4.0 out of 5 stars Good product but beware!
Skip down for the beware part!

Published 18 months ago by Mr. N. J. Woodward

1.0 out of 5 stars Waste of money.
This case is absolute rubbish. I have only had this for a few months and have only taken it outside the house 3 times, however the bottom part of the case is already broken and no longer fits - meaning every time I lit up my laptop the bottom part falls off. It doesn't last and isn't worth the money.
Published 6 months ago by -

4.0 out of 5 stars Good product but beware!, 14 Aug. 2013
Mr. N. J. Woodward (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Speck SeeThru Satin Hard Shell Case Cover for 13 inch MacBook Pro - Black (Personal Computers)
Skip down for the beware part!

These Speck cases are great. I bought a black one and was so satisfied that I have recommended them to friends and family. Whilst I'm careful with my tech my laptop has taken a few knocks over the 2 years I've had the case on and it has protected it from damage every time. The slightly rubberised texture also means that you can have your laptop on your bed or other similarly soft surface without it slipping all over the place. Furthermore, the case has allowed me to stick some stickers I wanted on as I didn't want to put them directly onto my laptop!

HOWEVER...

Make sure that at least once a month you take both parts of the case off and clean them inside as well as the outside of your mac otherwise irreparable damage will be caused to the aluminium body of your laptop! I didn't do this. Consequently, little specks of hard debris which undoubtedly get in between the laptop and the case when it is on get pressed into the aluminium of the laptop body. My laptop now looks like it has acne scarring all over the top and bottom surfaces where the aluminium has been damaged irreversibly! However, I am aware that this is my responsibility. Otherwise the case is great!

1.0 out of 5 stars Waste of money., 17 Aug. 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant product, 3 Nov. 2013
makes my macbook pro look even cooler with excellent protection and you can still see the apple logo light up

3.0 out of 5 stars Scratches very easily, 11 Aug. 2013
The product looks great, feels great and fits really well - but after 1 week of use it is already badly scratched and I have no idea why. Consider getting non-black option or another brand that is more robust.

A bit disappointed.

4.0 out of 5 stars just as expected and looks fantastic!, 18 Jun. 2013
great case, looks fab and protects my mac.

Had to remove plastic shavings before fitting - I suppose this is to be expected.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 6 Jun. 2013
I've just got this case, it came extremely well packaged and fit's perfectly, it makes my Macbook Pro 13" look fantastic, i'm really pleases with it. I'll probably update in the future on how it's holding up. But i defiantly recommend buying this case.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great if you know how!!, 12 Dec. 2013
Ok so most of the complaints about this type of case were due to scratches being created by the actual shield itself because it allows dust particles etc to get in between it and the surface of the laptop! Ridiculous right? i read some reviews that stated there were more deep gouges than they would've had keeping it just in the neoprene case! In all fairness though it does say that once a month you should remove it and clean it out. I just know that i won't be bothered doing this. I'd had one before on a company laptop and never bothered.

So what i decided to do, was get some cheap iPad screen protectors (£2.49) (i had 4 left over from a few years back) and cut them to fit the top and bottom of the laptop, stuck them on (only peeling one side of course) and then attached this case. Bam. I did chat with some folks over at Apple first to make sure that this won't affect the laptop in terms of heating or any issues like that and they said it would be just fine. So if you want to protect your laptop from the elements and this case, then do likewise!

here is the link to the screen protectors i used:
Kolay Screen Protector Tablet Generation

Hope this helps!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Protector, but..., 23 Aug. 2014
Great, except it does lead the laptop to overheat a bit. But that can be resolved by taking the back off for a few hours.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent cover., 8 Aug. 2014
Just receive it. It fits my EE Eagle perfectly and even has a hook that I can attach my stylus pen to. I am particularly pleased that it does not add much to the size of the tablet so I can easily carry it in my shoulder bag. Finally it has a nice feel and the quality is pretty good. Delivery time was only just over 2 weeks.

4.0 out of 5 stars great, 16 Jun. 2014
its quite sturdy and definitely worth it for protecting your macbook air. you do need an extra case to put the laptop in.