5.0 out of 5 stars The Girl in the Clockwork Collar, 8 Feb. 2013
Finley, Griffin, Emily and Sam are travelling to New York to save Jasper, who they believe has been arrested for murder. However, Jasper is not with the Police he is being held captive by his former gang. If Jasper returns the machine he stole from the gang's leader Dalton, then Jasper's first love Mia will not be killed by the mysterious clockwork collar around her neck. Finley goes undercover to help save Jasper and Mia, and to find out what this machine does and stop Dalton from using it.

The Girl in the Clockwork Collar is the second book in the steampunk chronicles and is just as good as the first as it is still action-packed and full of romance. However this book is much more predictable than the last, as I could tell what would happen next and who the good and bad guys were.

While Finley's two sides of herself have merged into one however she is not sure which side of herself is dominate the lighter or darker, this adds a lot of depth to her character and really makes her relatable to most people. I also really like the tension between Griffin and Finley as it adds another level to their romance.

Kady Cross is really talented at writing characters as they are well written and I could identify with every single one of them. I hope in the next book we learn more about Emily's past and we get to see more of Jack, also I would like it if Wildcat was in it again as I think she would fit in with the group.

I really can't wait to see what happen next in the series. I would recommend The Girl in the Clockwork Collar to people who liked The Girl in the Steel Corset or readers of steampunk.

4.0 out of 5 stars Steampunk Chronicles book 2, 10 Aug. 2013
Sarah (Feeling Fictional) (Kent, England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
I really enjoyed The Girl in the Steel Corset so I'm not sure why it took me quite so long to get around to reading The Girl in the Clockwork Collar. The good thing about waiting is that all three books in the trilogy are now available so I'm going to be able to read the final instalment fairly quickly! I'd actually forgotten how much I liked Finley and the crazy group of misfits that she has become friends with and it was great to get back into the world that Kady Cross has created.

Finley is still struggling to bring both sides of her personality together but she has come a long way from who she was in the first book thanks to Griff and the others. She is still incredibly independent, intelligent and more than capable of looking out for herself which is something that has to be admired but she does have a tendency to act without thinking through the full consequences which often gets her in trouble. Griff struggles with the fact that Finley is often more capable of protecting herself than he is of looking after her but as much as that grates on him he puts that to one side once he has time to think about things. I have to say that Griff has grown on me since the first book but I did miss Finley's other potential love interest Jack in this instalment. It's not often I'm interested in love triangles but with the two distinct sides to Finley's personality it's not surprising that she is attracted to both of these very different men. I always tend to have a thing for the bad guy so it wasn't much of a surprise to me that I previously found Jack the more appealing of the two but after reading this book I'm now split down the middle and I'm almost tempted to switch to team Griff.

It was great to catch up with Emily and discover her latest impressive inventions, she is the smartest one of the group by far and she always has a few tricks up her sleeve. Sam has had quite a change of attitude which he desperately needed and he and Finley have almost reached a point where they could consider each other friends rather than enemies. This story takes us away from London and across the pond to New York and Jasper's old hunting grounds. Jasper is in a mess, his old gang have caught up with him and they are using blackmail to get their hands on a weapon he stole and hid from them before he fled to London. Finley, Griff and the others can't leave their friend to deal with the mess on his own and they have followed him to America to assist in any way they can. I always loved Jasper so it was great to spend more time with him and to get to know more about his past. I have to admit I wasn't a huge fan of his ex-girlfriend Mei but I absolutely loved his old friend Wildcat and really hope we get to see more of her in the future.

The story was well paced, had a nice amount of action and had a couple of great twists. I'll admit that I had suspected one of them well before the big reveal but I'm pretty sure that was intentional and it didn't spoil my enjoyment. I really like this steampunk world full of automatons, organites and airships and am looking forward to reading The Girl with the Iron Touch in the not too distant future.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic NY Adventure, 28 Sept. 2013
This review is from: The Girl in the Clockwork Collar (The Steampunk Chronicles - Book 2) (Kindle Edition)
I love the Victoriana mixed with the technology. Kady Cross' characters are full of depth and the plot is fast paced. I preferred the 'Girl in the Steel Corset' however this book still is an enjoyable, easy read.

Looking forward to the next book 'Girl with the Iron Touch'.

If you like a bit of fantasy, history, romance & action, plus strong female characters, then this books for you. An excellent blend of genres.

5.0 out of 5 stars girl in the clockwork collar, 10 April 2013
a beautiful book. this is the sequel to the amazing book, girl in the steel corset, I thought this was well planned. perfectly told and the best read I have had on a long time. I highly recommend this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars The review of a lifetime, 12 Mar. 2013
I could not be more upset that this is the last book. I've enjoyed reading these to books so much these are most definitely on my top 5. If anyone has a dream of writing a book like this I will most certainly read it. Well done Kady Cross you are now one of my favourite authors.

From Niamh Crosbie

5.0 out of 5 stars Steampunk, 8 Feb. 2013
M. H. J. Brown "freeek666" (wycombe,uk) - See all my reviews
The second book was kick ads roll on number three!!!!!!!! I need more of this assumption stuff to read yay

5.0 out of 5 stars Hard to put down, 29 Jan. 2013
It's rare for me to find something that really catches my interest these days, but this did. I couldn't put it down and recommended it straight off to family and friends.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, 7 Jan. 2013
The best one yet! I truly love the characters and the pace of everything that Kady Cross writes with these characters. I hope she does another one soon!

5.0 out of 5 stars More Please, 6 Nov. 2012
I can't wait to see what happens to the characters next. This felt more like book two than three as the firstis just a teaser novelette.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 22 Oct. 2014
Excellent book. A really good read