Shop now Shop now Shop now Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now  Up to 50% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now Shop now

Price:£69.79+ Free shipping

on 27 March 2013
This is a really neat keyboard with quite wide keys for its small size. It sits in the narrow space between my laptop and external keyboard and is great for using on VST synths.
Delivered on time but it arrived in a really GIGANTIC cardboard box -so big in fact that I could hardly get it up the stairs. What are the Amazon packaging dept staff smoking? :)

Update: Having used this for a few weeks I'm still very happy with it but have now reduced it by 1 star due to the bad placement of the USB socket -which sticks out a mile and keeps catching on my hand when leaning over to the PC mouse.
The socket is already a bit wobbly and made bigger by the movement on it. Stupid Korg..they should have located the socket better, or as someone else said, supplied a right-angled USB connector/cable. I also wish the keyboard had one or two additional buttons for 'midi learn' purposes.

Latest update:
I found a very good (low cost) 'angled USB cable' that fits snugly in the side of the keyboard and doesnt stick out.
"StarTech 3 feet A Right Angle to B Right Angle USB Cable".
on 2 February 2013
I'm primarily a guitarist, but have been trying my hand at recording using Garage Band and Logic Pro, after buying a Samson Meteor mic and a Zoom guitar interface. However, using the software, I needed a keyboard to add other sounds to my creations, as clicking with a mouse or using the computer keyboard is not that great.
After reading reviews, I went for the Korg microkey 37 - and this one is the update to the much more comprehensively reviewed previous version. Firstly, it is small - check out the dimensions - and the keys are a little on the small side, but then you can't expect full size keys on a 37 key one like this. However it takes a little getting used to in terms of the resistance and size of the plastic keys.
What I did appreciate was the USB hub aspect of this keyboard. I have my microphone and guitar interface plugged into it, which does save a lot of messing about with the back of the computer.
I also liked the simplicity of the keyboard. There aren't many controls. As a real piano playing novice (I know a couple of chords) I can't say I have used the pitch and modulation wheels much, but the octave buttons are easy to understand and use.
Naturally, the keyboard works instantly with Garage Band and Logic Pro - although with the mic and guitar plugged in I had to fiddle around a bit to get everything to work.
There is a load of free Korg software downloadable with this keyboard - but as a Mac user, and not a real keyboard player I didn't bother but gave it to my brother who was excited at seeing a Korg M1 emulator. Not sure if he's used it but a nice little freebie for an already pretty modestly priced keyboard, that is a pretty handy addition to my fledgling music studio/dining room set-up.

Incidentally, extremely fast service. I ordered this from Amazon on Boxing Day evening and it arrived 2 days later. Impressive.
on 5 June 2013
After ditching my old monster of a MIDI keyboard (it was the weight and size of a small elephant) I decided to go small and compact opting for the Korg Microkey37.

Overall, I'm happy with my choice. The keys are notably smaller than a standard keyboard counterpart and do take a little time getting used to at first. The size and weight make it easy to store away on a small shelf and setup in no time at all. The octave switcher buttons are a nice addition, along with the regular pitch bend and modulation wheels.

However, if you are looking for a more robust unit which you will be using during long-periods of time, then I probably wouldn't recommend the Korg. I actually miss the lack of octaves for that impromptu composition as well as additional knobs and sliders that other more expensive models tend to offer which can be mapped in most DAWS (I use Propellerhead Reason).

In summary, for some light, mobile audio production, the Korg is the perfect choice. However, if you are a more serious producer, spend a few more quid and get something more substantial for your audio endeavors.
on 2 November 2012
All round good product works well with the range of available Virtual synths available online.
Although the one's supplied maybe not the best and registration of these was not the easiest and some had even expired by the time i came to register although that could just be me!?.

Apart from that for the money can't really make fault.

G
on 25 October 2014
18 months of very light usage and it's dead as a doornail - no computer I try even recognises there's a device plugged in. At least it's cheap, and it worked fine for a while, but I can hardly recommend it when it turns itself into a brick once the warranty runs out.
on 26 December 2014
Does what it says on the tin, keys feel great as do the supplementary controls, but the big disappointment for me was that it cannot be powered directly from an iPad. This is a consequence of it having a built-in USB hub which probably very few people will use. The 25-key version can be powered by an iPad just fine, but it's too small for anything except chords and beats. Seems to me the USB hub should have only been fitted to the 61-key version, leaving the 25-key and 37-key compatible with tablets.
on 21 April 2013
I needed a compact MIDI controller in order to fiddle around with virtual instruments and I don't want to use my bulky M-Audio Keystation Pro 88, due to space constraints (unless I need something closer to the feel of a hammer action keyboard).

This one's a basic MIDI controller which works OK but it's a bit lacking on the feel of the keys and its stability when using it due to its low weight. It will do the job but nothing more. Also, for an unfathomable reason, the usb ports are on the left and the wire provided is too short. I was considering purchasing a more expensive controller and am not sure if I'd buy the same again, but at this price there aren't many options anyway.

On the plus side, it worked without a hitch. It's rather cheap (could've been 10-20€ cheaper though) and works as expected.
It's much better than the Nanokey. It has white keys that go back as far as the black keys, making it easier to form chords. The Keys are velocity sensing, but no after touch, or option to add a sustain pedal, so far! The Keys have the feel of a small Casio keyboard, but are ok. Pitch and Modulation wheels work well. The pitch wheel is a return to centre spring loaded device. There are buttons for raising the keyboard up / down octaves, and they change colour to indicate what octave they're set to: no light/green/orange/red. Two extra USB sockets are available on the left side of the keyboard to plug further devices in, thus turning the keyboard into a mini hub.

With Windows XP/Vista/7, the standard USB-MIDI driver will be installed automatically. You can download the Korg USB-MIDI driver from the Korg website to provide more functionality. The Korg Kontrol Editor software (also available from the Korg website) allows you to edit the MIDI messages transmitted via each controller on the MicroKey.

What really makes this product stand out is the free Korg M1 LE software emulator, which does sound like the real thing! Further more you can obtain an upgrade to the complete Korg Legacy collection for $99 (about £65 as the crow flies) which is great value!

Box contents:
Keyboard
USB cable (1 metre)
Instructions
Voucher to claim your free Korg M1 software emulator (LE version, i.e. cut down version) + EzDrummer Lite & others.
on 16 September 2013
I was apprehensive as to the quality of the product, but after installing some of the free software(which took a long time) it came alive, and i am really enjoying playing it and using it for music GCSE help.

All in all i recommend this to any amateur or novice recorders, a great little piece of kit!
on 20 August 2015
A compact (37-key) USB-powered MIDI controller that I'm using to help me with my singing. With the bundled Korg M1 Li software, a fair basic range of voices are provided that can be augmented using Korg or other plug-ins, or standalone programs. The microKEY provides good pressure sensitivity and hold/release response of the (slightly smaller than standard) keys with the supplied piano voices (the basic piano voice is OK for pitching my own vocals, etc, but not really up to performance 'playing' quality, in my limited opinion). Apart from the keyboard itself, the unit offers one-touch up/down octave shift buttons (very handy with a only 37 keys) and sturdy pitch bend and modulation wheels for effects. The unit has a well-made feel and also provides two USB A ports to add other controllers (e.g., drum pad).

All in all, a great purchase that suits my particular requirements.