5.0 out of 5 stars Beautifully shot movie
Published on 19 Oct 2012 by TY515

3.0 out of 5 stars Much ado about nothing
Mia and Frida meet during a wedding party, somewhere in Sweden.
They develop a strong attraction for each other.
Frida is attracted to girls. Mia is already engaged (to a man).
Hence an internal conflict, compounded by Mia's reluctance to enter any serious relationship.
I liked the script and the outstanding acting performance.
I was slightly...
Published 18 months ago by Christian Nugue

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautifully shot movie, 19 Oct 2012
TY515 (Reading, Berkshire United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Kiss Me [DVD] (DVD)
I have sat through a lot of terrible lesbian films. Films that have made me angry with how bad they are, films that I couldn't understand how they got made because they were so bad, films that I gave up on to go and do the washing up. My interest in lesbian cinema had dwindled to an all time low when I came across the trailer for this film on youtube and ended up watching it, not expecting much. I was completely taken aback by the quality of this film and I immediately came to Amazon to purchase the dvd as I know I will want to watch this again.

Everything about this film is brilliant. The script has some wonderfully realistic dialogue and family dynamics, I love the subtlety of the acting and the beauty of the cinematography and the leads have great chemistry. I actually couldn't recommend this film more. A couple of the reviewers seem to struggle with the subtitles but I believe their poor reviews are due to some kind of innate fear of foreign film (not that they were actually sure which foreign country this was set in). I loved this film, it's nearly as good as Avengers Assemble. In a very different way...

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally an excellent lesbian film!!, 28 July 2012
This review is from: Kiss Me [DVD] (DVD)
One of the best lesbian films I have ever seen, don't want to spoil it, so won't say what happens but the two ladies sizzle with chemistry and the Swedish accent is so cute don't let subs put you off, a fab movie with a good soundtrack, a must see for anyone like me who has sat through a lot of truly awful lesbian movies!! :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Best movie ever!, 11 Jun 2012
This review is from: Kiss Me [DVD] (DVD)
Finally a realistic lesbian movie with great acting and directing. A really sweet and romantic story. A very recommendable movie!! (watched it twice:)

5.0 out of 5 stars Kiss Me, 12 Nov 2012
This review is from: Kiss Me [DVD] (DVD)
Some times the 'straight' woman falling for a lesbian can be over romanticized but not in this case. A 'true to life' and much more realistic and convincing story line by Alexandra Therese Keining and a brilliant team.It is very difficult to find enough time, unless when shooting a mini series, to touch all the components of a love affair this complex. But considering the short space in time utilized, we have a glimpse of perspective from both sides of the love affair. Even from the ex-lovers to the parents and how much upheaval and emotional havoc a relationship can bring. Congratulations and hats off to the entire team and especially the Actors, who bring the story to life. Looking forward to more successful, 'real' stories and movies from Alexandra Therese Keining and her team.

5.0 out of 5 stars Kiss me kiss me!, 31 Aug 2012
This review is from: Kiss Me [DVD] (DVD)
I really loved this movie. Scandinavian cinema is not ordinary one. A movie is about very down to earth story. Characters almost realistic and this story may happen to everyone. The OST is very nice for your ears. I really recommend this movie to buy and watch. I have already seen this movie twice...!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic film, 20 Jun 2012
Two true statements:
There are a lot of lesbian films out there.
There are not a lot of GOOD lesbian films out there.

What makes this film good is the fact that the actresses have chemistry together. They can also act. So can the supporting cast - and very well, too.

The way the film is shot is great, too, as is the colour palette. Add to that a pretty inoffensive script and you have a gem of a movie.

Summary: it's engaging, believable, and enjoyable. I don't see the need for anything else :)

Buy it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Authentic emotional depth, 17 Oct 2013
amoeba (Featherstone) - See all my reviews
This is one of two or three lesbian movies actually worth watching. The story portrays the beginning of a love story set against the backdrop of tensed family dynamics and a wedding that nearly happened.
The characters have huge emotional depth, they're not only two very hot actresses.
The Swedish setting is unusual in its calmness. The dialogue is subdued and tension-charged in a very subtle way, it makes you want to watch more Swedish films.
By far my favourite lesbian film and quite high in my world cinema top too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous!, 30 Mar 2013
This review is from: Kiss Me [DVD] (DVD)
This has to be one of the best lesbian romance films I have seen. The actors are beautiful and have depth, great chemistry and realistic. The love scenes are just enough and a fabulous soundtrack. Do not be put off by the subtitles and the accents are quite cute. If you are looking for a well acted, beautiful, romantic love story this film is for you.

5.0 out of 5 stars the best, 30 Mar 2013
Denise (Bantry,, Ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Kiss Me [DVD] (DVD)
This is the best lesbian movie I have ever seen. By far. The story is even appealing to my straight friends. The story and the acting in tremendous.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really good film and a decent release, 24 Mar 2013
This review is from: Kiss Me [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
This is a love story that is really well made and seems very genuine to me. The acting is good and the scenery is beautiful. The Blu-ray release is good in terms of both picture and audio quality. The only thing that I would have liked to see is an option to turn off the subtitles. However, I do realise that as someone who understands Swedish I'm part of a very small minority in the UK.

Kiss Me [DVD]
Kiss Me [DVD] by Alexandra-Therese Keining (DVD - 2012)