on 8 June 2012
This is an outstanding anthology. I don't just say that because I'm in it :0) There are so many brilliant stories here + poetry and articles.
Where to begin? Well, with Jeani Rector, the editor. She has achieved here what most editors only dream about: a collection of work that has no weak spots, looks professional and is gathering excellent reviews all over the place!
My favourites: 'Impressive Instants' by David A Hernandez - chilling demonstration of how not to solve a weight problem, 'The Dead Wall' by Michael Wolf - a familiar idea, twisted into something very dark indeed, 'The Night Visitor' by Joe McKinney - so atmospheric and deeply disturbing, 'Filmland' by Stewart Horn - a story that is full of pitch black humour; and 'Corn' by K.A. Opperman - such sweet food, but oh so deadly.
There are 34 stories here, and every one is worth the admission price. The mix of well known and lesser known writers is impressive.
The poetry: My favourites were 'Calling the Past' by Ian Hunter and 'The Stranger' by G.O. Clark.
If you enjoy well written, straightforward memorable horror that has originality at its core, you should read this.

Brilliant!
on 7 January 2013
This is a fantastic collection and the scariest book I have ever read. I have been reading horror books for twenty years but the Graham Masterton story was so scary that I couldn't sleep for days and couldn't stop thinking about it!
on 27 September 2014