are fun and care packages give you decent rewards.

single player is over the top but fun to play.

zombies - is the same its fun (if you have the right team).

if you can get over the inital seen it done phase this game is still a fun little title.

4.0 out of 5 stars Call of duty black ops 2, 14 Dec. 2012
Black ops 2 lives up to most of its expectations, the story mode is greater than ever, zombies lives up to its horror game play and the multilayer still is addictive (as always)
The new map nuke town 2025 is a great prospect to be one of the best maps treyarch have ever made, the map which originates from the first black ops offers a close combat, adrenalin pumping game
A bad point about black ops is its server, in multilayer you may find yourself glitching, none of the less you'll forget about it once you've experience your exquisite match.
Overall its a must have game for fans and new comers.

4.0 out of 5 stars Black ops 2, 14 Dec. 2012
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
Overall the game is brilliant, took abit of getting used to going from mw3 but eventually you get the swing of it.

Having nuketown again is great expecaly on zombies it's such a great map to play it on.

Call of Duty: Black Ops II - Nuketown 2025 Edition (PS3)