5.0 out of 5 stars Great value for money
Bought these on price and have been pleasantly surprised at the comfort and quality. Although marketed as a squash trainer, I have been using to play badminton and they provide good grip and support. If you don't need the latest style then I can't see why you would pay more for trainers!
Published 22 months ago by Andy W G

2.0 out of 5 stars Old fashioned and not comfortable but...
Published 3 months ago by Mike G.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value for money, 6 Feb 2013
This review is from: Hi-Tec Sports Men's Squash Classic Court Trainer (Shoes)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Trainers For Squash, 19 Nov 2014
PPS076 (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)
I bought these to play squash with as I felt that my general trainers did not support me well enough on the squash court.

When the trainers arrived and I assessed their quality I was more than happy given the quality vs price tag and although they looked a bit plain and not very fashionably I was pleased with my purchase.

I'm a size 10 and found that the size 10 was a good fit although they did seem a bit tight at first. They are solid, flexibly and have an excellent grip that's well suited to the squash court.

When I used them for playing squash I found that they were a lot stiffer than normal trainers and it took 3-4 games to fully get used to them. I have found that they definitely provide good grip, support and stability in a way that 'Non Squash Trainers' can't do as well.

When I showed them to my old neighbour (a semi-pro) he was surprised that I paid so little and thought that they were good value. When I asked him if he would wear them he said no because he usually paid a lot more for his.

I have not had any problems with the trainers and have washed them in the washing machine at + 30 Deg C followed by slow drying outside and next to the fire or radiators (not too close though).

Verdict: Great Value For Novice Squash Players However A Semi-Pro Or Better Is More Likely To Need A Better Pair

Feedback:
If you wish to provide feedback on this review then please follow the link below.

Thanks

4.0 out of 5 stars Great shoes, 10 Mar 2013
Very pleased with the sports shoes and they were a good price too. Very comfortable and good for playing badminton.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great squash shoe, 29 Nov 2013
First bought a pair of these about 30 years ago when playing league squash and they were just as good then as they are today. Design hasn't changed in all that time but "why change something that isn't broken". Hats off to Hi-Tec for not just following fashion trends.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another "Great value for money" review, 13 Sep 2014
Mr M.R.Watkinson (Norfolk, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
I can't remember when I bought the current pair. There was an interval of a few years in my squash playing, but I suspect it was over a decade ago. Now? There's a split on the outside of each shoe, about where the lip of the front part of the sole comes to an end, longer on the left (my left foot being slightly the larger, so the shoe is under slightly more stress). The fabric under the heel long ago wore through on both. The fabric at the back of the heel has now worn through in a couple of places on both, such that it's shifting around a bit, prompting me to buy a new pair. After, probably, 7-9 years of regular use.

I might have bought a new pair before now, but I thought I'd be packing up playing, so it wouldn't be worth it (I can't fairly be described as young). Now though, I've concluded I'll probably be playing once & twice a week for another decade, so I ought to buy... Well, this will be the same pair as I had before, as far as I can tell. Comfortable? Yes. Effective? Yes. Value for money? Top notch!

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect, 2 Jun 2014
great value and a brilliant fit...i have broad feet and always struggle to find a pair of training shoes that don't hurt my feet ..these are perfect

5.0 out of 5 stars Well made, good value & comfortable, 22 Oct 2012
I have worn Hitech squash trainers for at least 25 years. They are extremely comfortable and durable on court and when their playing days are over, they can have an extended life for gardening and decorating.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent comfortable sports shoe, 5 Dec 2014
I needed to replace my worn out (after 15 years) badminton shoes and was unable to find what I wanted in my local sports shops as they only seemed to have trainers. I particularly wanted to buy the same product again as it is perfect for what I need. Fortunately, as with many other items, Amazon had them in stock and I was able to purchase my replacement shoes. They are very comfortable and grip well, although they needed to be 'run in' a bit as at first they did not grip as well as my worn out shoes, They are fine now though. The only other comment I have is that I needed to order a size larger than I would for ordinary shoes. This seems to be quite common with trainers and even walking boots or shoes. Anyway I am very satisfied with them and so glad that I could buy the same brand again.

2.0 out of 5 stars Old fashioned and not comfortable but..., 22 Sep 2014
Bought this set of trainers owing to the high ratings and budget value. They fitted nicely and gave a lot of grip but the cushioning on both top and bottom are just not enough. The leathery top of the trainer is much stiffer than expected and caused me blisters. After a few weeks of playing with them, the bottom cushioning started feeling very uncomfortable as it compressed very fast. The design is also very dated but for the price I wasn't expecting much.
Yet, if you are on a budget these might be good for as they give plenty of grip around the court and don't overheat. The lack of cushioning may be addressed by adding an insole but make sure it is a tight fit since it may end up moving from beneath your feet.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic for Badminton, 20 Aug 2014
I'm in the same boat as others where I bought these for badminton rather than squash and being a typical Scotsman, the lower price swayed me.

As a 15 stone fella who isn't the most light footed, I was a bit concerned that because these aren't gel soled like the other pair of shoes (Asics) I was looking at, that there would be a definite comfort issue but I couldn't be more wrong. Played 70 minutes of Badminton the other day and they were light and extremely comfortable throughout.

They are a bit plain compared to other badmintoning/squashing shoewear, but who cares ! These are cheaper, they fit perfectly and made dancing about on court for over an hour a joy.