on 14 January 2013
Excellent reference for SQL Server. I've been a .Net developer for few years and wanted to be up-to-date with latest SQL Server. This book covers the fundamentals from zero to the point when you can build a well organized database on your own. Lots of SQL features are not covered because author states that their advanced or out of scope.
Indeed, SQL Server has so many features, that it's hard to place everything in one book and place "beginning" in the title.

I recommend this book to those who don't know anything about databases or know little or (just like me) were working with previous releases and want to have a solid reference of what can be done in SQL Server 2012.
on 1 April 2015
Covers most aspects of SQL Server but never gets too advanced. Leaves you with an understanding of most of the concepts surrounding SQL Server 2012. I liked the writing style too.
on 4 September 2015
Useful and helpful
on 13 March 2013
I'm knew to SQL, so thought I'd give this book ago, so far so good, currently on chapter four, book seems nicely layed out for a newbie, enjoying the book very much and learning loads, will update again when I've finished the book.
on 7 December 2014
Book condition was excellent
on 4 May 2013
Good prompt delivery of this product. The product was as expected. I am glad to recommend the service provided by the vendor.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse