5.0 out of 5 stars Just the thing for iPad owners
I've had mine for a few weeks and found it cheaper than on Amazon, but since Amazon is the go-to place for reviews, I'm writing this one.

This little device is just the thing for iPad owners -- or other mobile devices. It allows you to insert a USB memory stick and make the contents available wirelessly to about 8 clients. USB devices can't be plugged in to...
Published on 15 May 2012 by yaddayadda

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but not perfect
The iUSB port is a very small and handy device, however I purchased it mainly to integrate with an existing WiFi network however this feature is extremely slow. Therefore the product was returned however for peer-to-peer it's great!
Published 10 months ago by Agl

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

2.0 out of 5 stars Very poor performance lets a good idea down, 7 Aug 2012
M. J. Stackhouse (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: CloudFTP iUSBport (Black)
I received this yesterday, with the idea of using it when on holiday to copy new videos onto my phone which doesn't have expandable storage (the HTC One X, with no micro SD card slot), and also to view photos taken via a card reader.

The idea is great, and just the sort of thing I was looking for, but the performance is a *massive* let down. Forget watching 720p videos streamed from this thing, let alone 1080p. Copying files from the device (with a very fast USB flash device) is almost painfully slow. I clocked it at around 5 and a half minutes for a 400mb file (and this is after the v14 firmware update which improved things, the same file took 9 minutes originally!). Consider that this file would take seconds to copy on a pc with the same flash device plugged into a USB port.

Testing in windows 7 to try and better measure the speed showed the performance to be even worse, and it occasionally dropped out altogether! However, this is a non-issue for myself at least, as with a PC you could just plug the device in!

The device itself is rather neat, and the battery lasts for quite a while (no AC charger in the box BTW, just the USB cable, and a suggestion to use a 5V 2A charger - which is an uncommonly high power USB charger, most are 1A, so I'm a little annoyed they didn't include one). There's no full manual either, just a quick start guide which says to get the full one from their website. Usually this wouldn't bug me, but the website doesn't have a copy of a full manual either, and support says one doesn't exist yet! Luckily it's easy to use.

I can personally cope with the poor performance, as I only need it to copy files from external devices to my phone for later viewing, so I can start this process and walk away. If however you plan to stream videos through it, or need quick access to data, this is not the device for you. You have been warned!

I will keep it for now, and hopefully further firmware updates will improve things in the future. I'll update my review later when new firmware comes out.

1.0 out of 5 stars Inconsistent performance, 10 July 2012
This review is from: CloudFTP iUSBport (Black)
Took delivery of this little doohickey today....fiddled about with it for a few hours and then sent it straight back! It doesn't seem to be the finished article...perhaps I'll have another look in a year's time if it's still around. It seems that it will only play iTunes compatible video and it would not play audio at all (built-in web audio player would not launch). A third party app like GoodReader would seem to be essential. Ad hoc wifi kept dropping as did FTP access (necessitating innumerable reboots). Perhaps others have had a better experience but I would not recommend it in its present manifestation. Oh and btw no power adapter/cable supplied.

1.0 out of 5 stars not as good as advertised, 3 Feb 2013
This review is from: CloudFTP iUSBport (Black)
very complicated instructions and I could not get it working after spending a day or two trying.
had to return item and was credited immediatley

3.0 out of 5 stars NOT iUSB, 5 Mar 2013
This review is from: CloudFTP iUSBport (Black)
Received CloudFTP !!!!! so not now iUSB as stated on the web page
If iUSB update so not as ordered

2.0 out of 5 stars Very poor, 18 Dec 2012
This review is from: CloudFTP iUSBport (Black)
Doesnt play half the films of portable hard drive, not very user friendly.
Get a wireless hard drive instead I'd say

1.0 out of 5 stars Beware: UK price is a rip-off, 23 Jan 2013
Martina Watson "BooksRMe" (Surrey, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: CloudFTP iUSBport (Black)
I saw an ad for this interesting and potentially very useful device, looked at the advertised website (which is for US shoppers only but the only retail site I could find) for a more in-depth description and found that at $99 (62) this was a reasonable price. However, when I searched for it in the UK - and no-one here other than Amazon-linked retailers seems to sell it - I marvelled (not for the first time!) at the brazenness of UK retailers, unscrupulously jacking up the price to kingdom come. 40 pounds more in the UK for the selfsame gadget! No customs/excise etc charges can excuse such an increase! I could have lived with 70 maximum but 101 pounds?! That screams RIP OFF in capital letters. And when I take the reviews posted here into consideration with its pros and cons, I 've come to the conclusion that with its movie-streaming and other limitations, this device is definitely not worth its 100 price tag. I've got a simple 69 cent app for iPhone, iPad and my Mac that can copy photos and videos wirelessly to each other. Paying 100 more just for streaming purposes is insane.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›