on 29 September 2013
I use 2 of these in Raid 0 with a fast smaller SDD as Intel Cache and IMO its overall faster in "REAL LIFE USAGE" then simply running the SDD as SSD's are not fast for all types of files types/sizes and compresses vs uncompressed files.

Mech HDD's still have a faster Sequential write speed for certain file sizes.
on 6 September 2013
faster than a 7,200 SATA drive, which is what you would expect. My only gripe is that it can be a little noisey. But overall, I would say good value for money and I certainly would recommend it.
on 27 March 2014
With the price of SSD's coming down don't bother with this Drive. Perhaps I am unlucky but my Velociraptor was very noisy, more so than a five year old hard drive I own. For £100 you could do better!
on 4 July 2014
Was told these drives are fast, but loud. Can hardly hear the thing in my case and it is fast. On par I think with my ssd. Going to save and buy a one ter one.
on 24 June 2013
I never thought I'd own a Raptor, I'm a bit wary of SSD so I went for WD raptor, fast, good capacity 500 gig what more can I say apart from I'm stunned
22 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 24 April 2013
Fitted this drive in a HAF-X case to hold my programmes and games (i have an Agility 3 ssd for my O/S) its fast,quiet and good storage for the price.
I dont have any noise problems as some people have said but the HAF-X is not a cheap tinny case anyway.
I would not hesitate to buy another one
on 5 January 2014
Faster than my 5yr old 150Gb Velociraptor but much noisier, hence only 4 stars. If you don't mind the extra noise, it's a great drive.
on 19 March 2014
Great alternative to SSD disks. It is not as fast of course but if you are worried about the high fault rate of SSD's then this is pretty much the best you can get from traditional disks (and a lot cheaper per GB as well). I recently got a second one and put it in a raid for extra performance, and I'm very very pleased with the result. I have it for over a year now with no issues, assuming it will last in time then this is as it gets for me. It is a bit noisy at times but not enough to be annoying, I have heard worse (hint, iomega drives).
on 8 October 2014
Good Fast Drive!

Very loud but at that speed it is expected!
on 15 October 2014
great drive used it for back up my OS and other private stuff