Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£4.99

on 13 April 2013
Great insight to Paddy's world and through his eyes!
I would love to read a sequel to this book as a few years have passed and it'd be nice to see what's going on in his life now.
I liked the self disclosure Paddy has revealed and his honest views of 'traveller vs country people' way of life.
There seems to be much sadness but nice to read how much strength has been gained through it all.
on 29 January 2014
I had this book in my wish list for quite a while before I purchased it! I was enthralled and captured by the book within the first few pages!!
It kept me entertained and read it within a day.
It was full of emotion which moved me tears.
It was full of full grit and real life, which I cannot even imagine.
Absolutely brilliant book and I'm disappointed the story ended.
on 29 June 2012
Really enjoyed this book, understand how much they are family orientated. Paddy had a tough upbringing but made the most of it and became a good husband and father. I am not sure fighting is a good idea but that is their way of solving disputes. I also read the gypsy dressmaker Thelma's book so that has given me more insight into their way of life.
on 6 July 2012
Bought this book for my daughter to give for fathers day, also bought it for my own dad. My partner does not usually read much but was so interested by this book he read it within 3 days. I read it after him, it is a very good book. You learn a lot about Paddy Doherty that you wouldn't know and some very sad episodes in his life.
on 2 April 2013
What a fantastic book it's got every thing you would expect what a hard life paddy had very sad some times and some really happy times . Who would I recommend this book to ? Any one it's that good what a man paddy is fair play to him and I'd wish him and his family all the best and a peaceful life
on 2 April 2013
Paddy Doherty came across as a likeable character in MBFGW and I found myself becoming more interested in his background after seeing him on CBB. This book is a warts and all account of his life so far with some brutal moments and some very, very touching moments.
Honest and full of feeling.
on 28 January 2014
I have just finished reading this book and I couldn't put it down. Paddy really does give you a real insight to traveller life. He helps you understand them a lot better. They are not bad people they are just misunderstood and this book helps you understand their way of life a lot better.
on 28 June 2013
The one and only criticism I have, is the ghost writer has used too much of his/her own language, instead of paddys. The way it's written is clearly not how paddy speaks. Other than that, I learned a lot about him, and wow! What a life. God bless him, and God rest his passed children.
on 22 January 2016
A very honest read about his fighting days which is very traffic. But it is an autobiography after all! Very endearing how he talks about his family and wife. He is truly a loyal honest man. Shows another side and insight to travellers lives. Really enjoyed reading it
on 3 May 2013
A very heart warming book from a man that has had to go through lots of ups and downs in his life some of which people
Could just not imagine but only for the love of God and his family is he here today "and of course his fists".
A great read.