on 20 June 2013
I bought this camera in may 2013 and I have to admit I have not put it down since. This camera is so easy to use with the guide function and even without using the guide function (if your a little experienced photographer but not quite at that intermediate level). Having said that, once you get to grips with all the fucntions I found myself wanting more from this camera than it can provide. But I'm still very happy with this purchase. The quality of the pictures are absolutely brilliant regardless of what pixal you are using. The wide range of ISO settings allows you to take pictures in the dark without the picture becoming grainy. Vedio recording is great but unfortunatly the camera picks up the noise from the lens when you are focusing on the subject and or zooming in/out from a subject. ( the only way to avoid this noise interuption is dont use the zoom in/out function or purhaps invest in an external mic that you can attach to the camera). The size of the camera is perfect for someone like myself (petite frame). The lens with the in-built stabilisers is perfect for beginners getting used to the functions of the camera. I am still getting used to taking pictures with my first and new dslr and I have produced some blurry images but with practice im geting better. The colour red is really realy nice (I have had nice comments about the colour).
This product is perfect if you are moving away from compact point and shoot cameras and would ike more freedom with taking photographs and experimenting. A great entry-level DSLR.
on 22 January 2013
I've bought the D3200 as my first venture in the world of DSLR. I've been playing with it for just over a week now and I absolutely love it. As a beginner it has some really useful auto modes which allow you to tweak one or two settings and it controls the rest.

The guide mode is good as it helps a newbie like me understand what settings to use when taking certain shots. From there I've started exploring with the settings but as of yet haven't been able to get photos as good as the auto and guide modes. I'm sure I'll get there though.

I've got some great photos with the kit lens that came with it and am unlikely to need another lens for a while. I'm looking forward to summer to get some decent country shots and get full use of the filters.

I love the Red colour, and although it has nothing to do with quality it stands out as a bit different to all the other DSLR's.
on 19 January 2014
This is the best camera I have purchased to date. It is going to take a lot to beat for the money. Fantastic features and very easy to use, and would recommend it to anyone.
on 7 January 2013
This camera is perfect for the impatient person.

I wanted a camera that did more than the standard shot, I wanted the silk effect on water etc the marco shots the blurring of the back drop! Shots that look cool and not like my 7 year old son has taken them!

This camera does ALL that you want it to do and the pre installed factory settings in the guide are awesome!

It could not be easier to produce professional photograph.

This is a perfect camera and in Red, gets a number of compliments for the vein of character!

I enjoyed taking pictures before, now I can't wait to get my next quality shot!

Look no further for the money!
on 9 December 2013
Pros:
1. Pictures are really vivid, great colors and much more closer to real colors of the environment
2. Resolution is excellent
2. light weight
3. handles noise well
4. ISO performance is great
5. FPS is fast and satisfying
6. D3200 is so easy to use, so good choice for DSLR newbies
on 27 December 2012
This is an excellent camera. For the ones that don't do professional photography is more than enough. High quality photos and you can use it as a manual camera or an automatic one. Easy to handle and to work with.
on 27 April 2013
As a DSLR beginner I am very impressed with the quality of the camera and amazed at the technology. I have taken it on three expeditions and have learned something new each time. The instruction book that came with it is easier to follow than I thought it would be even so I bought, through Amazon of course, another book by an independant photographer who explains even more about the D3200.
I enjoyed photography before and even more now.
on 13 March 2014
I bought this camera on a whim - an old man bored with retirement. I had only ever used a point and shoot camera so this was daunting. I went ahead and bought "Nikon D3200 for Dummies" and "from Snapshots to Great Shots" by Rob Sylvan. I also enrolled on a camera course through Amazon. My life has changed. I'm out every day trying to improve and get the best shot. Watching info on YouTube and getting on with the course. I'm a newbie, but it seems that everyone raves about this camera, you can use it as a beginner right up to semi professional or even further, Yes I want a fish eye lens, a telescopic lens and all the trimmings so lots of scope for my family on my birthday. If you want a hobby and an impressive tool then this camera is for you. Don't buy it and leave it on a shelf... get out there and frighten the wild life.
on 4 April 2014
Purchased this Camera as an upgrade to my old Nikon D30 to which I only ever used as a point and shoot.
So decided to go back to school and learn how to use a DSLR properly!
Had a look at most of the models in my budget range and found this one, in red.
The saving between this one and a black one was about £20-£30, Why? Is there racism in the camera world?
This is an absolute brilliant entry level DSLR (in red) and I have learned so much about digital photography with it.
The 24.2 pixel sensor takes fantastic images and the kit 18-55mm lens is brilliant for all kinds of photo work.
In my view, this is a great camera and if you want to save a little money, get the red bodied one, it does exactly the same as the black bodied one.
I think it looks pretty cool too !!
on 18 October 2013
I am an amateur looking for a DSLR which not too xpensive but good quality and I found this one. The functions are not complicated for a beginner. Just learn some techniques, it can help me get a nice photo.