5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect!
Published 21 months ago by bjf

1.0 out of 5 stars Great when it works - only works for 11 months and then the battery dies.
great when it works but the battery only lasts for 1 year and then you have to send it back to Garmin who only give you another 90 day warranty on repairs!!! Watch breaks down again within 12 months and Garmin ask you to pay £93 for repair!!!! The damn thing costs £100 maintenance every year! STEER CLEAR OF THIS PRODUCT!!!!!!
Published 14 hours ago by SuperSaf

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect!, 4 Mar 2013
After spending a bit of time looking at GPS watches I plummeted for this one. I must say it doesn't disappoint. Just a quick glance of watch and you know exact yardage to front middle or back of green. It automatically switches holes also which is very handy. Solid strap allows you to cater for all wrist sizes. Touch screen very responsive even with glove on. Battery time matches manufacturers specs. Overall very pleased.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best golf aid ever, 16 April 2013
I had originally gone with a Bushnell V2 scope which although worked well was clumsy to have to keep getting out and putting away every time and no good on blind shots.
I sold the V2 and have just finished my 4th round with my new S3 and I cannot rate it high enough. So easy to use and a glance to the wrist and your away.

5.0 out of 5 stars Transformational, 4 July 2013
A little pricey so was sceptical but what a great product. The lay up function a little disappointing so the S1 may have been sufficient. Transformed my golfing.

4.0 out of 5 stars This product is brilliant, 20 May 2013
I love it it easy to use accurate, no fussy downloading to do just put it on your wrist select the golf course and go.

4.0 out of 5 stars watch, 23 April 2013
this is a great aid for any golfer of any ability, and is easy to use, heavy battery drain is a drawback as it requires recharging after each round of golf

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple but precise, 28 Jun 2013
I was convinced for years that I neded a traditional big screen gps but a friend showed me his gps watch and I was sokd. I bought the lstedt version and was more than convinced I had made the right decision.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but disappointing battery life, 28 Sep 2013
This review is from: Garmin Approach S3 GPS Golf Watch - Dark Grey/Red (Electronics)
Having read other reviews I knew that battery life was going to be a bit of an issue but thought it would be bearable - and I fancied a new gadget! I recently played in a 27 hole competition and early in the 3rd nine it was out of juice. Fortunately I had an external battery pack (http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0085OB0IE/ref=cm_cr_ryp_prd_ttl_hst_2 - brilliant by the way!) and since I was using a trolley, connecting it up and hooking it around the handle was bearable - although a bit overcomplicated!

I know it's doing a lot of work and constantly connecting with satellites to work out the distances but considering there's no colour or extensive graphics, I thought Garmin might have managed to get a battery that could last a bit longer. I've only used it once so far (will be testing again in La Manga next week!) and there's probably an energy saving setting that I can use but to be honest, once it's on I want it to stay on.

4 stars because it still does a great job of giving you the basic numbers. I have a laser rangefinder which I probably won't be getting rid of any time soon but this is a more instant way of getting the right yardages and knowing the front and back distances is more useful for me than knowing the exact yardage - sadly I'm not quite that consistent with my shots!

5.0 out of 5 stars Improved my game, 2 July 2013
Features are easy to use and moving the pin on the green does provide additional accuracy. Would recommend to any golfer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Super!, 30 July 2013
I bought this for my husband as an anniversary present as a colleage had the S1. He has has nothing but praise for it. Found it easy to use, the battery lasted well with about 40% left by the time he got home. You do need to remember to leave adequate time to charge before each game. He found his golf club on there easily and commented that his game has improved with the use of the Garmin. He wears this instead of his watch and was surprised as how light it is and said that you do not realise you are wearing it.

5.0 out of 5 stars better golf, 11 Sep 2012
this watch does everything it says on the box. Easy to use and accurate. A great aid to better golf. All serious golfers should have one.

Garmin Approach S3 GPS Golf Watch - Dark Grey/Red