Size: PLATINUM - 1.5M (1.5METER)|Change

on 7 March 2012
I chose this cable because it was one of the few that actually quoted a digital transfer rate. It looked like the best spec for the price, and I didn't want to spend too much because it's the first HDMI cable I've bought.

I was pleasantly surprised when it arrived. There was no packaging as such but the cable was neatly coiled with cable ties and with protective caps for the connectors. It also came with a small sheet of specs and features, including service contact details - UK address, tel number and website.

The cable is as shown in the photo. It has a tight fabric woven outer sheath which uncoiled straight and flat. The cable seems to be securely attached to the connector housings with no free play. The cable has just the right amount of flexure so it can remain hidden behind my TV which has sideways facing connector sockets.

I use the cable to connect the output from a DVD/HDD Recorder to the TV. I had a RGB Scart prior to this cable and the improvement in picture and sound quality was instantly noticeable. It obviously can't improve the digital TV aerial signal coming in, but playback of DVDs and recorded TV programmes is now a much better experience.

Overall, I'm very pleased with this cable and have no hesitation recommending it.
on 5 July 2013
Great value for money. We use it to watch films that we stream in through are laptop & link to our TV. Also use it when we have a get together and Skype relative living away from home. Had it a for quite a while now, use it regularly and no reduction in quality.
on 29 August 2012
Needed a long HDMI cable for PS3 so I could run it hidden behind cavity/plasterboard wall - it's rigidity makes this perfect for the job - excellent product.
on 3 June 2014
Had this for ages now and Im really glad I got it, looks really good and the quality is amazing for the price. I use it to plug a laptop into a TV to watch Movies (well cat videos on Youtube) with no problems.

Well worth the money
on 2 June 2013
Many discussions can be found around the internet about whether or not an HDMI cable influences sound and picture quality. Personally I don't think it will, since it is a digital cable, but if you want to know all the ins and outs I suggest you go have a look on Google, and you will probably find all the information you'll ever want, and more.

To the matter at hand then! The cable arrives roled up in a plastic bag, which might seem like a bad idea, since the cable isn't protected, but you could probably drive your car over this cably and it would still work. Add to that the fact that it looks great (it has a very tightly woven and quite smooth jacket around the cable), that the plug seems very well built and that the cable works (which is quite important!), I can do nothing but recommend this cable. It just oozes quality.
on 10 March 2014
I know that cables are often mis-sold - even hifi magazines spout drivel about some hugely expensive HDMI cables offering richer sounds and better contrast etc. They should remember that HDMI carries digital data, so that data either arrives to the TV or it doesn't, it can't really arrive and be 'worse quality'. If there's a problem then you'd see picture breakup, loss of sound etc.

Thankfully these cables offer full speed data throughput for the latest specifications and worked flawlessly. I bought several for myself and family and they've all been fine. They look good (not that this is really important for a cable that will live at the back of your TV!) and the plastic sheathing means they are nice and protected.

Recommended!
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 21 September 2012
I recently bought a PS3 and needed a long HDMI cable. After browsing through many options on Amazon, I plumped for this 5M long Platinum cable. It's not the cheapest but it had good reviews and was just about long enough. I can't judge on the sound quality as I am using an optical cable for that but the picture is crisp and clear and this was a purchase that was worth the money.

The cable is well protected and I managed to hide it under our carpet as it isn't too thick.
on 12 June 2012
These cables are an absolute steal! I never thought that I would get a 5m HDMI cable so good for £15. The quality of the image is certainly good and this is a good strongly built cable that will last for years. If you want a cable that you will use for passing through Audio/Visual equipment to plasma's and projectors, get these! 5/5, No need to pay £50 on high street HDMI cables!
on 29 July 2011
I've just move to a HD TV and realised that I needed three long HDMI cables. I'm also using 3D so wanted something decent without spending silly amounts of money. These cables are great! No isses whatsoever and they have a quality 'feel' about them. You could buy three of these for less than one long cable at a high-street retailer. Recommended :o)
on 12 March 2012
Great HDMI cable at a great price.
Im using it to connect Xbox360 to an LG LW4500 Led TV, and i can play 3D games with it.