Colour Name: Black|Style Name: N900 Mbps Dual-Band|Change

on 18 April 2013
The ASUS RT N66U is up there with the best,if not the best. With all the functionality you could ever wish for,and bang up to date.
Easy to setup and configure to your own required specification.with a fantastic range, which is something we all require with WIFI.
Having used it now for a few months i have not had one problem with dropout on 2.4 or 5.0GHz. No other router i have had in the past or even have now tucked away somewhere gets anywhere close to its intended use as the N66U, it really is that good.
There is one small point to note and that is, it has no built in modem, but not to worry any router you have that includes a built in modem can be plugged in to the rear of the N66U. For peace of mind and trouble free surfing or gaming this is a must have..
on 15 May 2013
I use it as an access point and all my wifi devices have full signal strength within my house.
Out families wifi devices are, ASUS eee and tree HTC legend.
I have to restart it one during the first month of use. Reason of stop is unknown.
on 8 December 2014
So far I am really pleased with this router. It replaced a home hub 2 and the difference is staggering. Tested wireless speed before install and was getting 15mb download on my 70mb connection. After installing this router I get over 60mb on wireless!!! Massive difference.

Torrents now download without stopping my connection working for any other devices.

The wired speed completely maxes out at the advertised speed.

So far no disconnects in Destiny which was happening a lot with the home hub

Generally broswing the web, watching youtube and iplayer etc is all much much quicker.

Thanks to the first review listed here too which gave guidance on setting up with BT Infinity setup only took a matter of minutes.
on 11 January 2013
my friend recommended this router to me and I am really happy with it. the only comment I would like to make is that you have to reconnect quite often. this happens after you've left your computer for a long time. reconnecting is speedy though
on 18 October 2015
Revolutionary connectivity and no so more waiting for iggle piggle to buffer to an unpleasant chorus of wailing toddlers. With a couple of extenders in a very large house there is barely a need to interact with anything human either now. Joy.
on 7 October 2014
Fantastic router, and the user interface is easy to use. A word of warning though, I'm on my second one, I updated to version 376_1071 firmware on 1st and 2nd routers thus causing the user interface to stop working properly. Asus tech support told me I had a faulty router so returned to amazon, so i didn't initially let the 2nd router update its firmware, and all settings worked great (vpn, port forwarding, even the status map screen etc) I did update to 376_1071 later and this killed any settings I had put in as before. The Asus website does have a later firmware not listed from the router (376_2524) this version reinstated by port forwarding etc. You'd think ASUS tech people would actually test firmwares on actual hardware. I have had no trouble since
on 7 May 2012
I've been running this router for a month from a 50mb Virgin Cable modem connection. It has been completely faultless so far.

It has been returning steady connection speeds and has had a blackberry, iPhone 4S and two lap tops running on the wifi with an Xbox360 PS3 and a PC running through the wired connections. I've even tried them all at once. Very impressed.

It was very easy to set up and creating a secure network was nice and easy.

The only slight challenge was getting a Vodafone Suresignal to work. That required a trip to the Internet and a couple of check boxes ticking in the advanced setup options. No real stress but I figure it is worth mentioning that Suresignal doesn't just plug and play with this router.
on 26 December 2014
Little to add to all the detailed reviews here.
Used with Virgin "router" set to modem-only. Moves my 60Mbs connection flawlessly around both the wired & Wifi linked clients. Also handles 4 "port-forwarded" camera.
on 17 September 2014
Bought for home, this is the best router I've ever used (as a network/system administrator I've used a lot).

It is very beginner and experienced user friendly, and had it installed and configured in 5 minutes: The setup wizard handled the initial configuration, including detecting network conflict with modem on the WAN port and reconfiguring itself around that. Wifi range is excellent on 2.4GHz and average on 5GHz with up to 6 guest Wifi SSIDs. Throughput to the Internet is fast and stable. It has a ton of more advanced features which are also easy to configure.

It's also a great looking device with a cool name "Dark Knight" (as another reviewer mentioned :-) )

Deserves more than 5 stars
on 10 September 2012
Not much I can add to the already good reviews on here, apart from don't get caught out like I did expecting it to also be an ADSL modem - doh! A quick trip to my local electronics store and £14 later I had a single port ADSL modem which solved my problem.

The RT-N56U works beautifully and even has a slightly better range than the 4 year old Belkin N1 router it replaces. The set up screens can be quite daunting at first, but I found the Asus tech team to be pretty good at answering my queries (I had an issue connecting to my work VPN which was a simple gateway security problem). Even looks good enough to leave on view.

All-in-all very happy and the performance and range are top notch. Highly recommended.