5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect!
Published 13 months ago by bjf

3.0 out of 5 stars Garmin S3 Approach
Okay, lets be upfront, I've had to return the watch. But I really didn't want to . . . .

I think this watch is absolutely BRILLIANT ! Best GPS watch out there. 5 stars. Really !

Published 3 months ago by Odball

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect!, 4 Mar 2013
After spending a bit of time looking at GPS watches I plummeted for this one. I must say it doesn't disappoint. Just a quick glance of watch and you know exact yardage to front middle or back of green. It automatically switches holes also which is very handy. Solid strap allows you to cater for all wrist sizes. Touch screen very responsive even with glove on. Battery time matches manufacturers specs. Overall very pleased.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best golf aid ever, 16 April 2013
I had originally gone with a Bushnell V2 scope which although worked well was clumsy to have to keep getting out and putting away every time and no good on blind shots.
I sold the V2 and have just finished my 4th round with my new S3 and I cannot rate it high enough. So easy to use and a glance to the wrist and your away.

5.0 out of 5 stars Transformational, 4 July 2013
A little pricey so was sceptical but what a great product. The lay up function a little disappointing so the S1 may have been sufficient. Transformed my golfing.

4.0 out of 5 stars This product is brilliant, 20 May 2013
I love it it easy to use accurate, no fussy downloading to do just put it on your wrist select the golf course and go.

3.0 out of 5 stars Garmin S3 Approach, 2 Jan 2014
This review is from: Garmin Approach S3 GPS Golf Watch, Black (Sports)

My problem was with charging the darn thing back up. Sometimes it took a charge, sometimes it didn't. I know other people who have the watch and never had a problem. I have seen other reviews where they complain of the fiddly charging contacts struggling to make contact. I don't know what the problem was, but mine gradually got worse and worse. I was hoping the supplier would come up with something like (I don't know) 1 We've changed the charging plug or 2 We've changed the charging shoe coupling to the watch (anything like that). But they haven't - looks like I just had a bad one.

The one plus - buying through Amazon, any problem and you just get a refund and return the item. This watch is so good, I would recommend you buy one. Really. Worse comes to worse and you get a bad one like mine, you know there isn't going to be a problem with the returns policy . . .

4.0 out of 5 stars watch, 23 April 2013
this is a great aid for any golfer of any ability, and is easy to use, heavy battery drain is a drawback as it requires recharging after each round of golf

5.0 out of 5 stars Shots saved!!, 28 April 2013
Really pleased with this purchase. My handicap will definitely be coming down. It does what is says and it is less conspicuous than other forms of range finders. It also has added benefits, like score keeping etc

4.0 out of 5 stars Garmin S3 Approach Watch, 9 July 2013
On the downside the battery only just lasts enough for 2 rounds and it doesn't show the hole overview or hazards etc which would be really good on a course you've never played before. The green view tool would be good if you actually could see where the pin is but that happens about twice a round on the courses i play on so becomes pretty useless. It's also a lot of money really. On the plus side it does a really good job of giving accurate distances you get from each club you use as you can measure out each shot if you want. I'm now comfortable knowing what club to hit each time after using this for 3 rounds or so which has dramatically helped me going to long or short on approach shots. It's also light and quite stylish. I suppose the negatives in this review mainly stem from the cost - if it were only 150 then i wouldn't consider the faults in the slightest as it's a good golf aid..

5.0 out of 5 stars Improved my game, 2 July 2013
Features are easy to use and moving the pin on the green does provide additional accuracy. Would recommend to any golfer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple but precise, 28 Jun 2013
I was convinced for years that I neded a traditional big screen gps but a friend showed me his gps watch and I was sokd. I bought the lstedt version and was more than convinced I had made the right decision.

ARRAY(0xb3ff5258)