5.0 out of 5 stars Toshiba 1TB external hard drive
Amazing product. Very easy to use. I have a Macbook pro and was worried that I would have to reconfigure it to use it. BUT plugged it straight in and started backing up with time machine. I use it once every week to back up files. So far all is working fine. Doesn't get to hot after being left plugged in for a few hours. Good product.
Published 23 months ago by Graphic Design Student Hannah

3.0 out of 5 stars Decent price for 1TB, but poor read/write speed.
Despite the USB3 connectivity, the drive barely exceeds USB2 speeds. The price is good for 1TB but I should have looked deeper for the actual specs.

Keep an eye out
Published 3 months ago by Craig Kidd

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Toshiba 1TB external hard drive, 25 Oct 2012
This review is from: Toshiba PX1804E-1J0K 1TB Stor.E Edition USB 3.0 2.5 Inch External Hard Drive with 1 Year Data Recovery Service - Black (Personal Computers)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 11 May 2014
This is my second Toshiba drive. My first was getting a bit full so decided to go for the 1T drive. It is so easy, just plug in and away you go

3.0 out of 5 stars Decent price for 1TB, but poor read/write speed., 10 Jun 2014

Keep an eye out

5.0 out of 5 stars Great transfer speeds over both usb 2 and 3, cool, quiet but with an extra bright operation led, 30 Aug 2014
I bought this to use as storage with my home entertainment pc. I have 2 ssd's running in the pc and wanted something that would work almost as fast as them. I read good reports about the Toshiba PX1804E-1J0K 1TB Stor.E Edition USB 3.0 2.5 Inch External Harddrive and as Amazon had a special offer on these, it wasn't a hard decision to make.

So what is it like? Well the drive itself is cased in aluminium, great for heat dissipation, with a textured black plastic top and bottom. I'm not sure if they're stuck on over aluminium as well, but the drive runs super cool, even over a couple of hours continuous use. Small and unobtrusive, except for the large white led on the side which lights up steady when connected and flashes when reading/writing. Turn your lights off, close the curtains and blinds and you could read a book with it. I would seriously suggest putting it somewhere where its not going to be a distraction in a darkened room.

This thing is fast! The transfer speeds are nothing short of amazing. I transferred a 1gb .iso file from my Sandisk ssd in 13 seconds while the same image file extracted to files and folders took 22 seconds. On paper this is fast enough to stream 4k video with 7.1 digital surround sound so I'll be looking forward to testing this when I can persuade my fie that we need a 4k tv.

These transfer speeds are pretty special but I appreciate that most of the potential customer base for this drive will be using this on a usb 2.0 connection, at least until they upgrade to usb on their pc/laptop. But again, there are no real problems with this. The same .iso transferred in 28 seconds and files in 36 seconds. I think I could live with speeds like these if I had no access to a usb 3.0 port.

Toshiba offers a free 1 year data recovery service along with its standard warranty for this drive. Here's hoping I never need to use it. Given that a lot of external hard drives tend to fail in their first few months of use, this does offer a little piece of mind should your drive fail and you need your files recovered.

In conclusion, a very fast little drive marred only by the big blinding white light. If Toshiba were to change this to, say, a pinpoint blue or green super bright led (see the HTC One (M8) notification lights) and I would gladly buy at least another one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Hard Drive!!!, 15 May 2014
This is best 1TB Portable Hard drive on the market. Cant believe Toshiba have included the Data Recovery software and still offering such a low price. My last hard Drive broke and to recover the data i was quoted 400 - couldnt believe how expensive it was.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!!!!, 22 Sep 2013
Love it!
Was a bit hesitant about the product as there was not much reviews online but no worries there.
Brilliant product! Easy to use and looks good as well.
Highly recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars External hard drive, 20 Jun 2014
Good value for money. Plug and play, take anywhere. Excellent for a back up storage or to take away when travelling.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good deal, 27 July 2013
SnowDog (Cheshire, UK) - See all my reviews
Using this to back up my NAS, when doing upgrades and stuff on that (just in case...) and so far seems like good kit.
Solid build and comes with a bundled copy of Nero which is a nice bonus!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very pleased., 17 Aug 2014
Great product. I use it to hold media files and is attached to my media player. Large storage capacity, quick enough, quiet and no separate power supply required. Very pleased.

5.0 out of 5 stars Top Kit at great price with speedy delivery, 25 Mar 2013
i bought this specifically to carry my video collection when I am travelling as a companion for my Tosh Satellite.
What can I say - it performs flawlessly and it matches!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›