5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent - making a huge difference
I bought several packs of these. I used some for tomatoes in grow bags and the others for squashes/courgette in the ground.
The pots themselves were bigger than I had anticipated, but the benefits of are totally amazing. They are themselves sturdy and well constructed, so I anticipate cleaning and reusing them for a good few years to come.

With the...
Published 20 months ago by H. Brown

3.0 out of 5 stars Grow bag pots
Product arrived on time and as described by supplier won't know the full results till it's time to plant but they do look great
Published 9 months ago by Adam Wright

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent - making a huge difference, 4 July 2013
H. Brown - See all my reviews
This review is from: Growbag Pots (Set Of 6)

With the tomatoes I have two grow bags of three plants each. Planting the tomato plants inside them is actually a little tricky, as I wanted to allow enough space to add soil around the stems to strengthen the plants. The bit where you put the canes is also sturdy, so I have lined up the two grow bags and am just using canes at the corners and stringing a box together to keep them safe. It makes watering them so much easier.

However, I would say that the real benefit of these is when used in the ground with squash, pumpkin and courgette. I grew a load this summer, but didn't have enough of the pots for all of them. I had two petty pans squash and two courgette (as well as others) - I put one petty pans seedling and one courgette seedling into the pots (one in each pot) and the corresponding two seedlings directly in the ground. I treated all exactly the same, mixing it a few handfuls of growbag compost with the soil. The seedlings in the pots have grown really strongly, being far larger and vigourous than their direct-soil-grown counterparts. The leaves are larger, the soil retains moisture for longer and they are far far easier to water. The plants in the pots have also both flowered earlier than their direct-soil-grown counterparts. Also very easy to put snail/slug defences around the perimeter of the plastic, and any that do get in seem to get stuck in the moat. The plants themselves are higher up off the ground, so the fruits don't get eaten or rot in contact with the soil. If I had pumpkin plant, I imagine it would also be easier to put the fruit on a brick to mature to stop it from rotting in contact with the soil.

4.0 out of 5 stars Growbag Pots with free Planting Guard and set of 3 Bamboo Clips, 9 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Growbag Pots (Set Of 6)
Prompt delivery, well packed. No instructions included but Seller is forwarding them after I contacted them about it. Be aware that there is only 1 free planting guard as it is easy to assume there would be 3 if you read it quickly. I already have a set of 3 round growpots I've used previously and they worked well, and I'm trying these because they look bigger and being square look more space efficient. I will do an update on the product in the Autumn after trying them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Grow bag Pots, 14 Jun. 2012
This review is from: Growbag Pots (Set Of 6)
I had heard a lot about these and thought I would have a go, especially as the offer was so good. Much cheaper than the garden centre and the offers in the newspapers, so I bought 6. They arrived very quickly, the instructions were clear and the planting guard was very good at keeping the compost out of the water section. So here we are in the middle of June and despite the lack of sun and heat (I live in Kent)the 6 tomato plants that I put in are way ahead of previous years, the plants are looking very healthy. Watering is MUCH easier and far more controlled, I am 100% satisfied with pots and the delivery.

4.0 out of 5 stars Growpots (Halo planters), 21 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Growbag Pots (Set Of 6)
Early days but.....6 Aldi baby plum plants in separate tubs seem to be thriving. 10/15 flower bracts and Toms have started to develop.
Fed a couple of times with liquid seaweed extract since purchase /potting but now small toms have appeared will feed with tomato food. Gave sibling some growbag pots to try on toms in greenhouse. They potted 2 plants per growbag and are very impressed with number of flowers appearing. Used hole for cane support which is prob another must.
Overall a good purchase and may purchase again to grow courgettes and peppers etc.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value, 26 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Growbag Pots (Set Of 6)
These plant halos were excellent value for money compared to garden centre prices they are a good practical size with good depth and holes for canes well positioned

5.0 out of 5 stars Growbags 6 pack!, 15 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Growbag Pots (Set Of 6)
Ordered my second pack of these on receipt of first perfect for the greenhouse or out in the garden Marrows courgettes squashes etc good price too.

4.0 out of 5 stars How to improve the performance of growbag gardening!, 12 Jun. 2012
Yvette Heyward-Chaplin (Middlesbrough, Cleveland United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Growbag Pots (Set Of 6)
A great product that does the job. Also looks smart in the greenhouse! I used plastic pots with the bottoms removed last year and the extra soil does strengthen the plants and improve the crop. The water reservoirs these have as well (opposed the the use of pots without bottoms) makes life even easier. Do buy the guards that go with this item as they save you the horrors of removing dead insects (and leaves) from the water reservoirs!

5.0 out of 5 stars Pots, 8 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Growbag Pots (Set Of 6)
These are brilliant I,m hopeful for a better crop this year. Would recommend them to all also very cheap. Pleased with them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gowbag pots, 11 April 2013
This review is from: Growbag Pots (Set Of 6)
I am so pleased with these growing pots. Very good quality and very easy to use. Ive never used them before and these were recommended. Much better than just a grow bag where my tomatoes flopped. Would recommend product and seller. I emailed them for avice and was helped straight away.

4.0 out of 5 stars Advert details, 3 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Growbag Pots (Set Of 6)
I would have liked to know the measurement of each pot before I purchased. This would have helped me to decide whether to buy square or round.

Growbag Pots (Set Of 6)