4.0 out of 5 stars Good guide, but...
The Rough Guide to Android Phones and Tablets is providing me with some good assistance in getting my Android Tablet going, BUT unfortunately too much prior knowledge is assumed. What I really need is a step-by-step guide. So far I have been unable to locate one. If you have a good basic knowledge of Android Tablet, then you'll get lots of useful tips from this Guide, and...
Published on 14 Aug. 2012 by OldFatherWilliam

2.0 out of 5 stars Not clear who it is meant for
I bought the book in order to understand my first Android Smartphone. However the writer assumes you already know something about smartphones. He gives you lots of tips about Androids, useful no doubt if you have a collection of them, but not much on the basics.
Published on 17 July 2013 by Kanglajot

5.0 out of 5 stars I recommend this book unreservedly., 7 Feb. 2013
A very thorough introduction to Android followed by a detailed walk-through of the various facilities available. I bought it as a primer to possibly migrating to an Android- based phone when my Nokia E72 contract expires soon. I don't think it's a "Rough" guide, at all! Excellent.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very useful for an Android newbie, 25 Jan. 2013
P. White (UK) - See all my reviews
This book, with one other, has shown me (a complete newcomer to smartphones) how to use the basic and the advanced features of an Android 4 phone which had a virtually useless instruction booklet.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Rough Guide to Android Phones and Tablets, 1 Jun. 2014
This was such a big help to me when I first got my android phone. Easy to understand and extremely helpful. I still refer to to it when I need help with something. Highly recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars android guide book, 17 Mar. 2013
really comprehensive advice and instructions on various android devices. This is a really good first time android user guide and can reccomend it as good value for money.

4.0 out of 5 stars Rough Guide to Android Phones and Tablets, 11 Feb. 2013
I had just bought a new Tablet with an Android operating system. I have found this book invaluable. i knew almost nothing about what I had to do before reading this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple guide, 23 Mar. 2013
A reasonably priced and very helpful book; simple to follow basic guide aided by illustrations. I would recommend this particular book.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great little book only let down with minimal coverage of ..., 15 Dec. 2014
Great little book only let down with minimal coverage of some things possibly some Android phone/tablet users would need.

5.0 out of 5 stars Guide, 28 Mar. 2013
Really helpful guide as I know next to nowt about 'phones and tablets, great pocket size guide that fits in my handbag.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what was needed, 16 Feb. 2013
I am a long term PC user (and developer) this printed manual was just what I needed to change my mind set for Android

1.0 out of 5 stars If you don't understand the technical side of mobile phones, don't bother with this, 4 Oct. 2014
The title is right. It is a rough guide if you are a nerd. If you want help to understand don't bother with this.